Transmission temp gauge seems odd

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
The software guys display what they think you want to know not the actual reading. I find this very frustrating to the point that I put in regular analog gauges...
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The software guys display what they think you want to know not the actual reading. I find this very frustrating to the point that I put in regular analog gauges...
Exactly. And Ford is far from the only manufacturer that does this.
Even a Porsche engine coolant temp gauge is so weighted that it's useless until the car is actually overheating.

But unlike Ford, there's no hack for getting the real Coolant and transmission temps displayed on the dash. So that's actually a really nice feature that Ford makes available

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Well, whatever the case, it’s ridiculous to have a gauge in a new vehicle that doesn’t even work.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
So... How do I turn on real numbers on the dashboard?
You don't. These guys don't have the same cluster as us, and are not talking about the same thing as us. The dealer "fixed" mine with a software update, it work 95% of the time now.

If you start your truck, drive some, shut it off and restart it, it should operate normally. (until it gets cold again)
Sponsored