OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Now back to the topic of the amazing almost solved nightmare.

After some seat time today:

The noise is only present (at a 60% reduced level than before) when accelerating (non aggressively) up a hill.

Flat roads, freeway it incredibly vanished.

I am hopeful that perhaps a little more “marring” by the Throttle Body manufacturer will address it.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
check out the youtube video i pasted above..
I did. I’m choosing to believe real world proof over a YouTube video.

My 16 F150 had large oversized tires that would get knobby and wear uneven without constant rotation. So for two years I drove in 4A, all day, everyday.

Not sure if it helped the life of my tires, but I had zero transmission issues with 105K on the clock.

Sorry OP for the thread derail.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
start the video at 4:50

Did YOU watch the video? He states it's fine to drive on dry pavement, his opinion is that it might "increase the pressure on the driveline", whatever that's supposed to mean.

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
I did. I’m choosing to believe real world proof over a YouTube video.

My 16 F150 had large oversized tires that would get knobby and wear uneven without constant rotation. So for two years I drove in 4A, all day, everyday.

Not sure if it helped the life of my tires, but I had zero transmission issues with 105K on the clock.

Sorry OP for the thread derail.
didn’t mean to do any harm. just wanted to look after one another. (y)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my 22 KR if you select SPORT it selects 4 A as default in drive modes
and it does apply pwr to front wheels according to the power distribution gauge in the IP cluster
i have seen 50% on spirited take offs from a stop sign
actually i find sport mode to be more MPG friendly around town . i am at almost 18 now this week of 4A driving vice the 17.5 in normal

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
didn’t mean to do any harm. just wanted to look after one another. (y)
All good man.

YouTube is a wealth of information, good information. But like the rest of the internet, also just a lot of peoples opinions.

Bgitchel

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang gt, 2015 Fiesta ST
Occupation
Veteran
My 2019 Mustang gt with a vortech v3 jt makes that exact sound. Around 2k rpms only and it's dependant on the position of the throttle. It's been like that for a year and a half and runs 10s and never had an issue. So I wouldn't worry about reliability. But I agree, the noise is extremely irritating.

Following this thread in case there is a remedy. Because I got tired of trying to figure it out.

Since mine is a centri and completely different set up with the same sound, I would think it's not related to the whipple kit itself but possibly and OEM part that's been altered to some degree.

Maybe this will help narrow things down. But I've always suspected something with the throttle body as well since it is dependant on the throttle position.

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
My 2019 Mustang gt with a vortech v3 jt makes that exact sound. Around 2k rpms only and it's dependant on the position of the throttle. It's been like that for a year and a half and runs 10s and never had an issue. So I wouldn't worry about reliability. But I agree, the noise is extremely irritating.

Following this thread in case there is a remedy. Because I got tired of trying to figure it out.

Since mine is a centri and completely different set up with the same sound, I would think it's not related to the whipple kit itself but possibly and OEM part that's been altered to some degree.

Maybe this will help narrow things down. But I've always suspected something with the throttle body as well since it is dependant on the throttle position.
The issue has been diagnosed . It’s the thin edge of the throttle body butterfly/flap that is causing the squealing. The air passing over it is making it whistle.

Marring the edge (not sure exactly if the marring is done in a certain way) cured the issue nearly all the way.

not sure if having the Throttle Body manufacturer making the marring/scuffs more aggressive will completely alleviate it or cause a new issue.

my plan to hedge is to purchase a new flap section and have them scuff that one up a little more aggressively.

that way I don’t ruin what I have which is way better than I could have imagined.

Sponsored

Bgitchel

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang gt, 2015 Fiesta ST
Occupation
Veteran
The issue has been diagnosed . It’s the thin edge of the throttle body butterfly/flap that is causing the squealing. The air passing over it is making it whistle.

Marring the edge (not sure exactly if the marring is done in a certain way) cured the issue nearly all the way.

not sure if having the Throttle Body manufacturer making the marring/scuffs more aggressive will completely alleviate it or cause a new issue.

my plan to hedge is to purchase a new flap section and have them scuff that one up a little more aggressively.

that way I don’t ruin what I have which is way better than I could have imagined.
Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. I was like "someone else with the whitsle, lemme respond"
That's good to know. I'm going to be looking at it today or tomorrow and see if I can get mine to stop.

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
What kind of hit to your gas mileage did you see with the blower?

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Being that I haven’t driven it until just this week and have yet to fill it up, I don’t know the exact or even close to mpg hit but it doesn’t seem too thirsty.

Next up a front Big Brake Kit. Truck is a rocket and the stock brakes aren’t going to be sufficient.

Ordered the front 16” APB Brakes and should have them in a month. Have to use 1-1/4” bora spacers for clearance w the stock 20” wheels.

Will start a new thread when it’s installed.

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4WD 5.0, 2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew FBO previous
Anyone happen to know "how" the marring is done? Got my Whipple installed last week, and I have the same squeal. Would love a solution!

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Anyone happen to know "how" the marring is done? Got my Whipple installed last week, and I have the same squeal. Would love a solution!
I will find out and post the results here, I need to have mine marred up some more but am apprehensive in case the squealing intensifies.

Mine is still squealing when you accelerate at "1/4" throttle - it is not there like it was when you were at a constant speed.

Whipple support does not acknowledge the issue or care to assist in anyway, it is pathetic.
Sponsored