Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Many dealerships have 2024s listed on their website, but those are "in transit" vehicles that are not actually in transit at all. They are sitting where the retail orders are sitting. In a lot. Gathering dust. As far as I can tell, not one F-150 has been delivered in MY 2024.
Sponsored

SingleSpeed427

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM REBEL (every option)
These are the only ones I've seen... and the window stickers are incomplete:

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My hope, and this is just speculation, is that these higher trim models are being delayed partly so they can add the pro-access tailgates. By what I’ve read in this thread, job 2 model trucks are going to get them and those start production in a couple of weeks. So, I’d think that would mean they have the new tailgates already or will soon. My Platinum has been in build mode since Jan. 8th, so if they’re still building it I would think it would reason they could add the new tailgate over the next couple of weeks as the final piece. Also, I’d think it’d be weird that the most touted feature, the pro-access tailgate, wasn’t available on let’s say the first 20,000 F150s made, but then was available a month later for all of the rest of the higher trim models going forward. Again just my two cents.
The information that has been disseminated through Long Mcarthur Ford is that you will not get the pro access tailgate if you have been scheduled prior to the release of the Job 2 Order Guide, which is still not out. Scheduled - not built. Thus, even after the Job 2 Order Guide comes out, there were a lot of previously scheduled trucks that will be built as Job 1 trucks. The Job 2 Guide might be released as early as this week. Even so, trucks scheduled under Job 2 won't be built until late March at the earliest. All the trucks before that will be Job 1 trucks - none will have the tailgate. This is the reason why many of us froze our order prior to scheduling, so we would not be scheduled until after Job 2 opens.

I agree that it is dumb that that new tailgate was not on Job 1. Honestly, Ford should have just held it until 2025 if they couldn't include it with Job 1. That being said, I actually see a good deal of utility in this and do not want to miss it. So, I have put my order in the freezer. Check everyday if I can begin to defrost it.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
These are the only ones I've seen... and the window stickers are incomplete:

@fatBatman looks like no bed camera on the Lariat in the first video either, but I see it on this 702A Platinum in this video.

Ford F-150 Update: 2024 F-150 Job 1 Production Begins 12/18/23. Now Scheduling for Production Week 1/29/24. IMG_8318

Last edited:

Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They clearly haven't included the CHMSL bed camera in all of pre-production models for the auto show circuit, etc. However, the fact that some of them do have it would seem to imply that at least the high trims will get it on normally produced units, absent some posted constraint or delete, which I haven't seen yet.

I gotta admit, I have used the bed camera on many occasions. Well more than I thought I would. Wouldn't be a deal breaker to lose it, but I wouldn't be happy at all about not having it.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
@fatBatman looks like no bed camera on the Lariat in the first video either.
They clearly haven't included the CHMSL bed camera in all of pre-production models for the auto show circuit, etc. However, the fact that some of them do have it would seem to imply that at least the high trims will get it on normally produced units, absent some posted constraint or delete, which I haven't seen yet.

I gotta admit, I have used the bed camera on many occasions. Well more than I thought I would. Wouldn't be a deal breaker to lose it, but I wouldn't be happy at all about not having it.
Agreed, wouldn’t be a dealbreaker, and I imagine it’s not overly hard to add after the fact, but very useful.

I didn’t think much about it potentially being excluded until it got brought up here.

Order guide doesn’t even mention it one way or another.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
Separate and unrelated to the bed camera; they put "PLATINUM" on the tailgate. This is a 702A truck but doesn't say Platinum on the hood. From what I can tell, it only has it on the hood if its a 703A. Does anyone know for sure?
Having the "Pro-Access Tailgate" is probably why Ford got rid of the aluminum plate that when all the way across that used to say "Platinum" or "King Ranch". I actually prefer the smaller emblems. It looks cleaner.

Ford F-150 Update: 2024 F-150 Job 1 Production Begins 12/18/23. Now Scheduling for Production Week 1/29/24. 702A

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Separate and unrelated to the bed camera; they put "PLATINUM" on the tailgate. This is a 702A truck but doesn't say Platinum on the hood. From what I can tell, it only has it on the hood if its a 703A. Does anyone know for sure?
Having the "Pro-Access Tailgate" is probably why Ford got rid of the aluminum plate that when all the way across that used to say "Platinum" or "King Ranch". I actually prefer the smaller emblems. It looks cleaner.

702A.jpg
Yeah, they couldn't do the appliques anymore with the pro access tailgate. Platinum got replaced with the lettering over the tailgate controls. KR doesn't have that, but gets the same KR badge that used to accompany the non-chrome package KR (KRs only had the applique in the chrome package). I think that this is a good compromise.

To me, the Ford version of the multifunction "barn swing" tailgate looks much better than the Ram version. I can never get past the off-centered line on the Ram. Ford has symmetry with this version. I think it looks cleaner.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation

702A.jpg
Looks like Platinum on the hood is a 703A only according to the order guide.

I agree I like the styling of the tailgate with the new tailgate. Much prefer a few Platinum letters across the gate rather than the full chrome piece.

Not that I have any idea which tailgate I’m getting anyway, ha!

Ford F-150 Update: 2024 F-150 Job 1 Production Begins 12/18/23. Now Scheduling for Production Week 1/29/24. IMG_8319

Sponsored

forbizon

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
Looks like Platinum on the hood is a 703A only according to the order guide.

I agree I like the styling of the tailgate with the new tailgate. Much prefer a few Platinum letters across the gate rather than the full chrome piece.

Not that I have any idea which tailgate I’m getting anyway, ha!

IMG_8319.jpeg
My expectation is that they will move the "platinum" letters from the hood to the tailgate once job 2 with the multi function tailgate gets added.

isthatahemi

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 703a Mag Grey PB
Occupation
Owner
Really hoping my 703 doesn’t show up with a giant ‘23 style tailgate vagazzle…..
Also wish one could delete all the platinum stickers…

jmorange44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat PB BAP (Scheduled week of 6/17)
According to Long McArthur, tremor ordering opens Friday at 4:00 and job 2 scheduling starts next week. Should see job 2 order guide soon

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
Now the question is… do you bump your order code to 99 for a week to bump into job 2?

jmorange44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat PB BAP (Scheduled week of 6/17)
Now the question is… do you bump your order code to 99 for a week to bump into job 2?
I’ve decided to just leave it. At this point I want to get scheduled as I’m not too worried about the tailgate
Sponsored