First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 150 Platinum. 2022 Platinum 3.5 6 1/2
Occupation
Retired Foreman utility company
That is fine but it is not the official Ford information...this just came out on Friday...

And it even comes with it's own caveat...

1599307617655.png
I know we’re Anxious For our truck but I can’t see arguing with the Ford dealership on the production dates when I get information we don’t have
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
When did you place the order?
I ordered it on the 4 of Aug but Ford draws the orders into their system on Thursday, so they didn't get it till the 7th of Aug. My dealer had allocations so it went right into scheduling it seems. It has a low sequence number. 1FTFW1ED1MFA02062

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I ordered it on the 4 of Aug but Ford draws the orders into their system on Thursday, so they didn't get it till the 7th of Aug. My dealer had allocations so it went right into scheduling it seems. It has a low sequence number. 1FTFW1ED1MFA02062
Thanks for the response.
I placed my order a couple weeks later (08-26), so I'm trying to gauge an approximate time-frame based on yours. The wait has started to feel like a kid waiting for his new bike on Christmas. ;)

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
I just talked to the fleet manager for my order and he doesn't have a production date. I placed my order 8/5/20.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the response.
I placed my order a couple weeks later (08-26), so I'm trying to gauge an approximate time-frame based on yours. The wait has started to feel like a kid waiting for his new bike on Christmas. ;)
Exactly the way I am. I keep searching for info and tracking information, I want to know... Lol

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
So should we assume that we won’t see a truck on a lot until 2021?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
So should we assume that we won’t see a truck on a lot until 2021?
The ones for Dealerships should arrive in November late, but the retail (customer) builds will start in December it looks like...

Sponsored

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
Should I have a VIN by now? I placed my order with my dealer on 7/25 and it got submitted as soon as the order bank opened. I've seen a couple of people post as much as a month ago that they received their VIN. So just wondering. My dealer put in my order as well as a duplicate as a dealer order so I would get which ever gets built first.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Should I have a VIN by now? I placed my order with my dealer on 7/25 and it got submitted as soon as the order bank opened. I've seen a couple of people post as much as a month ago that they received their VIN. So just wondering
I don’t think any retail orders got vins yet. I wouldn’t be worried. I think only folks that are getting dealer stock got VINs.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Man, my dealer said he has an allocation of 50 f150s so it would surely get in this next round as he has mine as top priority, but I checked in and he said no f150s were scheduled last week and to keep fingers crossed for this week. Other people have their VINs by now! This is making me nervous but not enough to start the whole process again with new dealers... yet.

At this point I'm hoping to just see it alive in calendar year 2020!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Should I have a VIN by now? I placed my order with my dealer on 7/25 and it got submitted as soon as the order bank opened. I've seen a couple of people post as much as a month ago that they received their VIN. So just wondering. My dealer put in my order as well as a duplicate as a dealer order so I would get which ever gets built first.
The stock order should have a VIN by now for sure, as long as he had allocations.

Once they go Job1 things will change for retail orders, we just don't know when that will be. Last estimate I saw was 12 Nov and that date has been the same now for weeks, so maybe it will hold true and not be moved back any.

Remember, just because a dealer takes your order, that does not mean they have allocations. That holds true for stock and retail orders.

Then you have line items that are late availability, so if your order has one of those line items, it will be pushed back. Someone else will to chime in on if those vehicles with late availability still get VINs assigned for I just don't know.

Only stock orders will be built before Job1.

3 weeks we should start see some movement on retail VINs, as long as they have not already filled the ordering banks.

This is not gospel but just what I have learned and seen over the years of ordering Ford trucks.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
The stock order should have a VIN by now for sure, as long as he had allocations.

Once they go Job1 things will change for retail orders, we just don't know when that will be. Last estimate I saw was 12 Nov and that date has been the same now for weeks, so maybe it will hold true and not be moved back any.

Remember, just because a dealer takes your order, that does not mean they have allocations. That holds true for stock and retail orders.

Then you have line items that are late availability, so if your order has one of those line items, it will be pushed back. Someone else will to chime in on if those vehicles with late availability still get VINs assigned for I just don't know.

Only stock orders will be built before Job1.

3 weeks we should start see some movement on retail VINs, as long as they have not already filled the ordering banks.

This is not gospel but just what I have learned and seen over the years of ordering Ford trucks.
My understanding is not just job1 but Okay to Buy must be achieved to schedule retail orders.How long that takes, I am not sure. A few hundred trucks is what I have heard, which could be a days work easy.

Anyone have insight to this?
Sponsored