• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Uh, Oh... looks like the EV tax credits are hitting an obstacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Either they will abandon the whole deal or just make it equal. If they make it equal then I doubt it will be $12.5K

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
More is credit, price goes up.

Rollingblock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 f150, 01 F250, 2012 Mustang
Just my 2 cents, I expect them to drop the union made credit and keep the 7500 ev and 500 us made battery for a total of 8k.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Just my 2 cents, I expect them to drop the union made credit and keep the 7500 ev and 500 us made battery for a total of 8k.
Agreed, but I also think there is an outside chance of a $2000 - $2500 credit for just made in the USA. That would make a lot of people happy.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Cancel all credits and let the car companies compete with Tesla on an even playing field. Then Ford would have to drop the price of the truck - we win.
I think I'd rather have a $12.5k credit than a $4k price drop, but to each their own.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I think I'd rather have a $12.5k credit than a $4k price drop, but to each their own.
Each manufacturer has to compete in market, if the price is too high, they will be outbid by the other company.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I’m thinking they will just drop the union portion of the incentive and keep the rest. Manchin sucks, but this is one thing I agree with him on. And he’s not the first to contest the union stipulation — it’s actually a violation of US tax code to write tax policy that treats unions or their products or services differently. Legislation that was created to protect unions by not allowing the government to create tax policies that would influence the decision of companies or their workers to unionize or not. I guess it is also there to keep them from gaining an advantage in this case.

Up to this point, the proposals for the new EV credits all look like they were written on UAW letterhead by GMC with Ford leaning over their shoulder.

….Anyway it looks like it won’t matter to me anyway with the price caps. My ideal R1T/S, Model X or Lightning configurations are all over the limit. Meh.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don't really care if we receive the credit or not. What I do care about is foreign car manufacturers wanting to influence what happens in the U.S. I get it, Toyota probably has some of the most American Made cars in this country. However, when you allow a limited amount of American Cars to be sold in Japan then you have no business telling the U.S. Government what is fair and what is not.

As far as playing on a even playing field with Tesla, that will never happen. Their SC network alone makes it that they will continue to be a step above.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don't really care if we receive the credit or not. What I do care about is foreign car manufacturers wanting to influence what happens in the U.S. I get it, Toyota probably has some of the most American Made cars in this country. However, when you allow a limited amount of American Cars to be sold in Japan then you have no business telling the U.S. Government what is fair and what is not.

As far as playing on a even playing field with Tesla, that will never happen. Their SC network alone makes it that they will continue to be a step above.
With your logic, if a domestic manufacturer was non-union and lobbied against current EV setup how toyota is, you will be ok with that company?

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
With your logic, if a domestic manufacturer was non-union and lobbied against current EV setup how toyota is, you will be ok with that company?
That’s exactly the way it should be…US tax dollars should be used to help prop up US owned companies and/or provide an incentive for US made vehicles. Unions are responsible for the US losing Chrysler, bad cops, and bad teachers.

Don’t believe we should have used my tax dollars to prop up unions at auto manufacturers or public sector unions. Haven’t seen China go out of their way to give the US incentives In their auto market…same with the EU.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sure, why not? It’s an American company that keeps or brings their profits back to the U.S. they should lobby for their best interest. Toyota can go kick rocks unless they start lobbying in Japan to allow U.S. manufacturers to sell more vehicles over there including Telsa

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Each manufacturer has to compete in market, if the price is too high, they will be outbid by the other company.
A beautifully simplistic view of supply and demand, but there is a floor to that. Given the number of reservations Ford has for the truck, you really think they'd wind up taking $12.5k off the price just due to pressures of the free market? If they can sell 100% of what they make either way, you're certainly not getting an equivalent of the tax credit off the sticker price.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.