(Update) Working on a Buyback Replacement

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Welp, I picked up my 22' King Ranch PB on 10/8 that I ordered back in April, and it's been down at the dealership for the past 7 weeks straight now. Water came through the windshield and soaked my BCM and main wiring harness on the passenger side A-pillar. Tons of back-and-forth calls and emails with Ford corporate over the past 7 weeks trying to get parts and there is no ETA on availability still. We finally agreed that's it best if we move forward with a Buyback and just move on. So, I'm currently early on in that process, but while this is going on I'm looking for a replacement idea. I'm seeing 23 models hitting dealers now and I'm considering going to up a Platinum vs King Ranch due to the pricing being very similar. 22's are starting to get harder to find and I'd be open to one provided there are some incentives. Anyone go from a KR to Platinum and have regrets or vice versa? Also, my KR had a sunroof which I really enjoyed the limited amount of time I had it, but I know there's been a bunch of threads started with complaints of leaks or malfunction. Are those still as problematic as they use to be or have there been corrections made in the past few years? TIA
What the hell. You were able to get out of chip purgatory and you get this. Sorry man. Still waiting here. I bet if you order now you will still get yours before mine😂. I myself would get the platinum. I’m not a fan of all the chrome even though I like the interior of the KR. One reason I haven’t found a truck like mine on the lot is because the all have moonroofs. That’s a big no for me. Why would you cut a hole in a perfectly good roof. They always leak over time. This is why I ordered the 502a fully loaded. No chrome and no forced moonroof. Just my 2 cents. Good luck @Lockedandloaded08. Good to hear from you just wish it was in different circumstances
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The KingRanch is available with no chrome except the silver grill. In fact most KingRanch trucks I see are the non-chrome version.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
I went with no chrome. 600a. I just didn’t think 601a added much.

That's what I ordered and as well because I don't like the chrome bumpers either. Everything around here in the King Ranch trim level has the chrome package which is too shiny for me personally. Kinda what a Star White platinum now and find some BAP wheels to slap on it.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
What the hell. You were able to get out of chip purgatory and you get this. Sorry man. Still waiting here. I bet if you order now you will still get yours before mine. I myself would get the platinum. I’m not a fan of all the chrome even though I like the interior of the KR. One reason I haven’t found a truck like mine on the lot is because the all have moonroofs. That’s a big no for me. Why would you cut a hole in a perfectly good roof. They always leak over time. This is why I ordered the 502a fully loaded. No chrome and no forced moonroof. Just my 2 cents. Good luck @Lockedandloaded08. Good to hear from you just wish it was in different circumstances
Dang man sorry to see you're still in chip purgatory. Any real eta yet?

Sponsored

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Nope. Not yet. 137 days in production. Sucks that you have to start over though

[/QUOTAE]
Nope. Not yet. 137 days in production. Sucks that you have to start over though
Man that sucks, hope you get some good news soon and at the end of the day for me it's just stuff at least that's what I keep telling myself. It will eventually work itself out............Hopefully

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Moonroof is meant to leak into channels that do plug. I’ve had leaks before and got lucky nothing got damages. They were pretty bad leaks too. I would never option a moonroof if choice was provided.
Have had several fords w moonroofs and they eventually leaked . The last one i intentionally blew em out twice a year which helped . Replacing my truck i chose every option except moonroof. If i want sky view ill get a convertible

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Oh my, I probably shouldn't have been reading these as I have my platinum with Moonroof, still waiting to be shipped. I have a 2011 Camry, with a sunroof, and have never had any kind of issue. That's why I figured I go with the moon roof. Hope I don't live to regret that decision. Time will tell, and like someone said, if it's going to be garaged, it shouldn't be a problem. It' been years since I've had a ford, hope I don't regret going back to them.

Lesters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah I'm not excited about this progress I just want to move forward and get past it. Been driving a base model Ram with the 3.6 for a month now and I'll practically do anything to get out of this thing. My truck only had 640 miles on it so they shouldn't hit me too bad with usage.
While our truck currently has 13k miles, the mileage was deducted at the point when it first went into the shop (750 miles). California has a specific formula that Ford follows. Our usage fee ended up being $321.

Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
**Update**

Has anyone gone through the Ford Buyback program semi-recently? I’m currently going through the process right now and I feel like I’m getting hosed here. MSRP on my truck that I ordered in April was $71,600 but after X-plan, rebates and a PCO I got it knocked down to $63k. I had a trade in worth $42k so I only had to pay sales tax on the difference which was $21k. They won’t help me any on a replacement vehicles Sales Tax or even offer a voucher for a replacement similar vehicle and I pick up the difference. Which means I will have to pay an extra $2625 for the next vehicle because that $42k trade value isn’t there. They also dinged me for $0.53 per mile I drove the vehicle for “usage” which 1/3 of that was to the dealership twice and their test drives. So they are factoring that much in depreciation per mile seems high. Also my truck only has 641 miles on it and it has been stranded at the dealership for 50 + days now with no eta on parts still. All this paired with not being able to use X-plan on a vehicle off a lot and pricing up going up this is shaping up to cost me a fair amount to replace the vehicle. Voiced all my concerns is my RAV agent calmly (really did) and she said this is the offer. I asked there has to be someone else I can speak with and she said “ Would you like me to escalate this”? I replied with please and she said ok and hung up; must have been a rough day because her tone from the beginning was rough to start. This whole process is just draining now at this point. Was trying to avoid outside representation and it looks like I might have to go that route.

TIA

Welp, I picked up my 22' King Ranch PB on 10/8 that I ordered back in April, and it's been down at the dealership for the past 7 weeks straight now. Water came through the windshield and soaked my BCM and main wiring harness on the passenger side A-pillar. Tons of back-and-forth calls and emails with Ford corporate over the past 7 weeks trying to get parts and there is no ETA on availability still. We finally agreed that's it best if we move forward with a Buyback and just move on. So, I'm currently early on in that process, but while this is going on I'm looking for a replacement idea. I'm seeing 23 models hitting dealers now and I'm considering going to up a Platinum vs King Ranch due to the pricing being very similar. 22's are starting to get harder to find and I'd be open to one provided there are some incentives. Anyone go from a KR to Platinum and have regrets or vice versa? Also, my KR had a sunroof which I really enjoyed the limited amount of time I had it, but I know there's been a bunch of threads started with complaints of leaks or malfunction. Are those still as problematic as they use to be or have there been corrections made in the past few years? TIA

I just recently went through the buy back process and it was pretty quick and easy (about 6 weeks start to finish). The mileage fee you were hit with is standard and based explicitly on your state's lemon law. It is also the ONLY part of the buy back process that's negotiable. I was initially charged close to $9k for mileage and was able to negotiate that down a few thousand.

As for reimbursement, it's based entirely on what you paid per your bill of sale. So if your purchase price was $63k, you will be reimbursed for your $63k, plus associated taxes and fees, minus whatever you work out with RAV for your usage (mileage). It's pretty cut and dry because the numbers of what you paid for the truck and what you paid for taxes are all documented.

But they should have explained that you have three options: 1) Buyback, 2) VIN swap, 3) Keep the vehicle and they'll pay you some amount. Buyback and keeping the vehicle are the easiest. Keeping the vehicle and letting Ford pay an extra $10 to 15k toward your balance is pretty nice if you know the issue can be fixed and/or you're not emotionally fed up with the truck. The VIN swap only works if you've got a dealer that's willing to work with you since its your dealer that has to essentially give up a truck to Ford that they could have potentially sold at a markup.

In my case, I moved from an XLT (Black Widow) to a Raptor, so VIN swap was not an option, which sucked because I had 0% financing through Ford. I took the buyback and then used the money I got back (almost 10 months of payments) to take care of the down payment which I had paid on a credit card.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Well, I settled with them after a couple of adjustments and picked up a replacement 22' Platinum last week. It's been a long challenging process, but at least I have some closure now. Going to miss the KR interior, but the Platinum sure does looks good too.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Well, I settled with them after a couple of adjustments and picked up a replacement 22' Platinum last week. It's been a long challenging process, but at least I have some closure now. Going to miss the KR interior, but the Platinum sure does looks good too.
I’m curious, what was the final deal? Did they work with you on pricing at all since you initially paid so much less for the truck?

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
I’m curious, what was the final deal? Did they work with you on pricing at all since you initially paid so much less for the truck?
Pretty much it was same deal but they gave me a $2000 PCO towards the replacement. The dealer I got this one from was awesome and allowed me to use Xplan on a lot vehicle. So all in all I'm still out some $$, but to be honest to have some closure and put this behind me is worth some money.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Pretty much it was same deal but they gave me a $2000 PCO towards the replacement. The dealer I got this one from was awesome and allowed me to use Xplan on a lot vehicle. So all in all I'm still out some $$, but to be honest to have some closure and put this behind me is worth some money.
Well it’s nice to get some resolution, post pics! My next F-150 I’m gonna have to step up to a platinum. I love my lariats but those platinums look pretty nice
Sponsored