Sponsored

Turn Signal Cameras???

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
So you are saying that when you use your turn signal without a trailer attached that the center screen will show that side camera?
No. It does not without a trailer. However, I can hit the camera button at speed to show that view.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
UPDATE
i cleared a few dtcs ??
they had to do with inverter not inverting with truck in the accessory mode
rugedraw, let me know my apim update from monday included the new stuff so could toggle the feature on in forscan...YUP it works
  • trailer turn signal view
    • IPMA
      • 706-01-02: 3xxx xxxx xx
    • APIM
      • 7D0-02-03: xxxx x8xx xx (or C)
      • reset APIM under wrench icon
anyhow i changed the values as described above, thanks to rugedraw, antho and jessie for the hard work in the main post for trailer turn signal

i plugged in my trailer, but not connected ball
put truck in drive and selected left and then right
you can see the pics changed to show down the side
AWESOME
i need to retrain the backup trailer assist for some reason yesterday when my dealer updated the apim for a battery it dropped gilbert the hauler trailer

Ford F-150 Turn Signal Cameras??? 20240130_142521

Ford F-150 Turn Signal Cameras??? 20240130_142527

Ford F-150 Turn Signal Cameras??? 20240130_143241

Ford F-150 Turn Signal Cameras??? 20240130_143245

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Let the record show I had nothing to do with figuring this out. lol
sir you gave great guidance , which helps this old brain

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
UPDATE
i cleared a few dtcs ??
they had to do with inverter not inverting with truck in the accessory mode
rugedraw, let me know my apim update from monday included the new stuff so could toggle the feature on in forscan...YUP it works
  • trailer turn signal view
    • IPMA
      • 706-01-02: 3xxx xxxx xx
    • APIM
      • 7D0-02-03: xxxx x8xx xx (or C)
      • reset APIM under wrench icon
anyhow i changed the values as described above, thanks to rugedraw, antho and jessie for the hard work in the main post for trailer turn signal

i plugged in my trailer, but not connected ball
put truck in drive and selected left and then right
you can see the pics changed to show down the side
AWESOME
i need to retrain the backup trailer assist for some reason yesterday when my dealer updated the apim for a battery it dropped gilbert the hauler trailer

20240130_142521.jpg

20240130_142527.jpg

20240130_143241.jpg

20240130_143245.jpg
You have a 2023?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
So it’s not 6.8 it’s another one after that? I’ll have to wait for my truck to get it ota I suppose?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
So it’s not 6.8 it’s another one after that? I’ll have to wait for my truck to get it ota I suppose?
well sort OF

rugedraw saw in fdrs that my dealer did an ipma update while they troubleshot the battery issue
so happens, the update has the GUTS and stuff we need. it was through his detective work , he realized my update was like the one he had acquired.

so .....pop into dealer with bad battery and make sure they do update ipma when they check out the battery charge system. it seems the tech was following the technical procedure laid out by ford to find out why batteries were having issues ..
wink wink...have a battery issue or charge issue...
my dealer was concerned the update would take 3 hrs and sent me home, when it really only took IIRC less than an hour
plus tech was following the book and had to also re calibrate the 360 and windshield camera???
i can say the re cal did help my 60 mph winding road to the doctor experience this morning...it hugged better and applied more input to turn ...its a spirited drive in sport

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The update for the time being is only available through FDRS. No one has gotten it via the OTA process yet.

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
well sort OF

rugedraw saw in fdrs that my dealer did an ipma update while they troubleshot the battery issue
so happens, the update has the GUTS and stuff we need. it was through his detective work , he realized my update was like the one he had acquired.

so .....pop into dealer with bad battery and make sure they do update ipma when they check out the battery charge system. it seems the tech was following the technical procedure laid out by ford to find out why batteries were having issues ..
wink wink...have a battery issue or charge issue...
my dealer was concerned the update would take 3 hrs and sent me home, when it really only took IIRC less than an hour
plus tech was following the book and had to also re calibrate the 360 and windshield camera???
i can say the re cal did help my 60 mph winding road to the doctor experience this morning...it hugged better and applied more input to turn ...its a spirited drive in sport
Interesting thanks for that information I’m going to see what they can do because actually some times my remote start won’t work on my key fob. When I try it. The light. On the key fob flashes read maybe it’s a bad battery ;) lmao i appreciate that! Did you do your forscan changes prior to? Did you have to reset north modules after or just when you did the initial changes?

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Interesting that’s for that information I’m going to see what they can do because actually some times my remote start won’t work on my key fob. When I try it. The light. On the key fob flashes read maybe it’s a bad battery ;) lmao i appreciate that!
Click the buttons slowly...
Annoys the hell out of me but if you try to double click like a computer mouse (and my last truck) it will fail every time.
Eventually you get used to going slow so the truck can keep up. 🤣

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
Click the buttons slowly...
Annoys the hell out of me but if you try to double click like a computer mouse (and my last truck) it will fail every time.
Eventually you get used to going slow so the truck can keep up. 🤣
Lmfao i guess I’ll have to get use to that 😄. But still I’m going to try and see if I can update it any ways. I have to bring there any ways for them to do some other things Ill mention it to them hopefully they can lol

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Lmfao i guess I’ll have to get use to that 😄. But still I’m going to try and see if I can update it any ways. I have to bring there any ways for them to do some other things Ill mention it to them hopefully they can lol
It's very rare because they do not get paid for it. The IPMA update is the key one we need and so far has not been going out OTA. It does apparently change the glare free behavior, another thread covers that. I fully expect by spring we will see the updates going out. Only Ford knows why they are not already being sent OTA.

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
It's very rare because they do not get paid for it. The IPMA update is the key one we need and so far has not been going out OTA. It does apparently change the glare free behavior, another thread covers that. I fully expect by spring we will see the updates going out. Only Ford knows why they are not already being sent OTA.
Ah I see I may just wait. If it will eventually come ota. But what thread is that. I’m going to be installing the projector head lights soon and was looking to do the glare free changes. But will that ipma make it worse or better?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Interesting thanks for that information I’m going to see what they can do because actually some times my remote start won’t work on my key fob. When I try it. The light. On the key fob flashes read maybe it’s a bad battery ;) lmao i appreciate that! Did you do your forscan changes prior to? Did you have to reset north modules after or just when you did the initial changes?
none of my forscan stuff got changed from the impa update, i checked this afternoon when i made the new changes. so i assume it was on the mother ship server???
thinking back, the bad battery was causing all sort of stuff to fail to load or load wrong
my seat wouldn't always go back to #1, weird stuff like that
my MY instruments kept changing 2 today , but they settled now to stay in my preferred layout
eng temp, trans temp boost and fuel
it was defaulting back to eng, oil pressure trans and fuel

and as a side note
during my forscan changes this afternoon,
when i was done i ran the data live feed on forscan to see what battery wad doing
it read at 86 state of charge and volts 13.8 0

normally the volts stay right at 12.6 or so until the bms says charge then it jumps to 14.7 or so
but never have i seen it at higher than 12.9 with SOC at or above 80 %
maybe the ipma had some battery charge system small adjustments?
Sponsored

Last edited: