Sponsored

[Update] Finally got my air dam off!

Billlumberg1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 ram
About 1 year ago, A deer hit me! I was driving my Ram at the time and was headed home from the office, no cars in front of me or behind me and all of the sudden truck lurches to the right. I had no idea what just happened. Looked in my drivers side window, there is a doe on the road next to my truck. Open the door, damn thing hops up and runs away! Didn't even get the meat!

Had to pop out rear door, replace bed with Ram box, repaint door and new bed/ram box. Turned out to be about $15k. The damn plastic linear in the Ram Box was $1,300 alone.
Sponsored

Bobsputin

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did you use the 13 or 15 mm socket to pull that off? Sorry...this pic makes me sick .
I was a really bad driver in my younger days. Best friend in HS's family owned a body shop. I did my best to but by friend through college.

This sounds like his dad talking to me after we brought a vehicle in for repair. I did chuckle.

LedZepp81 - Heartbreaking, I know. Cool you can still can find some humor in it.

OP
OP

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
Did you send the deer to the butcher so at least you get some steaks?;)
Man, I tried to find her but couldn't. At least some steaks and jerky would make it better!

OP
OP

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
Sorry for your misfortune!! At least it is just the front area, plug in new parts and it should be good. Any damage to the front fenders?
Nope, not that I could tell. The doors still close like they normally do too.
The intercooler is all bent up, as well as the a/c condenser.
The thing that I was surprised by was that my air bags didn't deploy, I hit the deer going about 55 mph. This was my first accident so I'm not sure.

Sponsored

CJ912

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2017 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Warehouse consultant
So sorry to hear, funny title though. you are handling that like a champ!

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So sad. There is something about other people that seem to know when you have a new vehicle. They all try to run into it. Almost had an A$$ destroy my new Pacifica Limited in the first week I had it. Two stupid drivers made the attempt with my current 2019 XLT. Being in the top 1% of the best drivers out there, I avoided all attempts. Now the animals are working on us. Then again some of those drivers ARE animals.

OP
OP

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
So sad. There is something about other people that seem to know when you have a new vehicle. They all try to run into it. Almost had an A$$ destroy my new Pacifica Limited in the first week I had it. Two stupid drivers made the attempt with my current 2019 XLT. Being in the top 1% of the best drivers out there, I avoided all attempts. Now the animals are working on us. Then again some of those drivers ARE animals.
That's crazy, I'm glad you avoided them. Definitely need to be a defensive driver anymore. Seems no one ever pays attention, to busy playing on their phones!

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry for your misfortune!! At least it is just the front area, plug in new parts and it should be good. Any damage to the front fenders?
Almost looks like there will be paint damage on the fenders if you look at this area i pointed to in red. looks like the gap closed up.
Ford F-150 [Update] Finally got my air dam off! smash.PNG

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Almost looks like there will be paint damage on the fenders if you look at this area i pointed to in red. looks like the gap closed up.
smash.PNG
Well that sucks, if it is a small area in a seem maybe they can blend it since the paint is new. Make sure you check it out real well before you accept it.

Good luck

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Well, got it off but not sure I did it right. Something looks off?! :unsure:

3F41C12D-D906-4041-B214-65B486453C2C.jpeg

Sorry to see this, it hurts!! At least you seem in good spirits, though!

That is a rather elaborate way to get that air dam removed…

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Did the emergency auto brake even attempt to stop vehicle?

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
The way it was explained to us at the Ford Performance ST school, the Pre-Collision avoidance is ‘looking’ for vehicle shaped objects down the road. I don’t think a deer would trigger the system? They had a simulated rear of a car, with a cushion just in case. ? 20 drivers did it 3x each in a circuit. Accelerated to 20mph strait at the back of that car, both feet flat on the floor and 60/60 times it braked perfectly and stopped short of the balloon car.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
The way it was explained to us at the Ford Performance ST school, the Pre-Collision avoidance is ‘looking’ for vehicle shaped objects down the road. I don’t think a deer would trigger the system? They had a simulated rear of a car, with a cushion just in case. ? 20 drivers did it 3x each in a circuit. Accelerated to 20mph strait at the back of that car, both feet flat on the floor and 60/60 times it braked perfectly and stopped short of the balloon car.

I appreciate the information. good to know. I am awaiting my 21' SCREW now that is on order and just reading through the threads here has been a wealth of knowledge.

OP
OP

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
Sorry, I haven't been on much so I missed your question.
No it did not, it happened so fast it didn't have a chance to engage.
Sponsored