First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
So after 800 and something break in miles I finally managed to take my new baby on a road trip for some serious time in the saddle. A quick run to Vegas, about 275 mi. each way.

Imagine my disappointment when starting thru the desert with 250+ songs on my USB drive only to discover that the car constantly stops reading from it or stops playing what it's reading from it every 4 or 5 songs!

Has anyone else had the opportunity to discover this issue? I thought it was an over heating issue on the drive itself but after multiple trys the little drive isn't super hot to the touch every time...so I'm not so sure what the issue is... I only know for sure my 2016 xlt had no issues with such a simple thing.
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
So after 800 and something break in miles I finally managed to take my new baby on a road trip for some serious time in the saddle. A quick run to Vegas, about 275 mi. each way.

Imagine my disappointment when starting thru the desert with 250+ songs on my USB drive only to discover that the car constantly stops reading from it or stops playing what it's reading from it every 4 or 5 songs!

Has anyone else had the opportunity to discover this issue? I thought it was an over heating issue on the drive itself but after multiple trys the little drive isn't super hot to the touch every time...so I'm not so sure what the issue is... I only know for sure my 2016 xlt had no issues with such a simple thing.
I have a 128gb micro usb with 750+ songs on it. It plays fine. Never had any issues.

OP
OP
JohngaltinOC

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
No issues with mine. Over 2000 songs and have used it on 3 different trucks.
Well, this sounds encouraging. With no moving parts, and no issue in other vehicles, I came to the conclusion it's the new truck for some reason. I'll buy a new USB and say a prayer.... Thx all.

Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
We have a large collection of CDs that we’d love to play in the truck. Can I just transfer them to a good quality USB and play them in the truck from it?

I have been trying to get them onto my iPhone but Apple would rather sell them to you...

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
We have a large collection of CDs that we’d love to play in the truck. Can I just transfer them to a good quality USB and play them in the truck from it?

I have been trying to get them onto my iPhone but Apple would rather sell them to you...
If you have a Windows computer and a CD drive, you can use Windows Medeia player to rip them to MP3. I haven't done it in awhile but it had some decent settings for gain and bit rates when I used it pre Windows 10.

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Not sure how many songs I have but never have a problem. I will note that the USB is one of the very small ones only sticks out about a quarter inch, so the weight of the USB is not hanging on the USB adapter and being bounced via road issues.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
If you have a Windows computer and a CD drive, you can use Windows Medeia player to rip them to MP3. I haven't done it in awhile but it had some decent settings for gain and bit rates when I used it pre Windows 10.
This is also possible using a Mac or a Linux computer

rather than convert to MP3 I prefer FLAC, and I've read that the B&O system will read FLAC

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Im frankly shocked so many people use USBs to store music and play them in their truck. My dad does but hes like... i dont know 63.

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
This is also possible using a Mac or a Linux computer

rather than convert to MP3 I prefer FLAC, and I've read that the B&O system will read FLAC
does it? I need to try it out. I prefer FLAC over even high bitrate MP3

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I'm 63

If there was a record player in that truck, I'd use it...
I thought that’s what the pro power on board was for, now where do I plug in these RCA jacks? :oops: Lol