First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm looking for ideas on how to add to the existing lighting. I'm sure I could buy some battery powered LED's and stick them in there but I'm sure someone has already found ways to implement this and make it look clean. Color changing LED strips would be really nice if there is a way to mount them without being seen like you would under a kitchen cabinet and not worry about the adhesive wearing off and having the strips fall down. Anyone already rigged something up or have links to where others have worked it out?
Sponsored

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I don’t have a truck to provide a detailed explanation, but couldn’t you use the thin self adhesive type LED strips you mentioned and put it under the rails then connect the wiring to the existing lights in the bed of the truck?

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I don’t have a truck to provide a detailed explanation, but couldn’t you use the thin self adhesive type LED strips you mentioned and put it under the rails then connect the wiring to the existing lights in the bed of the truck?
Yeah, I think that's the way to go. I did some research after this post and noticed that was common. If anyone comes across this thread and has specific recommendations about the best lights to get please feel free to post up. I think it would be cool to have color changing lights but most of the ones for sale on vehicle websites make you chose one color. I know that you can get them from Home Depot and Lowes for mounting under cabinets but I doubt that they are water proof.

bendrots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Check out the Oracle LED truck bed light kit. It comes with wiring harness and switch also.

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
@Littlefield82 Did you ever add any LED lights to your truck bed?

I found a good install video for the LED strips.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
@Littlefield82 Did you ever add any LED lights to your truck bed?

I found a good install video for the LED strips.
I haven't but the end result of that video is great and works exactly like I'd want. I've been busy working on other mods and the stock lighting was better than I thought it would be. If I do anything it will be stick on lighting that's battery operated as I'm not savvy with electrical work and don't want to put the time and effort into it.

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
Went with Starkey Products kit. Straight plug-n-play. No splicing, tapping, or re-wiring.
Sponsored