Tremor VS FX4 Video. Maybe a little biased

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Good to see videos, but man I wish these guys would do a little research about the trucks before they talk about some things like they are important.

Like saying the Tremor has 3.73 vs the 3.55 in the FX4 equipped, like that has something to do with FX4? My FX4 has a 3.73 rear! Wow! Must be a secret Tremor.

Plus talking about stuff like headlights and that, which is down to packaging on each truck. The Tremor could have the adaptive headlights on 402a. I feel like mentioning stuff like that is either down to lack of knowledge or just trying to drag out the video.

Guess I should just be happy he didn't compare a 402a Tremor to a 302a XLT FX4 and start saying how the Tremor package comes with leather seats and adaptive headlights and all that.

OP
OP
James Dean

James Dean

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4. 2015 Corvette 2018 Ford Explorer
Agreed. I have 3.73's on my 2013 FX4 max tow package.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Yeah, do research before you make a vid...sheesh.

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2019 VW Atlas, 2001 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Man I am super glad I switched to a leather version Tremor, that cloth is not for me.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Yeh Nice to see the 2 compared. But I would never leave out the fact that the Tremor can come with the torsen front LSD. Freakin priceless option. (Though I'm pretty sure you can add that to stock) And the hill decent button on Tremor he said was off road cruise control or something? LOL Like to know what it really is. And yeh I too have the 3.73 in a 4x4 Sport. Man I wish I had that aux switch panel though, I'd buy more gear just to have more stuff to hook up to them. Nice truck. Gives me more ideas for building up mine...bwah ha ha...

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Yeh Nice to see the 2 compared. But I would never leave out the fact that the Tremor can come with the torsen front LSD. Freakin priceless option. (Though I'm pretty sure you can add that to stock) And the hill decent button on Tremor he said was off road cruise control or something? LOL Like to know what it really is. And yeh I too have the 3.73 in a 4x4 Sport. Man I wish I had that aux switch panel though, I'd buy more gear just to have more stuff to hook up to them. Nice truck. Gives me more ideas for building up mine...bwah ha ha...
On the tremor it’s actually ford’s “trail control,” which many people do describe to be a sort of off road cruise control. You can set the speed in 4Lo in half mph increments between I think .5-5mph (maybe higher) and it will gas and brake to maintain that while the driver focuses on steering only.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Oxford_Powerboost
Wow trail control sounds nice ! I want one. OTA update ? Now I'm also wondering if I can cleanly cut my painted hood top and bottom and add what looks like functional venting?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...priceless option...
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-4204-F150LS

More like $650 plus labor, with the stock open diff MSRP being $250 from Ford.

Ford also still mentions 4.10 gears on their website.

In addition to the Trail Control, it lists Trail Turn Assist which they made a big deal about on the Bronco; where it will brake the inside rear wheel in tight turns.

Ford F-150 Tremor VS FX4 Video. Maybe a little biased 18DB0AC1-79A1-419D-BCED-2417CE4BF220

Hopefully adding the upfitter switches to the 2021+ will get figured out and documented soon. It sucks Ford is using such a utilitarian option for one of the Tremor F-150 'exclusives' since it would probably be utilized by consumers most in XL work trucks.
Sponsored