Sponsored

Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment?

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was looking at a YouTube video for the previous gen and it seems to fit very similar, the front seal did not go over the front bulkhead (although it looked further) and the rear seal was similar on the tailgate. What I'm most concerned about is how can this corner not leak water!?
Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 05002043-8CAB-4FC8-9E63-43BCEC895C38

I really like the cover and I live in the desert so I'll probably keep it and add some more sealing to help with where it does leak.
Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I went ahead and ordered it due to the great look and features. Seems like several have no fit issues. Bought thru the discount lead at Truck Alterations.

Dantracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
I had a chat with Undercover on their website and asked if it's the same cover used on previous gen. They said it's the same cover with different rails. I mentioned that some owners are experiencing poor fitment and they kind of just ignored my comment. Really love the concept but will probably go with a different cover now.

chaser

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I put my gen13 undercover armor flex on my gen14. It looks exactly like your pictures. I’m not sure what they changed with the new part numbers. My experience with the Undercover customer service has been relatively poor. The cover works, but it had issues from the factory with parts sliding out. They acknowledged it wasn’t built properly, but their warranty response was to tell me how to make modifications to correct the problem. Long story short, I wouldn‘t be surprised if they are selling a product that doesn‘t work as described or selling a new part number with unneeded changes for the gen14s just to up the cost.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
I had an armor flex on the 21 truck I just swapped with Ford due to a lemon situation.. I too thought it was a little too short and would have been much better off if it was a couple inches longer front to back... I did play around and rinse off my cover once and didn't really notice any water intrusion issues.. Here I am to chose another cover for the 21 they swapped out.. I liked the look of the Armor Flex, but is there a better option??

Sponsored

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I had an armor flex on the 21 truck I just swapped with Ford due to a lemon situation.. I too thought it was a little too short and would have been much better off if it was a couple inches longer front to back... I did play around and rinse off my cover once and didn't really notice any water intrusion issues.. Here I am to chose another cover for the 21 they swapped out.. I liked the look of the Armor Flex, but is there a better option??
I'd like to see some pics of the Bak MX4 fitment on the 21. That way we can compare.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'd like to see some pics of the Bak MX4 fitment on the 21. That way we can compare.
There was a guy that just posted his Mx4 on FB a little bit ago.. Asked for pictures of bulkhead and tailgate.. Didn't really look that much better to me..

Deleted member 2919

Why yes, Renegade bed cover.
https://renegadecovers.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP

SnyderJ21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
So now that it is finally a little warmer out here in Iowa, I spent some time outside adjusting this cover. The biggest tip I can give anyone who is looking to install this would be to make sure your bulkhead seal is as far to the rear as possible. My initial struggle stemmed from the instructions being a little too vague and my assumption that the cover would be long enough to cover a majority of the bulkhead. I tore that seal off and reinstalled in this manner, making sure that the end butts up snuggly to the bed cap protector. In doing this I could move the cover back far enough to engage about two of the rear seal fins, as the customer service rep stated. After repositioning I wanted to run it through the wash and see how this would do. I think the rear corners are obviously never going to be water tight as it is (especially in a high pressure wash). So I shoved a rag in that corner to see how the two corners may vary in the amount of water penetration if I tried to "seal" it with a tailgate seal or some other type of weatherproofing foam. From the wash I think it showed that the corners are the most vulnerable to penetration, but I believe it will be nearly 100% water proof in a normal rain or when going down the highway. I'm bummed they didn't make it as long as they should have, but I do like the cover enough to keep it. It looks really nice on the truck and is easy to use.
Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_134145

Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_134205

Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_133641
Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_134308
Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_134247

Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_135940

Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_140111
Ford F-150 Undercover Armor Flex poor fitment? 20210411_135944

Deleted member 2919

Certainly very nice looking. It's not very low profile. Expensive though, but if I wanted to load things on top it would be worth it. How does it stow if you want to use most the bed, does it fold against the cab? How easy it is to remove?
Low profile and water proof are generally speaking incompatible.

16 seconds to remove

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
So now that it is finally a little warmer out here in Iowa, I spent some time outside adjusting this cover. The biggest tip I can give anyone who is looking to install this would be to make sure your bulkhead seal is as far to the rear as possible. My initial struggle stemmed from the instructions being a little too vague and my assumption that the cover would be long enough to cover a majority of the bulkhead. I tore that seal off and reinstalled in this manner, making sure that the end butts up snuggly to the bed cap protector. In doing this I could move the cover back far enough to engage about two of the rear seal fins, as the customer service rep stated.
Thanks for the tip and update!

Do you think it's possible to run the drain tube thru the hole on the upper top side of the bed that's near the drain tube connection from the rail? I have the same open one on mine but since the rest is covered with the spray on Toughbed liner I'd have to drill thru a covered area. Looks like it might be a tight turn to make. Thanks for any tips.

OP
OP

SnyderJ21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Thanks for the tip and update!

Do you think it's possible to run the drain tube thru the hole on the upper top side of the bed that's near the drain tube connection from the rail? I have the same open one on mine but since the rest is covered with the spray on Toughbed liner I'd have to drill thru a covered area. Looks like it might be a tight turn to make. Thanks for any tips.
I thought about trying briefly but I do think it will be too tight with the supplied hose. Could try something more flexible maybe?
Sponsored