• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Watching livestream for the first time. Some useful info on onboard scales and that available zone lightning feature…
Sponsored

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Mentioned cooling systems for motors and batteries. 2 separate systems. I have a ‘16 limited super duty and 20 limited super duty both diesels and those both also have 2 separate cooling systems with about 50 quarts of chemistry 101 that takes place every 15000 miles. One of the many reasons I’m all in on the electric future. Anyone have a clue as to the size of the lightening cooling systems, are they sealed, will I have to keep my test kits, how / where do you check…?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mentioned cooling systems for motors and batteries. 2 separate systems. I have a ‘16 limited super duty and 20 limited super duty both diesels and those both also have 2 separate cooling systems with about 50 quarts of chemistry 101 that takes place every 15000 miles. One of the many reasons I’m all in on the electric future. Anyone have a clue as to the size of the lightening cooling systems, are they sealed, will I have to keep my test kits, how / where do you check…?
The Mach-e had a once a year check of the coolant and replacement at 200,000 miles.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
The Mach-e had a once a year check of the coolant and replacement at 200,000 miles.
Similar to super duty but complete dump of both cooling systems at 105k miles if I remember correctly. That’s 16 plus gallons!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Replace at 200000 miles? That’s, um, very reasonable. ?
Yup - much smaller than you are used to as well. 2 systems - ~10 quarts for the HVB (ER models) and ~7 quarts for the motors / electronics (AWD models)

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
That was a typical waste of time. I dont care what the popular colors or trim are. They talk about all the outlets but dont say how many amps, I take it 240v is 30a, and hope 120v is 20a. I will stick with ICE until they are gone.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Did they respond to any questions surrounding the limitation of ordering an XLT+ER?
Nope. At least in the chat questions made public. I asked two questions that were answered privately and did not show up in the public chat.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Here are the public questions and answers from the livestream (leaving out the MY22 production fiasco, see other thread):

FordUser: What are the dimensions. Wheelbase, overall length, width etc.
⮑Moderator: SuperCrew – Length - 232.7” / Track Width — Front/Rear – 68.1”/68.3” / Cab Height (Empty) 78.3”

FordUser: Does the Pro trim with tow technology package come with side mirror turn signals ?
⮑Moderator: Yes Lightning Pro Trim when equipped with the tow technology package with come side mirror turn signals

FordUser: Are there any improvement for the battery’s planned
⮑Moderator: Ford will continually look for ways to improve battery performance.

FordUser: I really don’t want a panoramic roof. Can I get one without that in an XL or Lariat
⮑Moderator: So the series are PRO, XLT, LARIAT and Platinum Moonroof comes in on the LARIAT High series. So you can get one without on PRO and the 510A series on LARIAT.

FordUser: sill the live streams be recorded to watch whenever
⮑Moderator: They won't be available for replay.

FordUser: Also I like the silver rims. Not keen on the black. Will we have a choice in the rims?
⮑Moderator: The rims are specific to each trim. Platinum is currently the only trim to offer the bright machined wheels

FordUser: Is bed same dimensions as standard F150?
⮑Moderator: Bed length (tailgate closed) – 66.5” / Width Between Wheelhouses – 50.6” / Max. Load Width – 60.3”

FordUser: What adjustments on on the base XLT passenger seat? I am not sure what the knob shown in the pics does.
⮑Moderator: The passenger seat is two way (forward and back) manual adjustment.
[Note, didn't answer knob question, I thinks it's lumbar]

FordUser: Regenerative braking?
⮑Moderator: Yes, the Ford F-150 Lightning does have Regenerative Braking.

FordUser: Question regarding the "HOOD" for the Frunk - Is there a switch on the exterior of the hood so that you do not need the key fob if you are outside of the truck - just like you have with trunk lids and lift gates?
⮑Moderator: Unfortunately there is isn't. You'll have to press the instrument panel button from inside or using the touchscreen. Also by using the SecuriCode keypad or key Fob.

FordUser: Can you use power strips plugged into the outlets?
⮑Moderator: A power strip will plug into the outlets. Keep in mind that each of the 120 Volt outlets is limited to 20amp output. Any overload would trigger the on-board circuit breaker

FordUser: Will the work surface be an option on the Pro trim?
⮑Moderator: As of now Interior work surface is not available on Pro trim models. It's standard on XLT, LARIAT and Platinum.

FordUser: Does Max Tow include anti-sway or extra stabilizer bars?
⮑Moderator: it does not.

FordUser: When longer range battery's become available will the 2022 Lightening be upgradeable?
⮑Moderator: The standard range battery is not upgradeable to the long-range battery.

FordUser: Does the F150 have 1 pedal driving?
⮑Moderator: Yes - and you can turn it off in the drive mode screens

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Here are the public questions and answers from the livestream (leaving out the MY22 production fiasco, see other thread):

FordUser: What are the dimensions. Wheelbase, overall length, width etc.
⮑Moderator: SuperCrew – Length - 232.7” / Track Width — Front/Rear – 68.1”/68.3” / Cab Height (Empty) 78.3”

FordUser: Does the Pro trim with tow technology package come with side mirror turn signals ?
⮑Moderator: Yes Lightning Pro Trim when equipped with the tow technology package with come side mirror turn signals

FordUser: Are there any improvement for the battery’s planned
⮑Moderator: Ford will continually look for ways to improve battery performance.

FordUser: I really don’t want a panoramic roof. Can I get one without that in an XL or Lariat
⮑Moderator: So the series are PRO, XLT, LARIAT and Platinum Moonroof comes in on the LARIAT High series. So you can get one without on PRO and the 510A series on LARIAT.

FordUser: sill the live streams be recorded to watch whenever
⮑Moderator: They won't be available for replay.

FordUser: Also I like the silver rims. Not keen on the black. Will we have a choice in the rims?
⮑Moderator: The rims are specific to each trim. Platinum is currently the only trim to offer the bright machined wheels

FordUser: Is bed same dimensions as standard F150?
⮑Moderator: Bed length (tailgate closed) – 66.5” / Width Between Wheelhouses – 50.6” / Max. Load Width – 60.3”

FordUser: What adjustments on on the base XLT passenger seat? I am not sure what the knob shown in the pics does.
⮑Moderator: The passenger seat is two way (forward and back) manual adjustment.
[Note, didn't answer knob question, I thinks it's lumbar]

FordUser: Regenerative braking?
⮑Moderator: Yes, the Ford F-150 Lightning does have Regenerative Braking.

FordUser: Question regarding the "HOOD" for the Frunk - Is there a switch on the exterior of the hood so that you do not need the key fob if you are outside of the truck - just like you have with trunk lids and lift gates?
⮑Moderator: Unfortunately there is isn't. You'll have to press the instrument panel button from inside or using the touchscreen. Also by using the SecuriCode keypad or key Fob.

FordUser: Can you use power strips plugged into the outlets?
⮑Moderator: A power strip will plug into the outlets. Keep in mind that each of the 120 Volt outlets is limited to 20amp output. Any overload would trigger the on-board circuit breaker

FordUser: Will the work surface be an option on the Pro trim?
⮑Moderator: As of now Interior work surface is not available on Pro trim models. It's standard on XLT, LARIAT and Platinum.

FordUser: Does Max Tow include anti-sway or extra stabilizer bars?
⮑Moderator: it does not.

FordUser: When longer range battery's become available will the 2022 Lightening be upgradeable?
⮑Moderator: The standard range battery is not upgradeable to the long-range battery.

FordUser: Does the F150 have 1 pedal driving?
⮑Moderator: Yes - and you can turn it off in the drive mode screens
I missed the live stream, so thank you for posting this, I’m up to date now!

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro

Anyone else see Erroll push a button on the frunk to open it. Maybe I dreamed that.

Edit: Found a video, six ways to open, one of which is a button on the grill area:

Last edited:

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Anybody have a link to the livestream video that was shown... I follow the link at the front of the thread and it does not bring me to the video... I could not imagine that they would do the live stream and then not post the video for those that were cooking dinner at that time...

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
FYI - the stream recording was posted online today by DriveElectric Columbus:

Sponsored