Sponsored

Erikgn

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Supercrew Lariat 6.5 box
I ordered a truck from my local dealer in Jan. Then I found Granger and ordered almost the exact same truck for 3% under invoice. I asked the local dealer to match and they just laughed at me. I canceled my order from the local guys,

Imagine my surprise when I get an email saying my truck was delivered to the local dealer. They never canceled my order. I called and asked and they said MSRP only to me. I declined. I got my truck from Granger at the end of July for just above $65. The other truck had ADM of $8k over MSRP running the price to over $80. Last week I drove through the lot and my truck was still there but they had removed the window sticker and the ADM.

These dealers just seem so sleazy,
Sponsored

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
recession is here.. end of this year will have these stupid ass dealerships selling units below MSRP for sure.
Everybody keeps talking up this "recession but when is it going to arrive. As sure as the sun rises we will have another but I see some of my friends talking about it as if its something they are hopping for. Never been a time like this. dont even get me going on why most seem to think barrowing should be free. I know this is not truck related, just responding to post

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Everybody keeps talking up this "recession but when is it going to arrive. As sure as the sun rises we will have another but I see some of my friends talking about it as if its something they are hopping for. Never been a time like this. dont even get me going on why most seem to think barrowing should be free. I know this is not truck related, just responding to post
Umm, we've been in a recession for a month or two now. The definition of a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of shrinking GDP, and we're already past that.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I'll call it back to normal when my dealer has 200 trucks like they would have 3 years ago and not the 20 they have on site or "coming soon".

I've owned a half dozen or more new Ford trucks and rarely had to look beyond one dealer's inventory to find a good fit. Maybe once or twice they had to trade with another dealer. To get my 2022 at a reasonable price a few months ago I had to take a flight and drive 1800 miles home.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Umm, we've been in a recession for a month or two now. The definition of a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of shrinking GDP, and we're already past that.
To be fair we raised interest rates to put the breaks on the market and then now the news (and people) are freaking out now that market is slowing

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
To be fair we raised interest rates to put the breaks on the market and then now the news (and people) are freaking out now that market is slowing
Ok

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I'll call it back to normal when my dealer has 200 trucks like they would have 3 years ago and not the 20 they have on site or "coming soon".

I've owned a half dozen or more new Ford trucks and rarely had to look beyond one dealer's inventory to find a good fit. Maybe once or twice they had to trade with another dealer. To get my 2022 at a reasonable price a few months ago I had to take a flight and drive 1800 miles home.
The dealer I bought my truck from has pretty much zero trucks for sale. Had a few used trucks. They were all parked nose to tail around the perimeter of the lot.
Sponsored