• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello everyone!

Mark your calendars – Ford is doing a livestream on January 18th at 9 pm EST – covering Productivity features, how-to and walk-arounds to get you better acquainted with the all-new F-150 Lightning. Jasen Turnbull from Ford will also be on-air to provide vehicle and ordering information. And you get to ask questions via chat… specifically addressing your needs!

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/2022/ford/f150-lightning/discover-your-ford/livestream/
Sponsored

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Tell Jasen to have a good answer ready for why you have to get a $10,000 option package to get an ER battery in XLT trim. You're going to get that question a few hundred times.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I'd like clarification on why adding the Tow Technology Package to a Pro removes Co-Pilot360. Hopefully this is just an error in the B&P?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I'd like clarification on why adding the Tow Technology Package to a Pro removes Co-Pilot360. Hopefully this is just an error in the B&P?
This is just an annoying aspect of ford's configuration tool. It doesn't remove it as it's built in on all trims.

It's less of an error and more of just poor setup in their configuration tool.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Why were dealers allowed to prioritize and override reservation time stamps? Will there be another round of prioritizations for all the 2022 reservations that will be filled with MY 23 trucks?

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Why were dealers allowed to prioritize and override reservation time stamps? Will there be another round of prioritizations for all the 2022 reservations that will be filled with MY 23 trucks?
Very frustrating that early timestamps were allowed to be superseded by dealerships, it's one of the downfalls of a legacy system. Modern customers want and are used to more clarity and visibility in general, whether it be vehicles, real estate or a pair of workboots an internet search quickly finds the true market value and customer experience. Hopefully Ford and others see the writing on the wall and change their corporate mindset to compete in today's marketplace. Ford is off to a pretty good start overall IMO.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Very frustrating that early timestamps were allowed to be superseded by dealerships, it's one of the downfalls of a legacy system. Modern customers want and are used to more clarity and visibility in general, whether it be vehicles, real estate or a pair of workboots an internet search quickly finds the true market value and customer experience. Hopefully Ford and others see the writing on the wall and change their corporate mindset to compete in today's marketplace. Ford is off to a pretty good start overall IMO.
And, to answer my second question, the order playbook actually states that unfilled MY22 reservations will “continue to receive invitations to convert *in reservation timing order* when MY23 ordering opens in summer 22.” That should mean no more line skipping. Good enough for me, hope they stick with it.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The one question I want answered is if Ford is planning on providing OTA updates to unlock more of the battery packs once they have collected more data or will they do the same thing as they did with the Mach-E. This will probably make me decide between going EV or just upgrading my current ICE to a PB.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
@Ford Motor Company I have a couple of questions that I would love to have answered.

1) Could we get an answer about the regular tow capacity of the Lightning compared to the Max Tow package? At first I was like "I need Max Tow" but the more I think about it if the standard tow capacity is 5,000 to 8,000 pounds then Max tow is probably not needed.

2) I am looking for a chart or recommendation on the viability of a SR battery compared to an ER battery. I would think that Ford has something like this that may help customers decide between SR vs ER. Example data input would be:
- Daily usage: E.g. Casual use; Light commuting (75 miles or less); Heavy daily usage 75 to 200 miles daily
- Extended trip frequency: E.G. Trips of 300 to 700 miles one way and how often: A few per year, Once a month, Several times a month.
- Expected towing demands: E.G. No towing, Light towing (up to 3000 pounds), Medium towing (up to 6000 pounds) and Heavy towing.
- Recharging habits:
- Expected battery degradation over a 10 year period with the above inputs.

As an example, I am thinking my Lightning use will be on the casual side so even though I have range anxiety about the SR option, I am thinking that the SR may make more long term sense with overall battery degradation compared to getting an ER battery and not using it as fully.

The ER battery is attractive for 250 mile trips to avoid mid trip re-charging but for $30,000+ dollars for the ER option I could make a few more re-charging stops.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
@Ford Motor Company I have a couple of questions that I would love to have answered.

1) Could we get an answer about the regular tow capacity of the Lightning compared to the Max Tow package? At first I was like "I need Max Tow" but the more I think about it if the standard tow capacity is 5,000 to 8,000 pounds then Max tow is probably not needed.

2) I am looking for a chart or recommendation on the viability of a SR battery compared to an ER battery. I would think that Ford has something like this that may help customers decide between SR vs ER. Example data input would be:
- Daily usage: E.g. Casual use; Light commuting (75 miles or less); Heavy daily usage 75 to 200 miles daily
- Extended trip frequency: E.G. Trips of 300 to 700 miles one way and how often: A few per year, Once a month, Several times a month.
- Expected towing demands: E.G. No towing, Light towing (up to 3000 pounds), Medium towing (up to 6000 pounds) and Heavy towing.
- Recharging habits:
- Expected battery degradation over a 10 year period with the above inputs.

As an example, I am thinking my Lightning use will be on the casual side so even though I have range anxiety about the SR option, I am thinking that the SR may make more long term sense with overall battery degradation compared to getting an ER battery and not using it as fully.

The ER battery is attractive for 250 mile trips to avoid mid trip re-charging but for $30,000+ dollars for the ER option I could make a few more re-charging stops.
They have said the towing already
Standard range: 5000lbs (or 7700lbs with max tow)
Extended range: 7700lbs (or 10000lbs with max tow)
Platinum: 8600lbs

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
They have said the towing already
Standard range: 5000lbs (or 7700lbs with max tow)
Extended range: 7700lbs (or 10000lbs with max tow)
Platinum: 8600lbs
Thanks for the info. I have been quizzing my dealer for a week and a half trying to get that answer.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Nothing that we didn't already know here again.
Sponsored