Truck Delay Question

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
Hello! Checking so see if anyone on here knows the answers to this.

My truck was delayed like many others and I received an update today but they didn't have much for clarity so thought maybe someone on here might.

Initially it said under ETA computer chip shortage. Now it says under that manual adjusted. Thoughts on that?

Thanks.
Sponsored

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Odd.
Maybe it means they adjusted the wording in the owner's manual to remove mention of the features that your truck will no longer have because the modules that control them are missing. ;)

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired

My truck was delayed like many others and I received an update today but they didn't have much for clarity so thought maybe someone on here might.

Initially it said under ETA computer chip shortage. Now it says under that manual adjusted. Thoughts on that?

Thanks.
Hopefully that will be the description used for when the hobbits are sent into the parking lots to retrofit the missing modules into the vehicle... or perhaps that is wishful thinking ??

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Hopefully that will be the description used for when the hobbits are sent into the parking lots to retrofit the missing modules into the vehicle... or perhaps that is wishful thinking ??
LOL, thanks for the mental image of a bunch of short people with large harry feet disappearing from sight in the truck fields carrying burlap sacks full of modules.

Seriously though, chatter on the other forum has parking lot trucks getting shipped out so it might actually mean that.

MDH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired

Thanks.
Where do you see the "manual adjustment"? Is that from the Visability Report, or do you see that on the Ford tracker.

thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where do you see the "manual adjustment"? Is that from the Visability Report, or do you see that on the Ford tracker.

thanks
That was from the sales manager when I asked for an update. I've been leaning towards walking away from the truck based on I ordered in Nov of 2020 (plat, powerboost, every option basically) and pushed to oct but I don't want to buy a different vehicle if by a SLIM chance my truck might arrive in the next month...

Tough decisions.

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well now today it says "Microchip at plant on hold". Seems Ford doesn't know up from down or right from left based on everything. Rough times for auto manufacturers so I understand its tough but seems like they are just pulling answers out of a hat just as much as they are on which trucks are getting built in full. Chip purgatory.
Sponsored