Tremor Rake - We All See It

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Can you get the Max Trailer Tow with the Tremor? I played with the build and price and didn't see it? Hardware-wise I think it changes from the semi-float to the 3/4 float rear, and that comes with a miniscule increase in brake size (just enough to confuse the parts guy a few years from now), but it may increase payload. As noted above, the payload is the real limiting factor on the towing envelope.
Max Tow is not available with the Tremor, just the Trailer Tow package. In the 2021 F150 tech manual I was only able to identify a different radiator and solid sway bars as the unique features of the trailer tow package.
Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
It’s sucks that the only truck you can get without rake from the factory is a damn raptor.

Kenn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Lariat
Forgive my stupidity, but I assume that if you lower the rear 1.5" you would lose that much suspension travel, but would you also stiffen the ride? I would rather do that than go through the effort and expense of raising the front the same amount. I hate the rake we're seeing and it's annoying that when you do a build on the Ford website the Tremor is almost perfectly level.

Sponsored

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Also forgive another dumb question along the rake lines.. if You go with a level kit are you going to be losing ride quality? I know there are simple kits with just spacers, but for those of you looking at the fox kit..are you essentially replacing the special tremor suspension that we are paying if you go with that one?

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Also forgive another dumb question along the rake lines.. if You go with a level kit are you going to be losing ride quality? I know there are simple kits with just spacers, but for those of you looking at the fox kit..are you essentially replacing the special tremor suspension that we are paying if you go with that one?
From what I've read, the tremor shocks are basically the FX4 shocks up front, and then the FX4 shocks in the back, but with the addition of a dual resovoir, and Tremor stickers. Folks on the level kit thread have replaced their FX4 shocks with the Fox/roush and stated improvements in handling, ride, and body roll. Who knows how legit the improvements are or if it's worth roughly $2k once installed.

I am trying to talk myself into living with the rake for a bit and really trying to feel it out before I determine if I need to spend that money.

A spacer lift will retain oem ride quality, slightly stiffer if anything, but there are already posts (here, elsewhere, on manufacturers' websites) about weird clunks and rubs after install due to changed steering geometry which could definitely cause parts to wear faster/issues.

Just my observations, take it FWIW.

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
From what I've read, the tremor shocks are basically the FX4 shocks up front, and then the FX4 shocks in the back, but with the addition of a dual resovoir, and Tremor stickers. Folks on the level kit thread have replaced their FX4 shocks with the Fox/roush and stated improvements in handling, ride, and body roll. Who knows how legit the improvements are or if it's worth roughly $2k once installed.

I am trying to talk myself into living with the rake for a bit and really trying to feel it out before I determine if I need to spend that money.

A spacer lift will retain oem ride quality, slightly stiffer if anything, but there are already posts (here, elsewhere, on manufacturers' websites) about weird clunks and rubs after install due to changed steering geometry which could definitely cause parts to wear faster/issues.

thanks for the info bro! Probably let someone else be the guinea pig before I try anything. And yea I feel like the rake will hopefully grow on me that way I don’t have to bother with anything but we’ll see!!

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Forgive my stupidity, but I assume that if you lower the rear 1.5" you would lose that much suspension travel, but would you also stiffen the ride? I would rather do that than go through the effort and expense of raising the front the same amount. I hate the rake we're seeing and it's annoying that when you do a build on the Ford website the Tremor is almost perfectly level.
Depending on if you intend on towing close to the max, you could remove the blocks under the rear springs. I doubt you'll lose any travel but if you do, you'll feel it hit the bed.
I'm trying to find exact specs on travel length on the front Fox 2.0 but expect to keep the rear shocks and go with the Deavers springs.

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

That's interesting info about the tremor shocks. I was under the impression that other tremor models received shocks that were noticeably better than fx4 shocks. Can you link the discussion on the f150 tremor shocks?

Sponsored

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid

If these are in fact FX4 shocks, I won't shed a tear replacing them something reasonable. I'm going to try to get out to a dealer with stock and see how much that rake goes away with my fat ass over the axle. I figure my normal cargo is about 450 pounds and my 340 pounds may work to my advantage.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
That's interesting info about the tremor shocks. I was under the impression that other tremor models received shocks that were noticeably better than fx4 shocks. Can you link the discussion on the f150 tremor shocks?
Any article out there basically says the exact same thing...existing shocks have been re-tuned/re-valved/re-damped, etc.....but the increase in height comes from the springs. only shocks that would handle the extra 1.5" of travel = FX4. I have yet to find anything that says they are new shocks, which would lead me to believe they are adjusted (valved) for the increased travel and will soak up bumps a bit better in the rear due to the extra oil capacity.
Ford F-150 Tremor Rake - We All See It Screenshot_20210823-214240_Google

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any article out there basically says the exact same thing...existing shocks have been re-tuned/re-valved/re-damped, etc.....but the increase in height comes from the springs. only shocks that would handle the extra 1.5" of travel = FX4. I have yet to find anything that says they are new shocks, which would lead me to believe they are adjusted (valved) for the increased travel and will soak up bumps a bit better in the rear due to the extra oil capacity.
Screenshot_20210823-214240_Google.jpg
Ahh I see. I don't find these articles to be too useful as most of them are just copy and pasting from some media guidance released from ford. It's funny how many of these articles covering tremors were released at the same time and had word for word descriptions of tremor features and equipment. In that second one from the screenshot for example it speaks to returned springs and paired with monotubes front, dual tubes rear.

Based on what the f250 and ranger tremors received, it would be rather odd for the f150 to receive a new tremor trim but be the only tremor without new shocks. We can keep fingers crossed I guess.

Last edited:

Black_Tremor

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I really like the idea of removing/replacing the blocks above the rear axle. Anyone messed with those before? Easy to get out?

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
I really like the idea of removing/replacing the blocks above the rear axle. Anyone messed with those before? Easy to get out?
Did it on a 2wd single cab 10 years ago (little brother's truck), it took an hour with a floor jack and hand tools. On that truck it resulted in perfect level, but the minute you put anything in the bed it looked like a pre runner. Will be interesting to see the results on the tremor.
Sponsored