• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I wish we didn’t have to pay 75k for the rear tail lighting. Like why?
I am hoping the aftermarket has a good solution for those of us who don't want to to up to a Lariat.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lets see if I have this right.

XLT Premium $56k
Extended tow $7k
Tow tech $1.5k
Max tow $865
9.6kWh Pro Power $1k.

$66.4k
$-12.5k Fed rebate
$-2.5k OR rebate
$-38K Sell Model 3

Not clear where the Ford Co-Pilot 360 is in all of that, gotta have it.

$13k net out of pocket.
It's probably going to be included with the Tow Tech and 360 camera package.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just went through the different options with the wife. She is leaning towards the Lariat with extended range battery, tow technology package, and all terrain tires (for snow). I was leaning more XLT+

I like everything the Lariat brings except the 15.5" screen. Need to think about that.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Just went through the different options with the wife. She is leaning towards the Lariat with extended range battery, tow technology package, and all terrain tires (for snow). I was leaning more XLT+

I like everything the Lariat brings except the 15.5" screen. Need to think about that.
I am looking at the same trims. The walk through video on another thread here shows the larger screen and I don’t hate is as much as I though I would.
I would love the self driving features and feel like I might kick myself down the road if I don’t get it for my hour commute which might require the lariat. Adaptive cruise is a must have though.

Sponsored

psiphre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
computer guy
Adaptive cruise is a must have though.
i've been driving a volt with adaptive cruise for a couple of years and i will never buy another vehicle without it! it's too nice. even for around town driving, i use it all the time.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am looking at the same trims. The walk through video on another thread here shows the larger screen and I don’t hate is as much as I though I would.
I would love the self driving features and feel like I might kick myself down the road if I don’t get it for my hour commute which might require the lariat. Adaptive cruise is a must have though.
I can take or leave blue cruise - very unlikely to pay the extra for it, but adaptive is very nice. The leather ventilated seats, nicer steering wheel and rear signature light are all big plusses of the Lariat for me. Memory seats are nice to to make it easier to swap drivers on road trips. I plan to go to the dealer later this summer and ask to sit in a 21 XLT and Lariat to get a better feel for the differences. Will try to get some Mach-e time as well to play with the infotainment.

Wife also wants me to get the tow technology so we can rent car trailers as needed and tow the Shelby to car shows further away (like the AM mustang show) - kids are getting to big to really fit in the back for any duration. This is probably be the last summer we can all comfortably drive in it.

Has there been any word of tow limits without the max tow package? Car plus a Uhaul rental trailer would be about 6k lbs.

electric_boogaloo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (preorder)
So far all sources have pointed to the 18 speaker B&O Unleashed sound system being exclusive to the Platinum trim. Has anyone found a source saying otherwise?

This is a must-have feature for me, and when you factor in the lack of tax credits on the Platinum I am now completely priced out. This really irks me, as the same system is currently an option from the Lariat up.

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
Has there been any word of tow limits without the max tow package? Car plus a Uhaul rental trailer would be about 6k lbs.
5,000 lb towing for standard range battery models without the Max Trailer Tow Package. Might also be true for extended range models sans said package but I haven't seen that figure spelled out explicitly one way or another anywhere.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I can take or leave blue cruise - very unlikely to pay the extra for it, but adaptive is very nice. The leather ventilated seats, nicer steering wheel and rear signature light are all big plusses of the Lariat for me. Memory seats are nice to to make it easier to swap drivers on road trips. I plan to go to the dealer later this summer and ask to sit in a 21 XLT and Lariat to get a better feel for the differences. Will try to get some Mach-e time as well to play with the infotainment.

Wife also wants me to get the tow technology so we can rent car trailers as needed and tow the Shelby to car shows further away (like the AM mustang show) - kids are getting to big to really fit in the back for any duration. This is probably be the last summer we can all comfortably drive in it.

As said above it looks like 5,000 with the standard battery Pro. The extended batter says “increases max towing capability from 7,700 to 10,000 when selecting the max tow trailer package”

So maybe 7,700 with the max tow and to increase to 10k you need the max tow and the extended range battery. Though the max tow option says 10k on it. ?‍♂

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
FWIW, Ford responded to request by the blog Electrek with the following:

Results from this survey will help us understand consumers’ demand for various models, options and accessories. This survey is not representative of final pricing or feature availability.​
So, they're at least saying that this is all still subject to change.

Here's hoping that they change their mind about allowing retail buyers to buy the Extended Range battery on the Pro!

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Any guesses on what the A/T tires will be? Will it be worth the mileage hit? Or will they develop some new A/T design that is more aerodynamic?…

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
We have the 15" screen in our Mach-E and I prefer the 12" screen in my F150. With the 15" screen all of the climate controls are digital, and you have to swap screens to get to many useful features like Max A/C, toggling between Heat/AC and adjusting Foot, vent, defrost. Also the slider/up+down buttons for changing the temperature set point are very hard to use if the road is bumpy at all (most of our roads here are concrete). On the 12" in my F150 I get plenty of screen real estate for Nav/Sat/Phone/Power monitoring, but still get physical buttons for climate control.

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
There is a LOT to consider that would make it hard to answer a survey like this without more information. Like will X Plan be available? Will there be good lease terms, or not? Will they offer Ford Options financing like they did on the Mach E (with a rebate). What will the tax credits be, and will there be a max MSRP to qualify? ALL of those (and probably more) items will have an impact not only on what trim I would buy, but IF I will buy. There are certain things I would really like only available in the Platinum, but that is a huge pill to swallow to get those things.

As it stands right now, I would lean to Lariat Plus, but damnit, I wanted the seats in the Platinum.

As to that shift lever, during the initial launch of the new F150, they said they surveyed truck owners and buyers and they did not WANT to lose that shift lever. Seems like a dumb thing, but Ford did survey their owners.
Sponsored