Sponsored

Upgrade Standard Mirrors to Tow Mirrors

Dannyboy80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost (SOLD)
Hey all,

I assume this topic has been covered somewhere on this forum before but all of the search terms I tried returned a mess of irrelevant results. So I hope this isn’t a terribly repeated question….

I have a 21 Lariat PB with power folding mirrors, 360 cam and BLIS. I’d really like to upgrade my mirrors to the factory tow mirrors without losing any of this functionality. Does anyone know if there’s a plug and play way to do this?

I’d assume there’s a part number for a mirror that applies to a truck with these exact same features. But from what I’ve seen, pretty much all of the mirrors that have these same features also have a power extending capability for which there’s no button in my truck so I’d need them to be manual extending but power folding.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
OP
OP

Dannyboy80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the link - I’ll read up.

Reached out to a Ford dealer with the appropriately features mirrors listed on eBay but with chrome caps which I don’t want. Asked if they had these same mirrors in all black and was informed the mirrors with these options aren’t offered in all black, only chrome capped.

Wondering if anyone knows that to be actually true or if this guy was mistaken. Really don’t want chrome capped mirrors.

Also considering swapping in tow mirrors that have everything but power folding/extending, as I don’t care much about those features and it seems the manual fold/extend are about half the price. Curious if anyone knows whether or not that’s problematic on a truck that came with standard power folding mirrors from the factory.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd

Reached out to a Ford dealer with the appropriately features mirrors listed on eBay but with chrome caps which I don’t want. Asked if they had these same mirrors in all black and was informed the mirrors with these options aren’t offered in all black, only chrome capped.

Wondering if anyone knows that to be actually true or if this guy was mistaken. Really don’t want chrome capped mirrors.

Also considering swapping in tow mirrors that have everything but power folding/extending, as I don’t care much about those features and it seems the manual fold/extend are about half the price. Curious if anyone knows whether or not that’s problematic on a truck that came with standard power folding mirrors from the factory.
I know you can swap out the chrome cap for a black cap, for even more cost unfortunately.

I did the swap to tow mirrors and have every feature but power fold/extend and love them except for the fact that every single time I get the truck washed the hand driers always bump the small convex bottom mirrors out of place which are not powered with my version. Does anyone know if the full power tow mirrors include a bottom convex powered mirror too? Honestly, if so, and if you like to get your truck washed a lot i"d splurge on the full power mirrors. It's annoying to have to jump in and out 5 times to line up the passenger convex mirror to get it right every couple of weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dannyboy80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know you can swap out the chrome cap for a black cap, for even more cost unfortunately.

I did the swap to tow mirrors and have every feature but power fold/extend and love them except for the fact that every single time I get the truck washed the hand driers always bump the small convex bottom mirror out of place which is not powered with my version. Does anyone know if the full power tow mirrors include a bottom convex powered mirror too? Honestly, if so, and if you like to get your truck washed a lot i"d splurge on the full power mirrors. It's annoying to have to jump in and out multiple times to line up the passenger convex mirror 5 times to get it right every couple of weeks.
Did your truck originally have power folding mirrors?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A

My understanding was that F150s only come with chrome tow mirrors, but the black caps from a Superduty will fit, and are usually cheap on eBay from people who have upgraded to chrome.

OP
OP

Dannyboy80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My understanding was that F150s only come with chrome tow mirrors, but the black caps from a Superduty will fit, and are usually cheap on eBay from people who have upgraded to chrome.
They actually do make them in black but it appears these aren’t power folding/telescoping.
Sponsored