Sponsored

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
My ford pass shows no recalls or FSAs, but the ford recall checker says my driveshaft is under the FSA. Ford pass needs a lot of refinement.
Ford F-150 TSB / FSA: 2021 Ford F-150 Steering Gear Recall Screenshot_20210601-173625_Chrome
Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I would agree. There is more information for the TSB issue/recall your app is showing over here: ?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/tsb-21s25-for-2021-f-150-3-5l-with-max-tow.3856/#post-61965
I've been watching that thread, thanks.

I'm just paranoid now because there are times where I'll be going around a bend in the road and my steering will give me a decent bit of resistance to get the wheel straight again. This is without cruise control and/or lane centering turned on. My VIN is not listed in the steering recall.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Ford is saying 217 vehicles out of all the vehicles produced for roughly 6 months at both plants? How did they narrow it down so far? I’m curious how they track those parts and/or the worker who put them in wrong.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford is saying 217 vehicles out of all the vehicles produced for roughly 6 months at both plants? How did they narrow it down so far? I’m curious how they track those parts and/or the worker who put them in wrong.
The YouTuber made a good point. This TSB will likely add more vehicles in the near future.

Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
That has been a priority for Ford and others. They have batch numbers for parts from suppliers, and they keep those batches associated with the VINs of vehicles. The intent is to cut down on massive, million vehicle recalls because somewhere in that million vehicles are 200 bad parts. Instead they can find out a batch of parts are bad, and look up what VINs were assigned those parts, and maybe just call in 300 vehicles, some overlap with the batch before and after the target 200 to be sure the issue is properly targeted.

Ford has plant applications whose entire existence is around tracking parts going on vehicles and quality concerns. It's worth it to save billions over the years on both warranty costs, and frustrating a huge swath of customers who may not need the repair. All automakers are working towards this. Ford has had more recalls issues in recent years, but the vehicle counts are hundreds or maybe a couple thousand, while some automakers who still aren't quite there issue these 100k size recalls.

The nice benefit of these is automakers are more willing to issue a recall. The old "equation" you would see thrown around is a company would determine if a recall was needed if the cost to settle lawsuits from injuries likely overcame the cost of the recall itself. I like to think that wasn't often openly discussed in the real world, but I am sure it has been. But now if an automaker can just recall 200 trucks, they are FAR more likely to actually do that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Well, mine is on the list and made it onto my Ford Pass app. I just bought it 2 weeks ago, new off the dealership lot. Built in March at KC.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
What day was it built?
Not sure on exact date. Door sticker has 3/21 listed. I’m actually flying to a vacation destination this weekend so I will contact a dealership about getting it in next week. Ford will only cover for a rental for 10 days anyways according to the recall. So I’ll just wait until after I get back.

Sponsored

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My FordPass app doesn't even display a Service and Support tab when viewing the "Vehicle" tab.

My truck has never received an OTA update, either.

I'm convinced the damn computer system doesn't even work right.
That’s what I was wondering. I got a notification an update had happened on my app on the phone but nothing in the truck.
do you have a pic of the current version loaded on yours. Just trying to see if mines the same.

A FORD ABLE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Platinum 2021 Lexus LC500 convertible
Occupation
Business
Wow that is some great info thanks a million:)

I'm still one of the lucky one's :oops:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport FX4, 3.5LEB, Carbonized Gray
Mine was on the list too. I got 2 calls from Ford and 1 call from the dealership the day the recall was issued (and it showed up on my FordPass app), so they seem to be on top of it. Unfortunately, this is the third time I've had to take the truck in for recall services...doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about my new +$60K truck.

**6/14/21 UPDATE** Truck's been in the shop for over a week, and the dealership just told me the parts are back ordered. No ETA.:mad:

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport FX4, 3.5LEB, Carbonized Gray
Has anyone had this recall completed? I'm still being told parts are on backorder with no ETA, and it's been in the dealership's possession for 3 weeks.

I called Ford today and got passed around until a "case number" was created. Not sure if this will help push the issue, but worth a shot.

Just curious if anyone is in the same boat, or if anyone has better info...
Sponsored