Two-tones

Treycash

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Every F-150 I have ever owned has been a two tone. I really love them but I don’t see a lot besides King Ranch.

I ordered an Antimatter with the gray (XLT) two tone.

Could you help me past the time by posting pictures of two tone 2021 F-150s?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Every F-150 I have ever owned has been a two tone. I really love them but I don’t see a lot besides King Ranch.

I ordered an Antimatter with the gray (XLT) two tone.

I had intended to get the two tone on my XLT 301a
But after going to the XLT to get chrome bumpers (and a couple other things) getting the two tone took the chrome away and gave me painted bumpers.
To get the chrome bumpers, I would have had to get the chrome package for an additional 1600$ —-nope

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a

I ordered an Antimatter with the gray (XLT) two tone... Lariat SCrew, 6.5 with 502a chrome package.

Back in November I ordered the exact same two-tone.

its an amazing choice and there are lots of pictures out there in the anti-matter color threads.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have always loved the 2-tone when I see them in the wild and always thought it was limited to a King Ranch. Had no idea you could get a 2-tone Lariat or XLT until this year using the build & price! I don't ever remember seeing one on lots, and if I saw one in the wild I would have just assumed it was a KR.

Anyway, happy to be getting a Star White 2-tone KR this time around. I would have loved my current XLT in 2-tone but again, never knew that was a thing!

Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
5B47E88B-E7C9-4D79-9889-814C08676CDD.jpeg
I have a Lariat on order this exact color. Antimatter Blue with Stone Gray
We're truck bro's! :)

Younger folks love the sport all-one-color look, but I've always equated that with more of a 'cheap truck'. I think the two-tone looks more elegant, more established per-se'. I have a 1999 250 still that's blue two-tone, and I adore it. People always compliment it. Two-tones are sexy and stand out in the massive sea of trucks that is Texas roadways.

I did Lariat/Powerboost Hybrid/6.5 bed/SCrew/20" wheels/Chrome Pkg/502a/Workspace

Mine was ordered week of Nov 1st and got an official build day of Jan 25th this week. Expect it to actually arrive to me in Texas at the end of Feb (dealer said it would take a month). That's fine... just means more savings for me on price day (more discount options will be available then than now, for sure - and everyone gets the discounts ford is offering on the exact day you actually pay for truck, regardless of deal made).

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
We're truck bro's! :)

Younger folks love the sport all-one-color look, but I've always equated that with more of a 'cheap truck'. I think the two-tone looks more elegant, more established per-se'. I have a 1999 250 still that's blue two-tone, and I adore it. People always compliment it. Two-tones are sexy and stand out in the massive sea of trucks that is Texas roadways.

I did Lariat/Powerboost Hybrid/6.5 bed/SCrew/20" wheels/Chrome Pkg/502a/Workspace

Mine was ordered week of Nov 1st and got an official build day of Jan 25th this week. Expect it to actually arrive to me in Texas at the end of Feb (dealer said it would take a month). That's fine... just means more savings for me on price day (more discount options will be available then than now, for sure - and everyone gets the discounts ford is offering on the exact day you actually pay for truck, regardless of deal made).
We are TEXAS Truck Bro’s. ?

Oir trucks sound similar, I think the biggest difference is that I have the 3.5 Eco. Mine was ordered 9/29. Supposed build date of 2/1. Probably a March delivery

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hey guys, we just did a video taking a look at Antimatter Blue. We look at it from all angles and in direct and indirect sunlight. Hope this helps you get a better idea of what Antimatter Blue actually looks like.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have always loved the 2-tone when I see them in the wild and always thought it was limited to a King Ranch. Had no idea you could get a 2-tone Lariat or XLT until this year using the build & price! I don't ever remember seeing one on lots, and if I saw one in the wild I would have just assumed it was a KR.

Anyway, happy to be getting a Star White 2-tone KR this time around. I would have loved my current XLT in 2-tone but again, never knew that was a thing!
You going to really love that KR!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have always thought a two-tone truck was sharp. Every single time I have put F-150 on my list of considerations at buying time, it has always been a two-tone model. This time around, the kick up on the door is bothering me enough that I am going to go with the Platinum (also, the Mrs. doesn't like the KR interior). All my other trucks, from other brands, have been single colored. Not sure why I think Ford's should be two-tone, but I suspect it has to do with growing up in the 70's-80's, when two tone was a big deal.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
I have always thought a two-tone truck was sharp. Every single time I have put F-150 on my list of considerations at buying time, it has always been a two-tone model. This time around, the kick up on the door is bothering me enough that I am going to go with the Platinum (also, the Mrs. doesn't like the KR interior). All my other trucks, from other brands, have been single colored. Not sure why I think Ford's should be two-tone, but I suspect it has to do with growing up in the 70's-80's, when two tone was a big deal.
That kick up on the door and bed panel are pretty off putting to me as well.
I am considering having the contrasting color added but have the line follow the minor body line just below the current paint line.
Straight line and it lines up with the bottom of the rear bumper cover.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That kick up on the door and bed panel are pretty off putting to me as well.
I am considering having the contrasting color added but have the line follow the minor body line just below the current paint line.
Straight line and it lines up with the bottom of the rear bumper cover.
I did some photoshop work on a KR a few months back which shows what the straight line would look like (with and without fender flares). See below link

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/king-ranch-color-keyed-fender-trim.450/post-6791

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
I re
I did some photoshop work on a KR a few months back which shows what the straight line would look like (with and without fender flares). See below link

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/king-ranch-color-keyed-fender-trim.450/post-6791
I remember these. I really liked the one w/o the flares or wheel trim.
The straight line suggests just a bit of elegance without being gaudy.
Also says: I am not a base work truck, I offer up a little bit of candy.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I re

I remember these. I really liked the one w/o the flares or wheel trim.
The straight line suggests just a bit of elegance without being gaudy.
Also says: I am not a base work truck, I offer up a little bit of candy.
Yes, as time has passed since posting those and looking at them again from time to time, I have come to like the simple elegance of just the lower body color. On the rear bodywork behind the tire, the line comes up just over the body line, I think they could have carried that forward. I would be more tempted if it were straight (and my wife liked the KR interior, which she does not).
Sponsored