MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Yes

For me it was 5% off Invoice, $899 Doc fee, if I used their financing (which in my case was Ford Motor Co at 0%/36 months).

If I didn't use their financing, paid cash, or combination, there was another $1000 fee involved. I use the word "fee" - a bad thing, instead of the word "off" which may be a good thing. @tbinmd above states it in a way that also makes it more clear (to me) as a fee.

(My question previously was if Koons had changed their pricing, but I don't think they did.)

Hope I didn't confuse this.
The way it was explained to me is 5% under invoice plus an additional $1000 incentive that was available at the time of my order which is separate from the 5%. What I’d be losing is the incentive if financing outside.

Example:

MSRP: $77,000
Invoice Price: 72,000K
5% Under: $68,000K
$1K Factory Incentive: $67,000K

If no financing with Koons, you lose the $1,000 incentive so you still get the truck for 5% under invoice at 68K.

I also found a $1,000 bonus cash that’s good through 7/7/2022. I asked if both the incentive and the bonus cash could be used as stackable and was told either or. I’m hoping both could be stacked or find others that are higher in value.

It would be great to get the vehicle at 66K baseline with both the incentive, bonus cash, finance with Koons (Ford Motor) and refinance right after as needed.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
The way it was explained to me is 5% under invoice plus an additional $1000 incentive that was available at the time of my order which is separate from the 5%. What I’d be losing is the incentive if financing outside.

Example:

If no financing with Koons, you lose the $1,000 incentive so you still get the truck for 5% under invoice at 68K.

I also found a $1,000 bonus cash that’s good through 7/7/2022. I asked if both the incentive and the bonus cash could be used as stackable and was told either or. I’m hoping both could be stacked or find others that are higher in value.

It would be great to get the vehicle at 66K baseline with both the incentive, bonus cash, finance with Koons (Ford Motor) and refinance right after as needed.
This phrase conflicts with my knowledge and experience at Koons:

So it was never put to me as a factory incentive. To me a factory incentive comes from Ford directly and not a dealer pricing option. So I don't know if something has changed there.

I do see that Dexter at Koons posted a thread on 4/7 stating the discount was 4% off. Nothing was posted after that so not sure if that was a quiet change for future orders.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...e-group-discount-on-factory-orders-only.9909/

Also, for me, it was 5% off invoice if using Koon's financing and if not using Koon's financing, it would cost me an extra $1000. Using your numbers above, the base purchase price of the truck would then be $69000 w/o Koons financing.

I will say this - I read the forums like you did before ordering, I talked to Dexter and got confirmation from him that my prices were like you said (an extra $1k off if going with the loan) and he even replied that in a posting to a different user https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/post-111112.

He then corrected that posting saying it was 5% with their loan and 5% with a $1k added to the final price w/o their loan:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/post-111246

I'd give him a call using your numbers above and get confirmation. Just be aware that I got confirmation over the phone that was then contradicted/corrected later.

Best of luck with your build, delivery, and ownership for sure.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
This phrase conflicts with my knowledge and experience at Koons:

So it was never put to me as a factory incentive. To me a factory incentive comes from Ford directly and not a dealer pricing option. So I don't know if something has changed there.

I do see that Dexter at Koons posted a thread on 4/7 stating the discount was 4% off. Nothing was posted after that so not sure if that was a quiet change for future orders.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...e-group-discount-on-factory-orders-only.9909/

Also, for me, it was 5% off invoice if using Koon's financing and if not using Koon's financing, it would cost me an extra $1000. Using your numbers above, the base purchase price of the truck would then be $69000 w/o Koons financing.

I will say this - I read the forums like you did before ordering, I talked to Dexter and got confirmation from him that my prices were like you said (an extra $1k off if going with the loan) and he even replied that in a posting to a different user https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/post-111112.

He then corrected that posting saying it was 5% with their loan and 5% with a $1k added to the final price w/o their loan:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/post-111246

I'd give him a call using your numbers above and get confirmation. Just be aware that I got confirmation over the phone that was then contradicted/corrected later.

Best of luck with your build, delivery, and ownership for sure.
The verbiage for the 5% from the very beginning has always caused confusion honestly. Let’s put it this way, I entered all my exact amounts of my vehicle baseline and details via email to Dexter, and he confirmed the numbers and details. I expect the numbers to hold up at F&I.

Your understanding is sort of how I interpreted it for the last two months until recently…….

I also brought up a $1,000 cash bonus good through July and was advised the factory incentive and bonus cash cannot be combined. I’m unsure if that is a Ford practice or dealership specific. I thought these were in fact stackable?

Below is part of my most recent question to Dexter at Koons. The baseline of my truck is in fact $68,719.38 without that $1000 factory incentive.

Question…..

“I understand that if we don’t finance through Koons, we lose $1K. You did mention that there is an additional incentive for $1,000 which technically brings our total to $67,719.38 if we finance through Koons ($68,719.38 financing outside.)”

Response….

“Yes, the $1000 factory order incentive and the additional $1000 for using your own financing(cash purchase) will cancel each other out.”

What I understand from the back and forth conversations is that the $1000 factory incentive is separate from the 5% under invoice. If Koons decided to just classify the incentive under the 5%, they should have disclosed it clearly.

As for the link on 4/7, it looks like the percentage changed for people ordering from that date moving forward. I had no idea this change was posted out there. Why wasn’t that information updated for future orders into our 5% group? I’m sure there are people still ordering solely based on that group.

It seems the 5% group is a truly a ghost town. I don’t know if folks just don’t update their progress on there as much or if there just isn’t enough allocation at Koons.

Last edited:

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
The way I'm reading the info from Dexter:

“Yes, the $1000 factory order incentive and the additional $1000 for using your own financing(cash purchase) will cancel each other out.”

with Koon's financing

without Koon's financing
5% Under +$1000: $69,000K
$1K Factory Incentive: $68,000K

That would be where the factory order incentive and the additional $1000 for your own financing cancel each other out.

Sponsored

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Same thing here. Fly to Granger and drive home. With a flight and a couple of nights in a hotel I will be under that "fee" number most others give.

I lived in Iowa for 4 years. I just hope my truck does not come in during the farmers fertilizer time. :)
Sponsored