Sponsored

Trying to understand how Pro-Power On board works!!??

AgateZ

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Supply Chain Professional
So does the pro power on board battery on a V8 dub has a backup battery when the regular battery goes belly up? Or does it act as a central battery for all functions? So confused. I ordered my V8 with the Pro-Power on board and don't know what to expect.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If you want to use the system, the engine will be running. Only the Powerboost uses the (hybrid) battery to power items with the engine recharging the battery.

OP
OP

AgateZ

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Supply Chain Professional
Ahhh ok I see. Seems like the systems are separate. Which is odd imo

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So does the pro power on board battery on a V8 dub has a backup battery when the regular battery goes belly up? Or does it act as a central battery for all functions? So confused. I ordered my V8 with the Pro-Power on board and don't know what to expect.
The non-hybrid propower (2kW) is two 12V batteries in series, and a dedicated alternator. And it is electrically isolated from the rest of the truck for safety. I have not seen pictures of the 2 batteries to know what kind they are. But the main battery under the hood is a special one for high cranking amps and capable of many cycles of auto start-stop, and it has no backup that I'm aware of (even in hybrids).
Sponsored