• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
My dealership stated from the beginning, order in April with June production, boy I’m gonna eat crow if his estimate turns out to be correct.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There will likely be news of a few EV alternatives to the Lightning before Lightning orders are fulfilled. But why would any future EVs of any kind be exempt of the same obstacles and timelines that the Lightning faces?
I don't think there are any shortcuts for GM or any other manufacturer.
Tesla probably had the biggest headstart in the history of EV's and they haven't delivered #1 truck yet and it was dangled for the customer far earlier.

It really hasn't been long at all. But if you stare at your watch an hour seems to be way longer. :)
The problem is Ford has already said there will be a second generation Lightning on a new platform. So 2023 Lightning at The end of 2022, meaning December 2022? A new platform announced in 2023 with deliveries at the end of 2024.

While you are correct that Tesla has dangled something way earlier, their product will come with new battery tech and that is why there is a big holdup….. well that and they can’t figure whether they want side mirrors or not lmao….

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The problem is Ford has already said there will be a second generation Lightning on a new platform. So 2023 Lightning at The end of 2022, meaning December 2022? A new platform announced in 2023 with deliveries at the end of 2024.
I find nothing directly from Ford indicating when the Lightning will be redesigned. There is industry speculation that a redesign is due in 2025 but that did not come from Ford. Any such plans are likely to be delayed just as much as the release of the current generation.

This appears to be the root of that story and it was many months ago: https://www.reuters.com/business/su...ated-ev-platforms-by-2025-sources-2021-05-25/

Also, I am of the opinion that the recent announcement applies to fleet vehicles only since that was the target audience of the webinar.

Hang in there folks, rumors and misinformation tend to fill the void when actual facts are scarce.

Edit: need to proof read before posting instead of after

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I always got lit up by the EV guys here when I kept saying Ford will produce a very small number of Lightnings in 2022 and most likely will push delivery to 2023, look at that I'm right. I won't be surprised if they push they dates back again.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

While you are correct that Tesla has dangled something way earlier, their product will come with new battery tech and that is why there is a big holdup….. well that and they can’t figure whether they want side mirrors or not lmao….
do you recall if they said only lightning will get the new platform or Every f-150 including gas ones? I wonder for gas ones, if this will be a new gen or mid-cycle refresh.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I find nothing directly from Ford indicating when the Lightning will be redesigned. There is industry speculation that a redesign is due in 2025 but that did not come from Ford. Any such plans are likely to be delayed just as much as the release of the current generation.

This appears to be the root of that story and it was many months ago: https://www.reuters.com/business/su...ated-ev-platforms-by-2025-sources-2021-05-25/

Also, I am of the opinion that the recent announcement applies to fleet vehicles only since that was the target audience of the webinar.

Hang in there folks, rumors and misinformation tend to fill the void when actual facts are scarce.

Edit: need to proof read before posting instead of after
This is true, but I still stand by that other offerings will pop up with better battery tech. But who knows. If we follow the Bronco and Mach-E debacles I think we should have known this would happen and realistically expect deliveries to start in 2023.

Looks like Ford is denying these rumors:

https://insideevs.com/news/552238/ford-f150-lightning-timeline-rumor/

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
There's really not anything more revealing of the modern man's human dilemma of eroding patience than a topic like this. ?

We really are an entertaining species if you think about it like that.

Ford, and almost any other manufacturer, wants to build and sell us as many vehicles as possible. But it just doesn't feeeeel that way when we want what we want and we want it NOW.
I'm fairly convinced that I will own a Lightning and it will be my personal entry into the EV space. But just exactly when that day will be is speculative at best. At least at this moment in time it is.
Alas, I'll just suffer with my 2021, and soon (relatively) to arrive 2022 Powerboost. It really isn't that painful. Lol

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There's really not anything more revealing of the modern man's human dilemma of eroding patience than a topic like this. ?

Ford, and almost any other manufacturer, wants to build and sell us as many vehicles as possible. But it just doesn't feeeeel that way when we want what we want and we want it NOW.
I'm fairly convinced that I will own a Lightning and it will be my personal entry into the EV space. But just exactly when that day will be is speculative at best. At least at this moment in time it is.
Alas, I'll just suffer with my 2021, and soon (relatively) to arrive 2022 Powerboost. It really isn't that painful. Lol

So now I'm wondering if someone was trolling, or its only fleet sales.....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don't know what to believe anymore.
Agreed. Their order banks can open in January, with Delivery of press Lightnings June 20th and still be on time. Meanwhile, they can claim supply constraints for the delayed delivery to customers :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Sure lots of rumours out there, but for now it sounds like they’re still on track.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner

You’ll love your PB I promise you!

MattECanadaDealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Badlands 2-DR MT (Demo)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Fleet order and production timing often differs from retail.

Retail order banks opening in January does have Ford missing the mark of "Fall '21" by ~30 days, the last day of fall is December 21st.

The production and delivery dates stated are likely specific to fleet customers, and have no relevance to retail reservations.
Sponsored