• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
You realize Ford manufacturers vehicles in places like Russia, Romania, South Africa, Australia, Vietnam.......... The list is long and distinguished and there are products that we Americans have never seen or heard of.

When Ford is speaking "globally", the Mach-E is hardly a blip. Admittedly it is huge news to us, but Ford is likely looking to build EV's far beyond the scope of what we find appealing.
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That article refers to the upcoming Lightning, not a replacement Lightning.
That article is referring to Blue Oval City and a new EV platform in 2025.

"We've announced this new plant; it's going to be a huge site, and it's going to build a vehicle we do not have today off a brand-new platform — a full-size pickup platform. We think it's going to be incredibly high volume. What I know for sure that we have to build more of? Battery plants."

Blue Oval City in brief:

• Stanton, west Tennessee
  • investment: $5.6 billion
  • a 3,600-acre campus covering nearly 6 square miles
  • 6,000 jobs
  • Production (from 2025):
    next-generation electric F-Series pickups
    BlueOvalSK advanced batteries (43 GWh annaully)

OP
OP
MAhauler

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
That playbook has been around for weeks and most ppl think it's just a mockup of placeholder images and text, instead of actual facts. If you look at the descriptions some of trims it references ICE engines.

But anyways, Summer delivery would be consistent with this info from the Lightning webinar which said deliveries starting in September 2022:

? Ford Webinar Reveals New 2022 F-150 Lightning Timeline: Jan. Order Bank, June Prod...

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Why is this news?

I think the intention was always to start production in spring with deliveries occurring in summer...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I do not know that you can trust anything on that screen. It shows the Platinum as being equipped with an EcoBoost motor. I think that the you are just seeing a mock up of what the screen will look like without providing any substantive information of what will ultimately be released. Even the pricing is off. In that regard, Mr. Farley has repeatedly stated that the Pro will start at under $40K. The playbook appears to show a starting price of over $56K.

Last edited:

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It also says “3.0L EcoBoost v6 engine”…
These are obviously canned images for training or sample purpose. I wouldn't pay any attention to details such as prices. I would hope Ford would release those in a more official manner to drum up support/business(i.e. press release)..it would be sloppy to allow those to leak out on a document like this.

TBH, I'm surprised there is no disclaimer on this like "Screen shots for illistrative(sp?) purposes only".

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I'd rather see trucks delivered in the summer, and have Ford take their time getting the line up to speed with building press/demo trucks. This truck has to be done right the first time and QA needs to be at a high level. The companies future is depending on the success of this F150.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'd rather see trucks delivered in the summer, and have Ford take their time getting the line up to speed with building press/demo trucks. This truck has to be done right the first time and QA needs to be at a high level. The companies future is depending on the success of this F150.
My hope is that the five or six months of pre-production practice will resolve many of those potential teething problems. The good news is that the lightning is similar to the ICE F150s - which should also be an advantage in Ford’s favor.
Sponsored