First Name
LewLoc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Lead Foot 302A High Package
Occupation
Driver
I live close to the DPW yard where a ton of trucks was sitting, that lot now is about 3/4 empty with people finally getting chips to their trucks .Car haulers been taking 3 to 4 trucks at a time !
Sponsored

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I live close to the DPW yard where a ton of trucks was sitting, that lot now is about 3/4 empty with people finally getting chips to their trucks .Car haulers been taking 3 to 4 trucks at a time !
I can't help but wonder what effect being parked for so long has had on those trucks. I'm not so sure I would want one of those that had blend dates around Feb, Mar or Apr.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Historically, cars and trucks could sit on dealer lots for many months before being sold so sitting on a Ford lot wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 2018 F150 was a model year leftover. It was produced in Aug of 2018 and I bought it in May of 2019. Never had a problem with it.

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
My 2018 F150 was a model year leftover. It was produced in Aug of 2018 and I bought it in May of 2019. Never had a problem with it.
I know times are different now, but did ford give any incentive for buying a previous year late in the year?

Sponsored

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee
I don't know about anyone else's truck but mine was built 4-30-21 & delivered 8-19-21 & it is flawless inside & out. Even the paint was perfect. I was also concerned about what kind of condition it would be in. But I was worried about nothing!

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Check for rust underneath before taking delivery! Mine built July 1, delivered from KC July 24. Put it on dealer lift before signing and found rust on exhaust clamps, a smidge on rear differential. Negotiated for a free Line-X premium spray in bed liner if I paid $625 for rust proofing and undercoating, added to loan. Line-X gives lifetime warranty on all of it if truck is under 1000 miles.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Points all well taken. I seem to remember reading something about some of the lots being flooded and even seeing a photo of water halfway up the tires. As mentioned above, just need to really check the vehicle over if purchasing one.

mistafu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I can't help but wonder what effect being parked for so long has had on those trucks. I'm not so sure I would want one of those that had blend dates around Feb, Mar or Apr.
Mine sat for about 7 to 8 months, got it a few weeks ago. so far so good.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Check for rust underneath before taking delivery! Mine built July 1, delivered from KC July 24. Put it on dealer lift before signing and found rust on exhaust clamps, a smidge on rear differential. Negotiated for a free Line-X premium spray in bed liner if I paid $625 for rust proofing and undercoating, added to loan. Line-X gives lifetime warranty on all of it if truck is under 1000 miles.
The rust had nothing to do with them sitting in a lot. It was more of Ford saying F it, we are going to cut cost by not painting parts under the truck. Enough people complained and they starting coating or painting them again. I looked under a used 2020 truck when I put my order in and it was rusted underneath. Same thing with the first 2021s built this year. If you complain they'll usually fix it.

Slacker

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5L Hybrid, SC, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired- Marine Chief Engineer in US Merchant Marine.
The rust had nothing to do with them sitting in a lot. It was more of Ford saying F it, we are going to cut cost by not painting parts under the truck. Enough people complained and they starting coating or painting them again. I looked under a used 2020 truck when I put my order in and it was rusted underneath. Same thing with the first 2021s built this year. If you complain they'll usually fix it.
I checked my new 2021 underneath the other day and it wasn’t too bad. The rear axel was 98 % painted, the outer flanges were not completely painted. Frame looked good. Im more worried about rodent damage to electrical wiring from sitting almost 3 months in a lot. I live in Michigan and while driving through Flint a few weeks ago there were a bunch of New Chevy trucks sitting along I-75 in tall grass and weeds. Probable full of mice nest. Hopefully Ford had paved lots to store their trucks on. My 2015 F-150 Lariat had several areas of rust on the Frame and no paint what so ever on the rear axle after about 2 months of Michigan winters I took it into my local Ford Dealership where a friend of mine ran the Body shop and he touched up everything and painted the rear axle. No charge to me, not even sure if he turned it in under warranty. Never signed any papers.

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
Without a doubt, would NOT take delivery of one of those trucks.

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
Can Ford change the VIN on those 2021 trucks that are or were sitting around waiting for parts/chips and mark them as 2022 or is once a truck gets a vin that’s it?

geeked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Marketing
My uncle has worked at the Dearborn plant for 25 plus years. He was telling me he's never seen this kind of demand and shortage in his entire career. With that being said, he did say chips are coming in faster and faster so expect to see a ramp up in production soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: