First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I purchased a 2021 Limited Powerboost. I have been pleased with the truck in the few miles I have been able to drive it, but I am surprised the turn signals don’t cancel after a turn. Does anyone know if that is a setting I can change?
Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I purchased a 2021 Limited Powerboost. I have been pleased with the truck in the few miles I have been able to drive it, but I am surprised the turn signals don’t cancel after a turn. Does anyone know if that is a setting I can change?
Thanks for the video Vpswcci!

My wife’s 5 year-old Explorer has this feature and it drives me bonkers. I noticed it’s also on the new F-150’s. I’m not a fan but I’m sure it’s something we’ll just get used to. ?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Time for a trip to the dealer. A turn signal not turning off after making a sharp enough turn is not a setting, it is a component not working right.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Time for a trip to the dealer. A turn signal not turning off after making a sharp enough turn is not a setting, it is a component not working right.
The video indicates the indicator stays on untill you turn OR you move lever back into position.

Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
The video indicates the indicator stays on untill you turn OR you move lever back into position.
this is an OR statement. Don’t believeyou understand the video you posted.

FULL TURN

OR

NOT FULL TURN (and you turn it off yourself)

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
this is an OR statement. Don’t believeyou understand the video you posted.

FULL TURN

OR

NOT FULL TURN (and you turn it off yourself)
No mis-understanding, I still believe that the text implies that they turn off automatically after making a turn.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
No mis-understanding, I still believe that the text implies that they turn off automatically after making a turn.
Then I don't understand your reply to Curry. You have misread somewhere.

Curry clearly stated there's something wrong if they don't turn off automatically after a sharp turn.

The part you quoted clearly has an "or" saying it turns off after a turn OR if you turn it off yourself. The latter is a given, but the former says Curry is correct.

Reactions: Don

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Then I don't understand your reply to Curry. You have misread somewhere.

Curry clearly stated there's something wrong if they don't turn off automatically after a sharp turn.

The part you quoted clearly has an "or" saying it turns off after a turn OR if you turn it off yourself. The latter is a given, but the former says Curry is correct.
Yes, I was referring to their designed operation which would indicate that if they are not turning off for you there must be a malfunction. I think we’re saying the same thing for different perspectives. Just trying to help.

Pleagic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew Cab King Ranch
Following...

I just picked up a 2021 King Ranch that does the same thing. Mine works turning right every once in a while (maybe 3 times in 200 miles).

Pretty sure the design of the toggle switch and actuator is similar to previous generations so perhaps its a tolerance issue.

If anyone is curious how a turn signal works go here:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I appreciate the replies. I have an appointment in three weeks with the service department to get it fixed. I’m disappointed that it was a problem right off the lot, but there are certainly worse problems to have!

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My left turn signal cancels most times however, it's very aggravating having to turn it off as many times as I have had to. I have several other cars I drive on the same route and I never have had to turn the turn signal off as I have to do on this new truck. It's like a turn signal cam installed wrong or broke in an old-skool truck.

Any thoughts? Is it software or mechanical?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My left turn signal cancels most times however, it's very aggravating having to turn it off as many times as I have had to. I have several other cars I drive on the same route and I never have had to turn the turn signal off as I have to do on this new truck. It's like a turn signal cam installed wrong or broke in an old-skool truck.

I would take it to my dealer, I never have to cancel mine. Probably a misaligned switch.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...It's like a turn signal cam installed wrong or broke in an old-skool truck.

Could have sworn I saw a thread on this here or on one of the other many F150 forums where the turn signals wouldn’t cancel on a 2021.

Just make sure that the dealer can get the part before you drop it off.

A few of my old sports cars had the opposite problem, the turn signal wouldn’t stay on unless you held the stalk, which is a lot less annoying than the times that I have driven vehicles with intermittent self-canceling turn signals.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I’ve noticed my blinker staying on twice after completing a left turn. Wasn’t sure if it was operator error or not.
Sponsored