• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Updated December 3, 2021:

Ford denies this timeline from their own representatives on the webinar and says that deliveries will still begin in the Spring:

Update after watching the webminar:

While this was mostly focused on fleet talk, the one big relevant reveal for us retail order holders is when Ford representatives James Morgan and Nathan Gyori provided this timeline for Lightning ordering, production and deliveries. Unfortunately, deliveries have slipped from the original Spring estimate to now September.
  • January 2022: Lightning order banks open for both retail and fleet
  • June 2022: Lightning production begins
  • September 2022: First Lightning deliveries begin

Webinar link (starts at 2pm Eastern):
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ford-f...wCOWEHyOTKnYB-qkxonZswcQ9I-ZDV0Ly4Vfj__C_IxWE

Join DriveElectricTN and representatives from Ford to discuss the F-150 Lightning, E-Transit, and the planned Tennessee production facility!

About this event

Have you heard about Ford's huge investment in Tennessee? We are talking billions with a "B"! Join DriveElectricTN and Ford representatives James Morgan and Nathan Gyori to discuss what are likely to be the most widely sought-after ELECTRIC fleet products in the Ford F-150 Lightning and E-Transit! Additionally, we will get to hear about the planning for the 5+ square-mile production facility that will be located just outside Memphis, TN - "Blue Oval City."

This webinar is intended for interested fleets and fleet managers across the state as an opportunity to learn about electrifying their fleets with Ford in the near future, while gaining an understanding of what's to come with Ford EV production in West Tennessee.

Although focused on fleets, this webinar is open to the public! All are welcome to come listen and learn.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Ford Government sales manager said order bank opens in January With production to start in June.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Is that just for fleet orders, or for everyone in general?

If it's for everyone I'm getting real tired of waiting, so some of y'all might move up a spot soon. Production starting in June means I'd probably have an early 2023 delivery at the earliest.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Is that just for fleet orders, or for everyone in general?

If it's for everyone I'm getting real tired of waiting, so some of y'all might move up a spot soon. Production starting in June means I'd probably have an early 2023 delivery at the earliest.
It is for everyone (fleet and retail). He mentioned later in the webinar that he expects deliveries in September.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Did he specifically say it is for retail customers as well? Maybe they are sending the first few months of trucks to retail customers and adding fleet customers after they get higher production numbers.

Sponsored

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Ford: Ordering will be available fall of 2021.

Also Ford: Oops, we meant winter of 2022.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Yikes, deliveries start in September of 2022? Even as a day one reservation I don't think I will be getting one until 2023.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yikes, deliveries start in September of 2022? Even as a day one reservation I don't think I will be getting one until 2023.
Same here. I am going to put another Reservation in and wait for Gen 2. Ill cancel my initial Reservation and keep my ICE.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
If this launch is even close to the Bronco disaster it will be early 2023 before the first deliveries. Supply shortages will be with us for at least the next year.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
If this launch is even close to the Bronco disaster it will be early 2023 before the first deliveries. Supply shortages will be with us for at least the next year.
If this is the timeline, the 2022 will be delivered in Model Year 2023. Ugh.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If this is the timeline, the 2022 will be delivered in Model Year 2023. Ugh.
Or they will just make a very small (few hundred?) Number of 2022s to say they started deliveries.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Interesting that their website still says ordering in Fall 2021 and first deliveries in Spring 2022. On the main Lightning Page

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
There will likely be news of a few EV alternatives to the Lightning before Lightning orders are fulfilled. But why would any future EVs of any kind be exempt of the same obstacles and timelines that the Lightning faces?
I don't think there are any shortcuts for GM or any other manufacturer.
Tesla probably had the biggest headstart in the history of EV's and they haven't delivered #1 truck yet and it was dangled for the customer far earlier.

It really hasn't been long at all. But if you stare at your watch an hour seems to be way longer. :)

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
There will likely be news of a few EV alternatives to the Lightning before Lightning orders are fulfilled. But why would any future EVs of any kind be exempt of the same obstacles and timelines that the Lightning faces?
I don't think there are any shortcuts for GM or any other manufacturer.
Tesla probably had the biggest headstart in the history of EV's and they haven't delivered #1 truck yet and it was dangled for the customer far earlier.

It really hasn't been long at all. But if you stare at your watch an hour seems to be way longer. :)
Excellent case in point-- look at Rivian. How many years will it take to fill the orders they have already as trucks trickle out...
Sponsored