OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What I ended up doing with mine is separating the molded parts of both the panels and

those melted rivets can be easily cut with an razor knive to seperate the panels. I had the cheap panel with the switches with no rear window switch or openings for sensor. I was able to seperate the panels and use what I needed in order to build one complete panel. In place of the melted rivets I just ran a screw into them since the posts were hollow. Also in addition to the few melted rivets the parts also had clips holding them together. (I know I should have taken pictures) but honestly it was pretty obvious once you get everything apart. you could also use JB Weld or something if you really want it glued but the screws worked great.
If I can’t make the one I filed look better I might give this method a try. Worst that could happen is I mess up an already altered one
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
What do you mean an illumination wire? Isn't that what accessory/ignition power is?
I might have misunderstood which wire you are looking for, but we need two different sources (from my understanding) we need an accessory/ignition power going to pin 1 and 9 for the switches to operate and we also need an illumination power source to go pin 11. This will allow the backlights in the switches to dim along with the rest of the dash lights in the truck.

I am just trying to figure out which wires people are tapping into at the BCM to get these.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
I might have misunderstood which wire you are looking for, but we need two different sources (from my understanding) we need an accessory/ignition power going to pin 1 and 9 for the switches to operate and we also need an illumination power source to go pin 11. This will allow the backlights in the switches to dim along with the rest of the dash lights in the truck.

I am just trying to figure out which wires people are tapping into at the BCM to get these.
I haven't looked into this in awhile but I thought it was just one wire going to a certain bcm connector to provide the backlit illumination. From there the switches interact with the relay/fuse box under the hood to turn on or off the desired accessory.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What I ended up doing with mine is separating the molded parts of both the panels and

those melted rivets can be easily cut with an razor knive to seperate the panels. I had the cheap panel with the switches with no rear window switch or openings for sensor. I was able to seperate the panels and use what I needed in order to build one complete panel. In place of the melted rivets I just ran a screw into them since the posts were hollow. Also in addition to the few melted rivets the parts also had clips holding them together. (I know I should have taken pictures) but honestly it was pretty obvious once you get everything apart. you could also use JB Weld or something if you really want it glued but the screws worked great.
This was brilliant. I went ahead and did it. Much happier with that and saved about $150 or so dollars.

Brandanr96

First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 Xlt black appearance
Occupation
Nurse
Just saw this. Another pre order went live today. Did anyone get any more updates on Upfitter? I emailed and didn’t get a response

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 6B6774AF-5802-4008-A02C-724E355CEAB5

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just saw this. Another pre order went live today. Did anyone get any more updates on Upfitter? I emailed and didn’t get a response

6B6774AF-5802-4008-A02C-724E355CEAB5.jpeg
The alleged last 10 orders were being shipped this weekend. Somehow all of us who ordered were the last to order. I understand he’s a small business but don’t advertise new products when others are still unfulfilled.

Brandanr96

First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 Xlt black appearance
Occupation
Nurse
The alleged last 10 orders were being shipped this weekend. Somehow all of us who ordered were the last to order. I understand he’s a small business but don’t advertise new products when others are still unfulfilled.
Which is weird because we all ordered so quick. I also checked throughout the day it went live and it didn’t sell out until like 8+hours after it went live. Odd

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
Which is weird because we all ordered so quick. I also checked throughout the day it went live and it didn’t sell out until like 8+hours after it went live. Odd
I also checked throughout the day and as you stated, he didn’t sell out of pre-orders. It is interesting we seem to be the last to get them but the very first to order as customers. I still feel the majority went to his

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Sounds like the Tesla business model.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
be interesting if it shows up this week then......i placed my order like at 5:03pm when it went live....i guess somehow i am still one of the last orders then haha

o well i am not really in a rush for it......still need to go other stuff together before if could even wire stuff up

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Depends if you really know the owner like I do. He doesn't do favouritism but he definitely does look out for repeat well-known customers like myself. His shipping is really quick I won't lie, he's based in US where I am in Canada, always got it in 3-5 days, even clearing customs.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Depends if you really know the owner like I do. He doesn't do favouritism but he definitely does look out for repeat well-known customers like myself. His shipping is really quick I won't lie, he's based in US where I am in Canada, always got it in 3-5 days, even clearing customs.
His shipping doesn’t seem quick compared to what a few of us are seeing. Had 43 orders to fill on 5/1. It’s been 22 days that’s only 2 per day not exactly crazy numbers there. I’m not in a hurry but I don’t like seeing target dates missed with no information and then seeing new product releases while still waiting on an order placed two months prior.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
His shipping doesn’t seem quick compared to what a few of us are seeing. Had 43 orders to fill on 5/1. It’s been 22 days that’s only 2 per day not exactly crazy numbers there. I’m not in a hurry but I don’t like seeing target dates missed with no information and then seeing new product releases while still waiting on an order placed two months prior.
Interesting, I would reach out to them and see what’s the hold up? 100% am the same as you seeing target dates missed and everything but could be circumstances behind it? Going to PM you.

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
Interesting, I would reach out to them and see what’s the hold up? 100% am the same as you seeing target dates missed and everything but could be circumstances behind it? Going to PM you.
I posted above, I reached out and was told they had a design change and had to wait on new 4ga lugs.
Laurence does great work, my main issue is that there was a date set by them, it was missed and then zero communication until a post on IG. That information was posted May 1st saying the remaining harnesses were "coming soon". I don't consider over 2 weeks to be soon.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I posted above, I reached out and was told they had a design change and had to wait on new 4ga lugs.
Laurence does great work, my main issue is that there was a date set by them, it was missed and then zero communication until a post on IG. That information was posted May 1st saying the remaining harnesses were "coming soon". I don't consider over 2 weeks to be soon.
Other than you I’ve not seen anything about a design change. They have time to create 300 raptor shifter harnesses. I was told the remaining 10 orders would be shipped by last weekend. I’m still unsure how we all got to be the last 10 but let’s see. I reached back out for more information regarding the whole shipped by/over the weekend.

If it weren’t for the great work he does I would extremely aggravated and just request a refund/chargeback at this point. $600+ dollars to someone with no ETA on when the product would be delivered.
Sponsored