Sponsored

Truck bed drainage with drop in liner

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
I've got the factory drop in liner. Where does the water drain that gets underneath the liner? I installed a Ford tri-fold tonneau cover that was used previously on a 2018 Lariat. It didn't come with the drain tubes so picked up some clear tubing from Home Depot. I've just routed it to behind the cover as seen in the pic. Is that okay? The anchor points are also exposed in the bed so I have to imagine that there is some drainage.

Ford F-150 Truck bed drainage with drop in liner drain

Can someone share some pictures of their truck bed that doesn't have a liner installed so I can see if there are any holes for drainage?
Sponsored

Last edited:

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I'm kind of curious about this too. Living in the PNW, we're very accustomed to precipitation, so having drainage in my bed and/or a better cover would be ideal

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
You’ll be fine with just that tube. The water will drain out at the front of the bed. You can see this by lifting up the back of the liner and running a hose like you would to wash out the area under the liner. You can see the water drain out.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Not sure if there are actual drain HOLES in the truck, but I believe there is a small opening in a couple of spots between the floor and the front wall.

water has to drain somewhere ( liner in my former Ranger and new XLT)
there is no way on this planet that water will stay out of the bed with liner as they are just hanging out in the bed and not sealed.

I never did notice a waterline at the back of the ranger after a rainfall, so I will assume when the liner filled and waterfallEd of. The end of the liner, the water just rolled back to the front of the truck and drained out.
I did notice water lines behind the cab after a rain.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I've got the factory drop in liner. Where does the water drain that gets underneath the liner? I installed a Ford tri-fold tonneau cover that was used previously on a 2018 Lariat. It didn't come with the drain tubes so picked up some clear tubing from Home Depot. I've just routed it to behind the cover as seen in the pic. Is that okay? The anchor points are also exposed in the bed so I have to imagine that there is some drainage.

drain.jpg

Can someone share some pictures of their truck bed that doesn't have a liner installed so I can see if there are any holes for drainage?
I'm wondering if this worked, I'm about to install my tonneau cover with similar drain lines.

Thanks
Sponsored