Tremor MPG

pyrocpu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Palisade, 2015 R1200R
Occupation
Auto OEM product planner
High side of 13mpg right now, just under 700mi on the clock.
100% city, with most of the time spent in Eco and the Eco Coach (or whatever it's called) usually around the 95% mark. Tires are 40psi hot too! Sigh.
Sponsored

Kevincuomo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Tremor
My 2022 Tremor has about 1400 miles on it and I have a mix of highway/city and im getting 19.2 MPG on this almost empty tank of gas i am on now. I usually watch the Eco coach bar and try not to slam the gas unless i absolutely have too.

I think my overall MPG since i bought the truck is around 18.5 but i went pretty heavy on the peddle after i picked it up from the dealer.

GChurch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Tremor 402a
Glad I’m not alone. I get 14.5 on a good day. Managed to squeak out 17 once on a day long highway trip.
Kind of weird but 4A doesn’t seem to hurt fuel economy in the slightest (not sport mode), and I even see better mpg sometimes. Has anyone else noticed this?

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
Glad I’m not alone. I get 14.5 on a good day. Managed to squeak out 17 once on a day long highway trip.
Kind of weird but 4A doesn’t seem to hurt fuel economy in the slightest (not sport mode), and I even see better mpg sometimes. Has anyone else noticed this?
If 4A works the way I think it does, it's essentially still in 2 wheel drive, unless there is wheel-spin detected from the rear, at which point it diverts some power to the front. I believe it is based on the same technology that gave my old Isuzu Vehicross the awesome AWD traction it had which was made by Borg Warner.

FoundryMan12

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Jeep Wagoneer, 23 Raptor
2022 with 5,500 miles and my average is 15.2 mpg. Most I saw was about 17 mpg in about perfect conditions with the wind at my back lol. Definitely not great considering that is almost all highway driving. Although the cruise is set at about 80 most of the time. I don't really care much because I love the truck but I was surprised how bad it is on gas. Had a Grand Cherokee with the Hemi V8 before this truck and would average 21-23 on the same trips at the same speed.

Sponsored

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
2022 with 5,500 miles and my average is 15.2 mpg. Most I saw was about 17 mpg in about perfect conditions with the wind at my back lol. Definitely not great considering that is almost all highway driving. Although the cruise is set at about 80 most of the time. I don't really care much because I love the truck but I was surprised how bad it is on gas. Had a Grand Cherokee with the Hemi V8 before this truck and would average 21-23 on the same trips at the same speed.
Yep, I agree. As long as you're content with a highway speed of 65mph or so, you can get probably 18. If you want to go 70-80, you're going to pay for it.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I'm honestly very surprised on the MPG of the tremor, I have a 5.0 4x4 crew cab 5.5 bed 3.73 gears leveled on 315/70/17 (34.5 inch Diameter) and get 15.8 average right now on moderately aggressive driving with auto start stop always turned off. If I reset on a long highway trip it creeps up to about 19 mpg. I'm thinking maybe with the bigger tires the 3.5 needs to get into boost more to accelerate and burns more fuel? Either that or the active air dam really does make a difference.
Also could just be because of break in. After a few thousand miles change the oil to flush all the break in gunk out, run full synthetic oil, premium fuel, and reset you mpg calculator to see if you get a difference? I reset mine every time I fill up my tank so its more accurate. If you leave it how it came since the factory it could take a while for it to creep back up to an accurate number because its reading overall MPG since the last reset which could be thousands of miles.

Last edited:

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
I think you hit on it with the boost/torque piece. I believe the V8 can lug and pull highway speeds easier than the TTV6. I think it spins up boost and cranks up the fuel to make the power to run 80 against the wind.

doocatracer08

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FORD F150 TREMOR, BLACK, 402A
Occupation
designer
just did my first trip, average was 13mpg, did 400 miles with an average of 67mph, and 50 of those miles was city, average on highway was at least 70+ mph for the other 350 miles.

these mpg's are hand calculated and with my 35" tires and level

i did not account for the 6% loss due to tire size and inaccurate mph/miles reading,
so its an actual average of 13.8 mpg's

drive mode: it was a mix of sport, eco, and normal, mostly on cruise control

no complaints on handeling, power and overall ride, even with the load range E tires at 40psi

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
Once you swap out for larger/heavier tires the rolling resistance game begins. Hills brings on boost sooner to accommodate for all that as well as maintaining speed. Sadly, with 3.73 gears and adding all the other things together you will be well under 20 mpg, but overall they are beautiful trucks.
I was researching tires etc., for my truck and found the OEM Tremor tires are approx 45-46 pounds each. Anything larger mostly as far as any brand goes was well into the 50#+ range being LT tire and E rating.

Sponsored

Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
400 on the clock..getting 13.9 mpg hand calculated. My 21 5.0 was doing nearly 20 hand calculated; both having 3.73s. I hope it gets better after break-in, or I really underestimated that active air dam.

trexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F160 XLT
Getting about what I've hoped for so far. Roughly 18mpg average for the 1700m I've put on so far. Sometimes a bit lower or higher depending on how much city driving.

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
I have about 20k miles on my 2022 with a 2" level and stock tires. Overall I have 17.4mpg (including some trail running and lots of idle time), current trip is at 19mpg over the last couple thousand miles.

James Dean

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4. 2015 Corvette 2018 Ford Explorer
Its going to be interesting to see the difference in MPG with the 5.0 VS the 3.5 in a level Tremor with larger tires.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
If 4A works the way I think it does, it's essentially still in 2 wheel drive, unless there is wheel-spin detected from the rear, at which point it diverts some power to the front. I believe it is based on the same technology that gave my old Isuzu Vehicross the awesome AWD traction it had which was made by Borg Warner.
Replying months later....

But it engages the front axles in 4A, so they are spinning and being accelerated even if not drive is going to them, which takes energy.

However, at least Lariats are now coming with no IWEs, so they are spinning the front drive train all the time with no change in the city MPG rating from Ford.
Sponsored