Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
I have 4.0.22012, so I guess I need to continue to wait for something higher before I can proceed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
The 21s and 22s have had mismatched numbers up until the latest update everyone is waiting for because they are technically different hardware.

You can't compare them prior to 22228 aka The Convergence.
Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 1666126684306

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I have 4.0.22012, so I guess I need to continue to wait for something higher before I can proceed?
That's what basically every 2022 shipped with, and hasn't needed an update since. All the 21s have been getting updates to come up to the feature set in this MY22 Sync version 22012.

You're waiting on OTA 3.5.2 as the "prep" update with really no external changes, and then OTA 3.5.3 update for the new Sync version 22228. You can also do that with FDRS.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
You're waiting on OTA 3.5.2 as the "prep" update with really no external changes, and then OTA 3.5.3 update for the new Sync version 22228. You can also do that with FDRS.
I already got 3.5.2 about a month ago. but nothing since.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
i found a pic on my phone with climate on the lower bar from saturday

unreal climate.jpg
I have to ask how did you get to this screen? I just added the “Climate Control at Bottom of Screen” and the “Unreal Sync Theme” changes and still figuring out how to get to this screen with the climate control on the bottom bar?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
What will be interesting is if I leave all the settings in place and I finally do get everything updated... what are the odds that I get in my truck and WHAMMO! It's showing all the cool new stuff. :cool:

I would think that an update of that size would include an APIM reset or two. :)

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I must be special. If it starts and runs goes from point "a" to point "b" I'm happy!

Is the 8 inch way different than the 12 inch or something? I've had the little house in the upper left since I got it I believe.

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
@Snakebitten

My understanding there is a way to manually update to the 3.5.3? I'm on 3.5.2, 22' PB Lariat. Can you point me in the right direction if there is a forum explaining how? I've got OBDlink/forscan etc.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Snakebitten

My understanding there is a way to manually update to the 3.5.3? I'm on 3.5.2, 22' PB Lariat. Can you point me in the right direction if there is a forum explaining how? I've got OBDlink/forscan etc.
You need FDRS to manually update your APIM; FORScan/OBDLink will not let you update your modules. Below is the link for everything you need to better understand on how to update modules. Keep in mind, you need another dongle which is pricey so this is not for everyone.

-> FDRS

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So let’s see if anyone has this issue and what to do to fix it.

Below is my work 21 XLT (SYNC 4 version: 22192) that has been changed for unreal theme. Apparently this is the wrong look, the correct one is the 2nd picture below the first.

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 1973C785-032E-4AB5-8900-4D4BDAC6FD69

This second picture is from my good buddy Lawrence from Boosted Grey Goose Designs and well by now everyone knows that company. Anyways, his is updated to the new sync unreal theme like mine but the proper way and the way it’s supposed to be, see below (his is one version behind me I believe: SYNC 4 version: 22082):

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 4522AB8F-AD62-45AE-947D-03FB8961A8A2

Has anyone had the same issue as me and isn’t getting the proper real engine theme like the second picture, still stuck on the first? If so, what’s the proper way to fix this to get this?

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@Nightshade
You have unreal engine enabled. You do not have the wrong look or improperly done. The only difference is that he has the climate bar enabled. Once you enable the climate bar, It changes the layout to what he has. Looks nice but its honestly a waste of screen to have all of the hvac controls and a big box for your phone and a big box for audio. If you use your phone for audio it really just waste the entire screen.

Last edited:

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Nightshade
You have unreal engine enabled. You do not have the wrong look or improperly done. The only difference is that he has the climate bar enabled. Once you enable the climate bar, It changes the layout to what he has. Looks nice but its honestly a waste of screen to have all of the hvac controls and a big box for your phone and a big box for audio. If you use your phone for audio it really just waste the entire screen.
Thank you for this! For a moment there I thought I missed a digit or something somewhere.

—Question; he recommends to enable all options from like 52-56 on the FORScan spreadsheet (main) like he did, would doing this enable what he has to achieve the same look as his; just a thought?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Thank you for this! For a moment there I thought I missed a digit or something somewhere.

—Question; he recommends to enable all options from like 52-56 on the FORScan spreadsheet (main) like he did, would doing this enable what he has to achieve the same look as his; just a thought?
@Nightshade what do you currently have at 7d0-02-02

Meakame

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Sales
So let’s see if anyone has this issue and what to do to fix it.

Below is my work 21 XLT (SYNC 4 version: 22192) that has been changed for unreal theme. Apparently this is the wrong look, the correct one is the 2nd picture below the first.

1973C785-032E-4AB5-8900-4D4BDAC6FD69.jpeg

This second picture is from my good buddy Lawrence from Boosted Grey Goose Designs and well by now everyone knows that company. Anyways, his is updated to the new sync unreal theme like mine but the proper way and the way it’s supposed to be, see below (his is one version behind me I believe: SYNC 4 version: 22082):

4522AB8F-AD62-45AE-947D-03FB8961A8A2.jpeg

Has anyone had the same issue as me and isn’t getting the proper real engine theme like the second picture, still stuck on the first? If so, what’s the proper way to fix this to get this?
So I ended up having to go back in after I did the updates and turned on the unreal theme. To get the climate bar at the bottom make sure you have 7D0-02-02 set to the right value for your truck. I did both the unreal and climate at the same time and didn’t bother to check when the climate bar wasn’t at the bottom. I had to go back in and change that to get it on the bottom and get the different Home Screen like you are looking for.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation