Truck asking to Return to Eco Mode?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Today I noticed my truck asked me if I wanted to return to eco drive mode when I started it. Is that something new?

is there any documentation on updates and code releases?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
It does that. It will ask you for like 10-15 seconds if you want to go back to the last mode you had set it to. If you don't click 'OK' it will switch to Normal.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
It does that. It will ask you for like 10-15 seconds if you want to go back to the last mode you had set it to. If you don't click 'OK' it will switch to Normal.
I noticed that a few weeks ago when my truck asked me if I wanted to keep Sport mode on (or whatever it says). Cool.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Actually, it will ask if you want to return to any mode other than Normal on start up. I like it!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
For the Powerboost, you would think that Ford would have made Eco Mode the standard mode. Just my opinion, I suppose, but isn't running on electric power one of the perks/draws of the truck? I am certainly going to use Eco as much as possible. No reason not to for me, until I need the extra grunt.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So did you official truck owners figure out what causes it to remember vs not remember yet? Last I heard it was the duration of it being parked. Like overnight it forgets, but trips inside a store it remembers. Is there an owner that has figure out the algorithm?

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
So did you official truck owners figure out what causes it to remember vs not remember yet? Last I heard it was the duration of it being parked. Like overnight it forgets, but trips inside a store it remembers. Is there an owner that has figure out the algorithm?
I have been trying to figure it out. I thought it was if the key went out of range it reset, but that wasn't it. I wonder if it depends if it goes into that deep sleep mode.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have found the same thing for the first time. I was in eco mode last night, which is not the norm for me. This morning I saw where it asked if I wanted to continue in eco.

I think this is form all the complaints from previous models where, if you wanted to run other than normal, you had to select it after every time the truck was turned off. Just makes it a bit easier to keep it in one of the other drives.

I like it
Sponsored