VelocityBlue

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Hi all,

I was wondering what supplies everyone uses after hitting the trails. I had some fun with my tremor for the first time, and cleaning it afterwards was tedious and time consuming. My tremor does have the ceramic coat protection which did help with the cleanup and I did use my power washer but getting under the truck was tough.

I’m wondering what supplies, soaps, and/or tools does everyone out there use/recommend and what to stay away from.

Thanks!

-Marc
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I love and use everything Adams, had a lot of trial and error over the years and that’s what I use on my Shelby

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Under the truck? A lift!

Or, ramps, like most of us. Run the front end up. Use the power washer and lay on the ground.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I love and use everything Adams, had a lot of trial and error over the years and that’s what I use on my Shelby
Adams is my go to as well.

Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I bought a Ryobi Pressure Washer Water Broom yesterday from Home Depot that I can attach to my pressure washer to better clean the undercarriage. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it will get the job done. The Ryobi only has three jets compared to other models I have seen that have 4 jets. I picked the Ryobi because my Sun Joe 3000 does 2030 PSI and because some folks complain that the 4 jet models really need at least 3000 psi to have enough pressure to clean the undercarriages on pickup trucks because they are higher off the ground.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-RY31211/300701617

For a power washer - Sun Joe SPX 3000 - this thing with a foam cannon is great. I highly recommend this pressure washer. It was only $154 off Amazon. I use it to clean the fence, paver patio, cars, house.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX3000-Pressure-14-5-Amp/dp/B00CPGMUXW

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Optimum No Rinse (all exterior including rims)
Optimum Spray wax 2-3x per year
Mother’s Clay Bar 2x per year
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
Optimum Ferrex (every couple years)

Nothing else touches the outside of my car unless I need to use a self-wash bay and use the rinse only to get extra grit and dirt off.

geeked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Marketing
I use long pole washers. One is a soft brush for tires, wheels, plates and brush guard and the other is a microfiber attachment for washing the body. I find these poles work best for my bad back so I don't have to bend over quite as much. The soft brush scrubbers are amazing for tires and wheels especially!

Brush pole and the microfiber pole.

I then use a hose to rinse soap quickly followed by hand drying with The Wrag Company wrags.

If I still have energy I'll put a coat of Griot's Garage spray on wax and wipe which adds a pretty amazing shine and detail to the paint. And it smells like banana.

Then finally some California Cover All on the tires for a nice shine.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Buddy showed me this years ago, get a cheap sprinkler and put under your truck and walk off...come back later, move it, will clean under your truck. Cheap

Ford F-150 Truck Washing Supplies 1637697986878

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
as far as cleaning, I spread the love, some is Mothers, Adams and some Griots Garage.
Sponsored