First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I have the 3.5L EB SC with the 5.5 bed, and went with the BAK X4s roll up as opposed to the Retrax because of the semi permanent forfeiture of all that realestate in the bed. Putting my son's 250 motorcycle in there would be trouble. I also have the 2kw power so don't have the luxury of any real storage under the rear seat. So I desperately need a storage solution. Thinking about this solution because it can fit under cover and doesn't use up any of the length of my short bed. Any reviews or other ideas out there? Thx in advance!
Ford F-150 UnderCover Swing Case Storage System Screenshot_20210627-085139_Chrome
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Although I don’t have my truck yet, I did purchase the undercover swing case for the passenger side. The plastic is much sturdier than I anticipated, and honestly seems to be really well built.

OP
OP
JohngaltinOC

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Although I don’t have my truck yet, I did purchase the undercover swing case for the passenger side. The plastic is much sturdier than I anticipated, and honestly seems to be really well built.
Thank you, that helps. I imagine the week point would be the torsion where the mount attaches to the plastic box. It said something about 75# capacity so I thought that sounded pretty substantial. Would you mind sharing your observations on that? How's that hinge and where it attaches to box look? Solid or Mickey Mouse? It's not a cheap purchase, but worth it if it's quality. Thx again!

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Personally, I only plan on putting a hitch, cables, tow strap and a few ratchet straps in it. So I was fairly confident I wouldn’t come close to 75 lbs.

The hinge/mount on the swing case has plate that spans the width of the case (on the inside)so it is as evenly distributed on the case as it can be, although I would have preferred to have seen it “double sandwiched”. (Picture)

The mount/hinge that attaches to the truck side is appx. 18 inches from top to bottom. So I believe it will provide good weight distribution onto the truck side mount.

the eyelets for the hinges are not entirely closed so ultimately I believe they are the weakest part of the system. Depending on how much they flex when I eventually put weight in the case, I may put a small tack weld on them. (Picture)

Ford F-150 UnderCover Swing Case Storage System 9ACACA8A-861E-46A7-8CCC-09D9FEABE293

Ford F-150 UnderCover Swing Case Storage System A6FC90BA-4176-4D9F-9269-21C6FAB56B81

OP
OP
JohngaltinOC

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Personally, I only plan on putting a hitch, cables, tow strap and a few ratchet straps in it. So I was fairly confident I wouldn’t come close to 75 lbs.

The hinge/mount on the swing case has plate that spans the width of the case (on the inside)so it is as evenly distributed on the case as it can be, although I would have preferred to have seen it “double sandwiched”. (Picture)

The mount/hinge that attaches to the truck side is appx. 18 inches from top to bottom. So I believe it will provide good weight distribution onto the truck side mount.

the eyelets for the hinges are not entirely closed so ultimately I believe they are the weakest part of the system. Depending on how much they flex when I eventually put weight in the case, I may put a small tack weld on them. (Picture)

9ACACA8A-861E-46A7-8CCC-09D9FEABE293.jpeg

A6FC90BA-4176-4D9F-9269-21C6FAB56B81.jpeg
I see what you mean. Great details! Hope you get your truck soon!

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I have the passenger side version. They are okay. This is my thrid one, have had them for 15 years. Hinge side is weak, they will pull out, so the lock isn’t secure. But they work fine to store hitch stuff, gloves, tools. I do have the Retrax XR, best cover out there, does not interfere with motorcycle loading at all. Doesn’t take up as much space as folks think, provides full access to the floor. I use a power loading motorcycle system that bolts to the bed, removes when not in use.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I have one. I get the passenger side one so I can reach my bed light switch. Works good for all the crap you typically leave loose in your truck bed but can't handle more than a couple hitches, some straps and little other odds and ends.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have had this one on my last 3 trucks and it fit everyone of them to the 2021. Getting my money's worth for sure, I really like it. I like how it sits in mostly unused bed space and no drilling installation.

Ford F-150 UnderCover Swing Case Storage System 1624947040077

Ford F-150 UnderCover Swing Case Storage System 1624947089287

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohngaltinOC

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I have the passenger side version. They are okay. This is my thrid one, have had them for 15 years. Hinge side is weak, they will pull out, so the lock isn’t secure. But they work fine to store hitch stuff, gloves, tools. I do have the Retrax XR, best cover out there, does not interfere with motorcycle loading at all. Doesn’t take up as much space as folks think, provides full access to the floor. I use a power loading motorcycle system that bolts to the bed, removes when not in use.
I would love to check out the motorcycle loading system you're using as well. I ain't getting any younger! Lol thanks for other feedback too! I did wind up ordering the storage, thanks to all of you for contributing to my research on it. Hope it's here by the weekend. Happy 4th!

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
I have one. I get the passenger side one so I can reach my bed light switch. Works good for all the crap you typically leave loose in your truck bed but can't handle more than a couple hitches, some straps and little other odds and ends.
wait… there is a bed light switch?

jrhoops

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 SCREW, 35L-PB
Occupation
IT
I have both driver and passenger, store ratchets, a toolbox, other misc items. They pop off the hinge posts pretty easily for access to the light switch and power outlet but I still try to keep the lighter items in the driver's side box. Overall I am pleased with them they are just a tad overpriced for the name brand version. I would buy them again. Chatted in with the online retailer to discuss them and they gave me 15% off the pair

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
Def great products, although ive never "lived" with a set, i have installed many and received many great reviews for them.
Sponsored