Sponsored

Under the Hood, is this normal on the 21's?

Mortonsk9s

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 and 2022 F150
Occupation
Engineering
I was checking my oil yesterday and I noticed that this coil was turned, mind you there is no record of any service to this truck and on my other ecoboost 3.5 the coil was straight and parrell with the other coils. Apologize for the dust even though it is parked mainly in the garage I live in a new housing development and they love using sand and dust is everywhere all the time, So just driving thru the new roads dust just flies up everywhere. Truck just turned 1,500 miles. So is this normal on the 21 3.5 or did I someone screw up. I checked the coil and it is tight and I do not believe that it moved on its own.
Ford F-150 Under the Hood, is this normal on the 21's? coil
Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I was checking my oil yesterday and I noticed that this coil was turned, mind you there is no record of any service to this truck and on my other ecoboost 3.5 the coil was straight and parrell with the other coils. Apologize for the dust even though it is parked mainly in the garage I live in a new housing development and they love using sand and dust is everywhere all the time, So just driving thru the new roads dust just flies up everywhere. Truck just turned 1,500 miles. So is this normal on the 21 3.5 or did I someone screw up. I checked the coil and it is tight and I do not believe that it moved on its own.
coil.jpg
It doesn’t look like it is able to move to me with that bolt holding it down. It might be something where on the power boost they needed that coil moved and it’s the same casting for the normal 3.5.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
coil.jpg
that stud with a screw-on top would have been in the way if the coil was turned. Whatever that stud is for.
Sponsored