First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
I feel like that's the kind of rake I need, so that the a$$ end isn't too squatty when I hook up to my trailer. Thanks for the pics, helps to visualize.
Sponsored

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Did you ever complete your squat test? Curious about your result.
Sorry for the delay, guys.
(US) 402a w/trailer tow package
8000 pound trailer without the WD hitch engaged ~1100 pound tongue weight with the hitch
1/2 inch squat from a 5 inch rake

With 400 pounds (me and a dog) in the bed, 1100 pound tongue weight and weight distribution hitch connected, there was roughly a 1 inch rake. I still need to call Deavers to see what they recommend.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Sorry for the delay, guys.
(US) 402a w/trailer tow package
8000 pound trailer without the WD hitch engaged ~1100 pound tongue weight with the hitch
1/2 inch squat from a 5 inch rake

With 400 pounds (me and a dog) in the bed, 1100 pound tongue weight and weight distribution hitch connected, there was roughly a 1 inch rake. I still need to call Deavers to see what they recommend.
If you removed the 2" ? thick Tremor rear axle spacer block and replaced it with the regular 1.25" F150 4x4 block, it would be just about right to get truck a little closer to level and still handle heavy trailer tongue weight without below level squat.

crvz

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor (order), 2019 M2
I pulled the lift block off the rear axle this weekend. I bought the 2WD u-bolts, it was very easy to do the work in the garage. The rake on my truck with about a 1/2 tank of gas was on the higher end... 38.5" top of fender at the front, near 43" in the rear. With those blocks out its about 41" in the rear now, so way less pronounced. I don't do any towing, so I don't mind losing a little travel in the rear, and I have very little margin (~2") in the garage door height so I didnt want to lift the front.

Sponsored

CMC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor 402A (ordered)
I pulled the lift block off the rear axle this weekend. I bought the 2WD u-bolts, it was very easy to do the work in the garage. The rake on my truck with about a 1/2 tank of gas was on the higher end... 38.5" top of fender at the front, near 43" in the rear. With those blocks out its about 41" in the rear now, so way less pronounced. I don't do any towing, so I don't mind losing a little travel in the rear, and I have very little margin (~2") in the garage door height so I didnt want to lift the front.
Would you mind posting a pic of your truck's stance now that you have the rear block removed? I've been thinking of doing the same.

Raymonjd

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 tremor
Here you go, @CMC

AB7EADF9-F1A7-4B73-94BA-21EECF2A2401.jpeg
Really like the look of this and have been thinking of going the same route initially when I take delivery. Do you know if it causes any negative effect or premature wear on the suspension components? Also, any noticeable change in ride quality?

crvz

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really like the look of this and have been thinking of going the same route initially when I take delivery. Do you know if it causes any negative effect or premature wear on the suspension components? Also, any noticeable change in ride quality?
Don't have enough miles to really know one way or the other on difference in ride quality, though I'd say there's nothing I've noticed negative about it. I had about 2500 miles before I pulled them out, I've got about 100 miles since.

I'm not a big suspension guru (although I did take an automotive engineering elective as part of my degree 20 years past, where I both learned and forgot how to calculate all the pertinent performances of springs and dampers), but I'd be surprised if there is a significant impact on the variety of components. The springs are under a little more tension, but nothing is near maxed out. There should still be plenty of travel for normal conditions. If you were using your truck for extreme activities regularly, such as heavy towing, heavy payloads, lots of rock crawling, etc., you might consider something else, but for typical mall crawling with the occasional load or tow you should be fine.

Sponsored

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
Looks pretty much level with just a slight rake now. I really like how that turned out. Thanks for posting.
That looks much better.

SinCityF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Here you go, @CMC

AB7EADF9-F1A7-4B73-94BA-21EECF2A2401.jpeg
I was going to go this route, instead I went berserk and added coilovers, matching rear shocks, method 18x9 wheels and 295s. I also took out the big 2.25” block and replaced with a 1” block as I didn’t want the back to be lower than a regular FX4, but damn yours looks good!

cjreyes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Do you have the part number of the 2WD U-bolts that you used? Your truck looks great and I want to do this exact thing to my '22 once I get it.

Kenn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Lariat
I also took the rear blocks out, and for me it now sits perfect. I went to Oregon Spring in Tualatin and they made the U-bolts in about 5 minutes for $55. Obviously not convenient for most people but you may have a similar shop close by.

crvz

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have the part number of the 2WD U-bolts that you used? Your truck looks great and I want to do this exact thing to my '22 once I get it.
I bought 4 of these: ML3Z5705A
Sponsored