Truck told me to take a nap

SFBR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 4x4 Leadfoot
After a lot of hours driving I started to doze off. One little head nod and I woke my passenger to switch out drivers. Before the next exit I started getting a warning to pull over and rest. I was impressed to say the least. I remember reading about high end cars actually monitoring the drivers eyes and sensing this but I never thought it was a Ford thing. Is this warning simply initiated by continuous hours at speed or does it actually know your sleepy from some kind of sensor? Seems way too high tech for a pickup truck.
Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
It's based on your weaving between the lines of the road.

HOW DOES DRIVER ALERT WORK

Driver Alert calculates your alertness level based on your driving behavior in relation to the lane markings and other factors through use of the front camera sensor behind the interior mirror.

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
After a lot of hours driving I started to doze off. One little head nod and I woke my passenger to switch out drivers. Before the next exit I started getting a warning to pull over and rest. I was impressed to say the least. I remember reading about high end cars actually monitoring the drivers eyes and sensing this but I never thought it was a Ford thing. Is this warning simply initiated by continuous hours at speed or does it actually know your sleepy from some kind of sensor? Seems way too high tech for a pickup truck.
Thats actually VERY FREAKING COOL.

Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Yep hit the ok button. My 2018 does it
Its been 16 years since my last new truck.
Looking forward to a rather MASSIVE TECHNOLOGY UPGRADE next month!!

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
After I saw this thread this morning I decided to try it on my way home tonight.
I purposely activated the lane keeping system repeatedly by riding the lines of my lane. After about 10-15 corrections it gave me a warning to rest with an orange warning screen with a coffee cup picture. Then I continued to do it some more and got an angry red screen. And Angrier sounded sounding beeps.. I wonder what the third warning would be? Lol

Ford F-150 Truck told me to take a nap 20210129_224711

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Then I continued to do it some more and got an angry red screen. I wonder what the third warning would be? Lol
New F-150:
“Idiot driver ignoring my warnings, I’m gonna shut off fuel supply for one hour.”

Sponsored

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Is this feature designed more for sleepy drivers, or someone that may have had too much to drink? I could see this being valuable in making someone realize they should not be driving.

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Is this feature designed more for sleepy drivers, or someone that may have had too much to drink? I could see this being valuable in making someone realize they should not be driving.
But it only work with the lane keeping system on.