First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Searching for existing trucks at dealers in a 250 mile radius now. Thought I found one in the next town but dealer took a deposit over the phone while I was en route to give my deposit. What a joke. Anyway—unless there is a miracle tomorrow, I’ll be hitting the road to find my Platinum with massaging seats!!!! 🤣
Ive been looking at 500 mi radius. Nothing close to what i have on order
Sponsored

Derrick36

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Retired
Ordered 3/25

XLT
Powerboost
4x4
Atlas Blue
5.5 Box
Sport
BAP
302A
Assist 2.0
Retractable tonneau
Trailer Tow Package
Tow mirrors
Leather
Moonroof
Pro Power 7.2
Rear sliding window
Fold out work surface thingy
B/O sound

I think that’s it

Last edited:

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Searching for existing trucks at dealers in a 250 mile radius now. Thought I found one in the next town but dealer took a deposit over the phone while I was en route to give my deposit. What a joke. Anyway—unless there is a miracle tomorrow, I’ll be hitting the road to find my Platinum with massaging seats!!!! 🤣
This is pretty much what I did. About a week or so went by after I placed my order in April that I realized I would probably receive a truck with even less options than what I signed off on when I placed the order, or I'd probably be stuck in delay hell for many months. Luckily I found a similar build just 75 miles away that someone end up not buying so it was available. It was in a different color than I ordered and had a retractable bed cover that I've already replaced, but the dealership didn't mark it up and sold it for the same price as the window sticker. I think I paid about $1k more compared to my original order but the truck I bought probably had $3k+ more in options, including options I couldn't include on my order

Keep an eye on trucks coming in to dealers, maybe you'll find one that someone didn't want and are able to scoop it up.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Same. I've debated it, but there's no way I'm paying almost 70k for a truck that's full of compromises...

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
I'm sorry to rain on your good news. I'm glad you're getting most of what you ordered! I'm just grumpy cause I am likely going to cancel my order because its just a platinum badged lariat at this point.
Not sure what you mean. I have a 601a on order that has the same equipment as your platinum or more. I'm not getting anything in my truck if Ford forces delete and thus I will be cancelling.

Sponsored

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
This is pretty much what I did. About a week or so went by after I placed my order in April that I realized I would probably receive a truck with even less options than what I signed off on when I placed the order, or I'd probably be stuck in delay hell for many months. Luckily I found a similar build just 75 miles away that someone end up not buying so it was available. It was in a different color than I ordered and had a retractable bed cover that I've already replaced, but the dealership didn't mark it up and sold it for the same price as the window sticker. I think I paid about $1k more compared to my original order but the truck I bought probably had $3k+ more in options, including options I couldn't include on my order

Keep an eye on trucks coming in to dealers, maybe you'll find one that someone didn't want and are able to scoop it up.
Wow, a dealer who didn't mark it up?? That's sadly impressive.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Not sure what you mean. I have a 601a on order that has the same equipment as your platinum or more. I'm not getting anything in my truck if Ford forces delete and thus I will be cancelling.
I responded thinking you were the poster that has your truck selected.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
Another Thursday passes by folowed by the too familiar Friday morning of dissapointment......

I feel like I'm going through the (who knows how many) stages of the special order process greif.

Phase 1: Patience. They warned me it would be 14-20 weeks to delivery. Not bothering my dealer much yet.

Phase 2: Alternating Optomism and Irritation. We're past the 8-10 week mark that I was told to expect a VIN. It's gonna happen this week! Crap! Every once and a while touch in with the dealer and FORD chat.

Phase 3: Pure Irritation. This process is BS! Time to start hassling the dealer and FORD chat more now. We're almost to the short end of the anticipated delivery time and no sign of scheduling yet.

Phase 4: Resignation and Ire. It's never gonna get scheduled, but I check with chat now religiously evry Friday anyway knowing what the crappy answer will be. 15 Weeks in and no hope of VIN yet.

Ready for a new phase! I don't know how those in the 12+ month club made it that long into the process?

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Another Thursday passes by folowed by the too familiar Friday morning of dissapointment......

I feel like I'm going through the (who knows how many) stages of the special order process greif.

Phase 1: Patience. They warned me it would be 14-20 weeks to delivery. Not bothering my dealer much yet.

Phase 2: Alternating Optomism and Irritation. We're past the 8-10 week mark that I was told to expect a VIN. It's gonna happen this week! Crap! Every once and a while touch in with the dealer and FORD chat.

Phase 3: Pure Irritation. This process is BS! Time to start hassling the dealer and FORD chat more now. We're almost to the short end of the anticipated delivery time and no sign of scheduling yet.

Phase 4: Resignation and Ire. It's never gonna get scheduled, but I check with chat now religiously evry Friday anyway knowing what the crappy answer will be. 15 Weeks in and no hope of VIN yet.

Ready for a new phase! I don't know how those in the 12+ month club made it that long into the process?
Love your stages. I'm still in stage 1 I think (3/5 order).

I ordered a PB Lariat in Smoked Quartz as well, 145" wheelbase though - lots of other options are very similar. I was told by Sales Manager that the colour was one of the reasons I didn't get picked up for scheduling yet. I'm hoping they run a Smoke Quartz batch soon!

Sponsored

NUCASL

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R R 2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4 ordered 1/28

I’m with you, ordered on 1/28, loaded Rapid Red Platinum PB, 145 WB, no VIN today. After spending hours looking for on hand similar vehicles, I can’t stomach the $5-8K over MSRP mark ups. I’m going into black out mode. I‘ll be pleasantly surprised someday when Ford decides to build my truck. Stripers are getting here now, so time to go fishing and stop obsessing about not having my truck. Good luck to us all!

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
I’m with you, ordered on 1/28, loaded Rapid Red Platinum PB, 145 WB, no VIN today. After spending hours looking for on hand similar vehicles, I can’t stomach the $5-8K over MSRP mark ups. I’m going into black out mode. I‘ll be pleasantly surprised someday when Ford decides to build my truck. Stripers are getting here now, so time to go fishing and stop obsessing about not having my truck. Good luck to us all!
I'm not in the January club, but I am in the loaded platinum crew. I considered dumping my order after the last round of forced deletes, but after reviewing the current increases, plus knowing I'd be giving up 0% for 60 months, I'm gonna stick it out. With the price difference between what I've currently got locked in and the likely interest I'd end up paying, I could buy new entirely new seats and have them put in, or replace a module, or whatever I want. I'll be keeping my place in line for now!

Nitemair

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 pending ,2010f150 1976,1966,1962,1952f10
Occupation
Us post office
I have gone from the color to chip shortage, to bed length, chrome package to now snow plow prep for the reasons why my truck has not been built. My dealer calls my truck a unicorn because they say no one would order a truck like it and as of 4 weeks ago they ate now saying that they do not believe ford will ever build my truck. So much for ordering at vehicle your way.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
If they didn't want to build it they shouldn't have taking the order. I have a $75K truck on order and after the last forced delete I don't even know what the seats look like! I get supply constraints, but how about a little communication. First time I have ever ordered a vehicle so I could get it my way. What a joke.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I'm not in the January club, but I am in the loaded platinum crew. I considered dumping my order after the last round of forced deletes, but after reviewing the current increases, plus knowing I'd be giving up 0% for 60 months, I'm gonna stick it out. With the price difference between what I've currently got locked in and the likely interest I'd end up paying, I could buy new entirely new seats and have them put in, or replace a module, or whatever I want. I'll be keeping my place in line for now!
I'm considering the same. Hope I can find the correct seats down the road and install them in my KR.

After it comes in.

After it gets built.

After I get a VIN....
Sponsored