Sponsored

Truck saved me from an accident

Fordtough30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
So I just purchased my XLT FX4 302a with the 360 copilot assist 2.0 option. About 10 minutes after leaving the dealership on the highway I got a phone call on the sync screen and was fumbling with trying to answer it. As I looked down apparently the guy in front of me slammed on his breaks and the truck started flashing red and beeping and avoided me rear ending the car.

Very grateful for this feature and would recommend anyone on the fence to get it!
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
What exactly did it do for your? Just the beeping alerts for your attention, or did it take an evasive action for you?

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Did it automatically apply the brakes for you? Evasive steering maybe? Sorry, my current truck is a 2002 F150 so I have no idea what the new trucks can do. Someday maybe Ford will build my ordered truck and then I won't be so clueless.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Not sure, but I think the 'collision avoidance' feature will apply the brakes if something is sensed rapidly approaching the front. Won't steer out of the way, but will help when a turn is initiated.
I believe this is a standard feature across the board.

(Gonna have to look into this a bit closer)

I have no intention of testing this out, 'cause if it doesn't work as I interpreted it to work, chances are pretty good the front of the truck will get bent. Want no part of that.

Ford F-150 Truck saved me from an accident 1614515740969
Sponsored

Last edited: