Undercoating on a Powerboost?

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
I live in New England and I’m planning on keeping the truck for a while so I am looking at undercoating. My local linex dealer offers this valugard. Linex does not own it but recommends it and has a 10yr salt test currently running on it with no breakdown. The cost is fairly cheap just above $400 and this includes wheel wells.

Any issues with undercoating the truck considering the battery?

https://valugard.net/
Sponsored

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I live in New England and I’m planning on keeping the truck for a while so I am looking at undercoating. My local linex dealer offers this valugard. Linex does not own it but recommends it and has a 10yr salt test currently running on it with no breakdown. The cost is fairly cheap just above $400 and this includes wheel wells.

Any issues with undercoating the truck considering the battery?

https://valugard.net/
I've never heard of any good coming from undercoating sealants post-manufacturer. It locks in any moisture that happens to get trapped against the body, and accelerates the rusting. Even worse is the coating looks good, but you can't see the damage being done underneath. IMO a good coating of Fluid Film once a year before the winter will perform great, with less costs.

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
I've never heard of any good coming from undercoating sealants post-manufacturer. It locks in any moisture that happens to get trapped against the body, and accelerates the rusting. Even worse is the coating looks good, but you can't see the damage being done underneath. IMO a good coating of Fluid Film once a year before the winter will perform great, with less costs.
Do you coat yourself straight from the can?

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you coat yourself straight from the can?
Yes I've always done it myself. You can use a spray can, but its much easier IMO to get a gallon of fluid film (or comparable product), and a spray gun (air compressor). Makes it very easy to get good coverage underneath. You can certainly use the cans, but it would just take longer. There's also companies that will do it for you, but I find the couple hours a year it takes to apply the film isn't worth taking it to a shop.

21F150_208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I bought a Toyota Tacoma in 1999 with 4 miles on the odometer. Took it to Rhino and had them spray bedliner to undercoat it. Sold it 15 years later with 200,000 miles on it for $10,000 in 10 minutes. Zero rust. I do a lot of forest roads, live where they use mag chloride in the winters, etc. The one coat of Rhino is all I did.

When I was trying to figure out what to sell it for I found no comparable Tacos. They had all rusted out. I had a guy who told me I sold it for too cheap. It did look like new, no tears in the upholstery and the engine didn’t use any oil.
Sponsored