Tremor suspension on Powerboost

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Coll4646 I just bought the icon kit ships in a couple weeks. Hopefully it was worth the money. 🤞
Man it’s down to $2,727 from $3,400 right now. Really tempted to grab it but haven’t seen any feedback on it. I assume the price will be back up again once you get yours and install it lol

Did you get the full kit with the knuckles?
Sponsored

Cooder_Graw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost 4x4
So I bought the knuckles first with the thought of using Halo lifts coils and JBA UCA’s . I spoke to JBA and the owner said he couldn’t confirm that his upper control arms would work with the icon knuckles and basically said they didn’t plan on looking into working with the icon knuckles, because there wasn’t enough money into it. When I started looking to the halo lifts, I spoke to them and they weren’t sure if their product which doesn’t make sense at why work with Icon knuckles. So I did want to mess around so just got the tremor stage one which is the UCA pros and the coils and the rear shocks minus the knuckles, which would’ve been a better deal if I had bought it altogether.

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
So I bought the knuckles first with the thought of using Halo lifts coils and JBA UCA’s . I spoke to JBA and the owner said he couldn’t confirm that his upper control arms would work with the icon knuckles and basically said they didn’t plan on looking into working with the icon knuckles, because there wasn’t enough money into it. When I started looking to the halo lifts, I spoke to them and they weren’t sure if their product which doesn’t make sense at why work with Icon knuckles. So I did want to mess around so just got the tremor stage one which is the UCA pros and the coils and the rear shocks minus the knuckles, which would’ve been a better deal if I had bought it altogether.
How are you liking the Icon set? Still debating pulling the trigger on it lol

Probably going to get the set w/ the knuckles and UCA's and move up to 295/65/20 tires pretty soon

Cooder_Graw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost 4x4
Ok man . I got everything just a week ago. Still trying to figure out what to do to make the rear to keep leave with the front. icon just released an update package with leaf . Seems like 1.5 up in the rear should keep me level. 🤞

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Some measurements on the stock struts

2022 F150 strut 21.5” extended (Fox measuring method)
16.44” collapsed
5.06” shaft travel

I installed the 15-20 Fox snap rings set to 3rd perch from the bottom. Provided 2” of lift. Same height as the motofab 2” spacers.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1329

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1330

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1332

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1278

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1341

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Used my FordPass points and ordered the ford performance front torsen from the tremor/raptor. Should be the last stop for this journey.

Thinking this should make up some ground for stepping down in tire aggressiveness.

Edit: have all the parts. Shooting to tear into it Saturday morning

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost image

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost image

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Drank a redbull a little too late in the day yesterday and after dinner this happened.
got it started on my driveway. Luckily we have a warm spell, about 36 and about 45 today. When in Rome.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1358

Primed some new ford performance ring gear bolts.
Also planning to run loctite 638 between the ring gear and the carrier per ford performance rear gear set directions. Never used the stuff.
Can be found here. Any input on the loctite?
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-4209-8.pdf

Edit: loctite is in. Also have a case spreader on the way. This one is tighter than most.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_1362

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost httpsperformanceparts.ford.comdownloadinstructionsheetsFordInstShtM-4209-8.pdf

Last edited:

Sponsored