Sponsored

Unbelievable! My new truck is totaled before delivery.

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I got a new 2021 limited power boost onJanuary 6. Has been in the shop since January 19. They ordered me a new one on the lemon law. Was to arrive at my dealer last week. Checked with the dealer today to see if it had arrived. He informed me that it was on a transport truck that overturned and my truck and another one of his customers was on that transport. They were both totaled. Back to the drawing board.
Sponsored

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
That's some brutal news. Hope something good happens!!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I got a new 2021 limited power boost onJanuary 6. Has been in the shop since January 19. They ordered me a new one on the lemon law. Was to arrive at my dealer last week. Checked with the dealer today to see if it had arrived. He informed me that it was on a transport truck that overturned and my truck and another one of his customers was on that transport. They were both totaled. Back to the drawing board.

As Clint Black would say, you're having an astounding "Good Run of Back Luck", friend. I'm so sorry your 0 for 2! Your Limited PowerBoost is a top tier rig! I guess the slight upside is since you didn't take official delivery of it, its the dealer's problem.

Are you getting another order placed?

Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Man, so sorry to hear and I feel your pain. Mine burned to the ground on a trailer 3 hours from my house. If it makes you feel any better I put in a replacement order on 24 May and was just informed by my dealer this evening that I’m scheduled for end of Jul for a build.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Horrible luck for sure. My new Lariat is on the truck destined for my dealer now. I would be in a pickle if that happens to me as I received my FedEx package today to send paperwork to Vroom as they are buying my current 2020 XLT.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Man, that is some bad luck. Hopefully you can get yours ordered again and get a quick turnaround. The good news is that yours will probably be job #2 and you can option those built in scales and other things if you want. My second order Lariat was placed May 4 and I have a build date of June 21 so if you get your order in you will still likely have it this summer!!

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Are you sure it was totaled or did the dealership just tell you that do they could sell the truck to someone else at a profit.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I’m going in to see my dealer tomorrow. He has pictures of my totaled truck. He wanted pictures because he could not believe it either. Truck number three is being ordered today. On the bright side the first truck I ordered came out of the shop last week. They are going to let me drive it until the next new one comes in and then they will send it back to Ford and we will swap trucks. And I do have a fantastic dealer to work with.

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Another option is to ask the dealer give you a great deal on a similar-spec truck they can get through another dealer. Maybe it won't be an exact match, but you can probably get close and get it soon. Is there anything super rare about your order?

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Another option is to ask the dealer give you a great deal on a similar-spec truck they can get through another dealer. Maybe it won't be an exact match, but you can probably get close and get it soon. Is there anything super rare about your order?
No dealer is giving up trucks, my dealer who typically has over 100 trucks currently has 4.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I found one limited in Lansing Michigan. And that dealer wants full list. And there is no way he’s going to give it up. And that was the only one within 500 miles.
Sponsored