Sponsored

Transmission temp gauge seems odd

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
After taking my big girl in for the 6th time regarding this issue and escalating to the BBB and the customer service manager for the truck division in Michigan, I finally got an answer. Seems there's an issue with the software. The digital signal being sent to the analog gauge isn't being interpreted correctly when the tranny is cold. Programmers are working on a fix and once they can confirm via in house testing, they'll be rolling the software update out.

Wether or not this was told to me to keep me from coming back for a while, well, we'll see. Just thought I'd update now that I had something new to share.
Helpful update - thanks for sharing! Hopefully this fixed my locking compass is too…

I told my dealer not to worry with it as I assumed it was a software related issue. 3 months of ownership and I don’t think I’ve seen an OTA update install yet tho…
Sponsored

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
Helpful update - thanks for sharing! Hopefully this fixed my locking compass is too…

I told my dealer not to worry with it as I assumed it was a software related issue. 3 months of ownership and I don’t think I’ve seen an OTA update install yet tho…
there is a SSM for the compass issue . its is an update for the TCU I just did it today

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
Special service message. Not over the air. Takes a long time even with a computer hooked up

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
HEY! The subject is tranny gauge! Mine stays near cold all the time.

Sponsored

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
same here, but if you run it for a bit then restart the truck it comes back. YOU ALL NEED TO CONTACT YOUR DEALERS AND HAVE THE SERVICE WRITTER WRITE THIS UP OR IT WILL NEVER GET FIXXED. IT NEEDS TO GET TO THE TECH SO THEY CAN REPORT IT TO THERE FORD HOTLINE AND THEN ENGINEERING WILL INVESTIGATE. WE ALL NEED TO DUE THIS, ESPECIALLY WHILE ITS UNDER WARRANTY, IT ITS 100% NOT WORKING RIGHT AND IF THEY DONT BELIEVE YOU COMPARE IT TO A LIKE UNIT

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
After taking my big girl in for the 6th time regarding this issue and escalating to the BBB and the customer service manager for the truck division in Michigan, I finally got an answer. Seems there's an issue with the software. The digital signal being sent to the analog gauge isn't being interpreted correctly when the tranny is cold. Programmers are working on a fix and once they can confirm via in house testing, they'll be rolling the software update out.

Wether or not this was told to me to keep me from coming back for a while, well, we'll see. Just thought I'd update now that I had something new to share.
Have you spoken with your service manager in a while to see when this update will be released?

Saroyal

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Same trans temp and compass issues with my 21 5.0 4X4 XL STX FX4. Ford told my dealer it would be next year before a fix for the temp gauge.

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Something interesting happened two days ago. It worked on the first start up. The weather was near freezing. Not sure if the extra cold ambient temps made it kick in but today it was near 50° and it didn’t work. I have yet to contact dealer.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Forscan to the rescue?

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX 4x4 VELOCITY BLUE
Occupation
Integration Engineer
I know this is an older thread, but I just purchased my 2021 STX 2.7 4x4 in Feb 2022 new. (New 2021 in 2022 yea I know) I thought I was crazy noticing on cold start the gauge for trans is very low but if I shut it off then start it warm the gauge jumps to the middle. Thought I was crazy but Im starting to think the trans shutter and temp is all related now. Mine shutters at 70+ and the temp seems unreliable. I haven't taken it in yet because I dont think its that annoying and hey the power tran warranty is good till 2027 or 60k so their that.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The dash gauges are not actual gauges.
They are graphic images with no correlation to sensor data, but rather a pre-determined representation by designers.

If you enable digital temps or monitor pids via the ODB port you will see true sensor based values.

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
My truck was in for other issues and I had them look at the transmission gauge. They told me in a round about way that there’s no fix for it. I don’t tow on a regular basis so I’m not too concerned about it but the gauge is there and should be working. No other manufacturer I’ve dealt with has sent me away with no fix for a new vehicle. Ford has done this with two vehicles now and it’s a wonder I even buy Ford anymore.
Sponsored