• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chiefer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150, 2017 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Business Operations Support Manager
In a survey emailed out today; Ford lists the different MSRP Pricing before and after tax credit for each trim.

Email contents:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing 1.jpg

It looks after you select which trim; some available option packing pricing is shown as follows:

PRO:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing Pro.png

XLT:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing XLT.png

XLT PREMIUM:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing XLT Premium.png

LARIAT:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing Lariat.png

LARIAT PREMIUM:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing Lariat Premium.png

PLATINUM:

F-150 Lighting Survey Pricing Platinum.png
This is encouraging but I hope the XLT has more ala carte options to select like a moonroof. I do wish the 15 inch screen was an option in the Lariat and Platinum instead of standard. I like all of the Lariat features but there is no way I could stand to have that massive, ungainly tablet. It's not just a design abomination but the XLT dash keeps knobs and buttons where they make much more sense and are safer to operate while driving.

As long as I am sharing my opinions, why can't ford offer a column shifter with the split row bench instead of buckets and a center console? Or least the column shifter instead of the console shifter?

I love my 2016 F-150 and added my name to the wait list for the F150 Lightning. I think it will be great to have an independent rear suspension (I don't tow), the amazing power and performance in an environmentally friendly package. But there are some traditional truck items I will miss. Unless Ford is reading and can make these things happen.
Sponsored

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning preorder
Occupation
Network Security Engineer
Did everyone who reserved get a survey? I didn't get a survey and reserved on 5/20.
I did not. I also haven't heard from my dealer like a bunch of folks have. Yes, I confirmed my registration is still in place as of 30 seconds ago. :)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
$90k for piano black in the most prominent location. ?

True! I didn't even think about that. That high gloss piano black looks great for about five minutes, then its scratch and swirl city! No matter how much you try to take care of it and protect it!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
True! I didn't even think about that. That high gloss piano black looks great for about five minutes, then its scratch and swirl city! No matter how much you try to take care of it and protect it!
I don't even know if you could put PPF over that patterned front end to protect it.

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Lets see if I have this right.

XLT Premium $56k
Extended tow $7k
Tow tech $1.5k
Max tow $865
9.6kWh Pro Power $1k.

$66.4k
$-12.5k Fed rebate
$-2.5k OR rebate
$-38K Sell Model 3

Not clear where the Ford Co-Pilot 360 is in all of that, gotta have it.

$13k net out of pocket.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
The big question will the Lightning have Mach-E like pricing? That is Invoice = MSRP? The caveat with the Mach-E is that it has 2% off the price + the $275 admin fee.

I ordered a 701 Plat PB 4x4 w/ TT. Price after discounts and $1,500 rebates is $64,544.

If I order a Lightning in the way I want it, here is the break down by my dealers typical price vs. the mache style price (estimated).
Dealer Pricing/Mach-e style pricing w/$7.5k rebate.

XLT: $52,682/$56,086
Lariat: $63,943/$68,752
Lariat+: $65,472/$70,398

Note: both include $1,500 in rebates.

Looks like a $4,500 to $5,000 increase in cost if they use Mach-E like pricing. I think it would be worth it for me to go with a Lariat, if it is.

I am currently setting a dead line of end of August for cancelling my order on my Plat. Need to figure if I should move that date up or not.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
As long as I am sharing my opinions, why can't ford offer a column shifter with the split row bench instead of buckets and a center console? Or least the column shifter instead of the console shifter?
Or instead of that bulky lever, use the same shift dial the Mach E and other recent model Mustangs use. It's all shift by wire anyway, right? That way you wouldn't need a silly motorized system to stow it away.

Ford F-150 Lightning Trim Pricing For 2022 F-150 Lightning Revealed in Survey Email! [Before and After Tax Credit] 122105298_10158656166978326_4327021162591967125_n

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
The fold away level is one of my favorite features! How often would you need to fold it away? I get your opinion on the Pro but the current ICE 150 is the same shifter. correct? I'm all for not getting into another Bronco debacle where so much is new.

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Or instead of that bulky lever, use the same shift dial the Mach E and other recent model Mustangs use. It's all shift by wire anyway, right? That way you wouldn't need a silly motorized system to stow it away.

122105298_10158656166978326_4327021162591967125_n.jpg
When they introduced the fold down shifter, I realized how pointless it was. I like shifters that zig and zag. If it just goes strait, then it is pointless. Go column or something else like the rotary nob. At 10 gears it is stupid, on a BEV w/ no gears I am dumb founded. The F-150 Lightning is a transition truck, which I don't mind. Not a fan of bat s* crazy like the Cybertruck. Tesla goes over board most of the time. Would like more function in the design.

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
I didn't get one and this thing seems fishy to me. It has spelling errors that are not likely to have been missed by even a basic review process.
Meanwhile on their official spec sheet it still says "whishbone" and "compatability".

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
How can the XLT be $13k more than the pro? It adds maybe 3-4K max worth of features?
Ford clearly slashed the margin of the Pro relative to the others to hit $39k.

It’s clearly not really worth $13k to get painted bumpers and cloth seats/floor... at least Ford doesn’t think so with the gas versions.

Gas XL to gas XLT, which is basically the same difference as Pro to XLT Lightning,
is only a $3k difference.

There's a huge interior bump. cloth seats vs vinyl, better dash/trim, carpet, etc.
Ford thinks the same bump from XL to XLT with gas trucks is worth ~$3k. $13k is a terrible deal for what you get going up to XLT unless there’s something extremely important for the buyer in it: like availability of the ER battery.

122105298_10158656166978326_4327021162591967125_n.jpg
Agreed. The foldaway shift lever is super dumb. It blew my mind when I first saw it fold down because it’s so uselessly complicated.

AZMotorgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'91 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
If there is a poll, I also received the survey.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The pricing is pretty unbelievable. A Lariat + is $72k after rebates. Figure maybe $500 in options + $1500 in destination and you have $74k. My Lariat MSRP was $73k, so the premium is only $1k! Of course I paid $68k, but even if the delta is $5k, it is still a great deal.
Sponsored