Sponsored

Under bed 240v connector ?

Viny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4
Hello, I just got my 2022 Platinum FX4 PB. Very excited about the 7.2kw generator. I intend to primarily use it to power our travel trailer when we boondock. I use both a bed liner and bed cover to keep the bed dry and secure and desire to route the cable out from under the bed to the trailer. I saw in another post here where a member routed his cable through the existing hole in the pillar down under the bed.(https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-a-trailer-while-driving-it-works.6462/page-3)

I was intending to do just this. However, I got under the truck this morning to investigate and found a connector I believe to be for the 240v. You can see from the pictures it is an orange cable with 4 wires. They appear to be about 10awg which would be right for 30amps. I looked all over the connector for ID information but found none. My idea is (assuming that indeed is the 240v cable) to build a Y cable using that connector and Y it out to a weatherproof L14-30R connector that would live under the bed.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this connector? Thanks in advance for any info.
Ford F-150 Under bed 240v connector ? Gen Connector 1
Ford F-150 Under bed 240v connector ? Gen Connector 2
Ford F-150 Under bed 240v connector ? Gen connector 3
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
When you disconnected it did it kill the outlets in the bed?

Have you put an AC voltmeter to the open connector?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That is the connector for the power to the bed panel. The other connector I believe is signal/control of the panel.

I learned it from removing the panel to install a bedrug.
Although that 240v connector looks decent in quality and seemed to be sealed, it is located in a harsh environment, in my opinion.

I applied dielectric and then encased it in a pool noodle to at least cut down on direct splash from road water/mud being slung at it.

OP
OP

Viny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4
When you disconnected it did it kill the outlets in the bed?

It did, although I didn't measure voltage at the outlets. I did buzz the wires between that connector and the outlets. So, one clarification to my initial post is that the orange 4 wire cable takes power to all the outlets, not just the 240v outlet. However, that wouldn't negate my Y cable idea.

Have you put an AC voltmeter to the open connector?
I didn't measure voltage at the connector, but I'm totally confident it would appear there.

OP
OP

Viny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4
OK, I might have just found the connectors. I found the Motorcraft Wiring Pigtails kits Identification Guide and perused it. I believe the 2 connector sides WPT-750 and WPT-1343 both available on Amazon for under $20 each. I also found a weatherproof L14-30R. If these are the correct parts, I should be able to obtain and make the Y cable.
Sponsored