Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Have you address this with your dealer?
Yeah. He just said take it or leave but they aren’t touching it at all.

At that point I didn’t really have much of a choice because one of their workers already drove off to an unknown location with the 2018 truck that I came in and was returning in exchange for the 2021.

He said that he personally has literally hundreds of people(I don’t doubt that at all) waiting for a 2021 so if I don’t want it I can leave it.

I’m very fortunate, so far, and I haven’t had any other problems with this truck at all. Sometimes the navigation gets a little stupid on me and I want to punch the screen but other than that the truck has been really nice.
Sponsored

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Yeah. He just said take it or leave but they aren’t touching it at all.

At that point I didn’t really have much of a choice because one of their workers already drove off to an unknown location with the 2018 truck that I came in and was returning in exchange for the 2021.

He said that he personally has literally hundreds of people(I don’t doubt that at all) waiting for a 2021 so if I don’t want it I can leave it.

I’m very fortunate, so far, and I haven’t had any other problems with this truck at all. Sometimes the navigation gets a little stupid on me and I want to punch the screen but other than that the truck has been really nice.
Well now that you have it it's time to take it to a different dealer who might be a little more willing to do something about that craptastic paint job. I see you're in Canada, so I don't know how prolific Ford dealers are there, but I have about 16 different ones within an hour of me depending on which direction I drive.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Well now that you have it it's time to take it to a different dealer who might be a little more willing to do something about that craptastic paint job. I see you're in Canada, so I don't know how prolific Ford dealers are there, but I have about 16 different ones within an hour of me depending on which direction I drive.
Bro, you’re name killed me lol. But in all seriousness, you’re advice is well taken as I didn’t know that was an option.

I normally wouldn’t bother since this is a lease but in all honesty this truck has been so magnificent in every other way that I might actually keep this one and a proper painting would seal the deal.

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Bro, you’re name killed me lol. But in all seriousness, you’re advice is well taken as I didn’t know that was an option.

I normally wouldn’t bother since this is a lease but in all honesty this truck has been so magnificent in every other way that I might actually keep this one and a proper painting would seal the deal.
Yeah it’s a silly name from middle school. Probably quite insensitive now that I’m pushing 40, but it’s always available to use. ?
Yeah you can take your truck to any Ford dealer for warranty work. They may or may not want to deal with painting it, but it’s worth a shot. I bought an ‘05 new and had paint work done at a different dealer. They wound up painting a whole bed side panel because of some blemishes.
Sponsored