Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
Ok let’s get back on topic people. Gas prices suck but what can we do

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Mine has this problem, saw all these comments and thought, awesome a solution...but it's just talk about gas prices. Folks if your gas prices are high your paying for all your social programs. Move somewhere else, get people to vote different, or stop complaining.

I've read elsewhere, I think in the Tech>Sync, Nav ... forum that some are having problems with both trans temp fluctuations and frozen compass. I noticed my compass once before and have been watching this temp gauge just in case it starts misbehavin
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. My compass is off and Im having this temp sensor issue as well. 800 miles.

Last edited:

Phrozenfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 2.7L STX
2.7L STX here. Have had the same issue with my tranny gauge since day one. Been back at Ford 3 times. First time they replaced the instrument cluster. Second time they sent me home after saying, "You know, you're the only person with this issue." Way to invalidate my concern. This last time they flat out told me "It's supposed to do that. It's not like any gauge you've had before." I guess to them my $45,000 is worth less than everyone else's.

Taco40

First Name
ND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Having the same issue on my 21 2.7 STX with about 800 miles on it now. After reading your post I'm reluctant to even bother taking it back to the dealer. Maybe its a sending unit issue rather than the gauge cluster.

Sponsored

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Same issue here. ‘21 XL 4x4 5.0 10spd. I only have 281 miles on this thing and it did it on the second time I drove it. Now it does it every time. Haven’t had it to the dealer but will post here with the outcome. I have read elsewhere this is the sending unit inside the transmission.

Phrozenfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 2.7L STX
Same issue here. ‘21 XL 4x4 5.0 10spd. I only have 281 miles on this thing and it did it on the second time I drove it. Now it does it every time. Haven’t had it to the dealer but will post here with the outcome. I have read elsewhere this is the sending unit inside the transmission.
Please keep us updated. If this is the fix I'm going back to the dealer right away and raising hell.

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Please keep us updated. If this is the fix I'm going back to the dealer right away and raising hell.
Definitely. Not sure exactly when I’ll get to take it in. Today, it works. Go figure. I’m sure the day I take it in it’ll work and never act up while they have it. Gonna try and get in next week if possible.

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Has anyone gotten a proper fix for this yet? I had it in once and was told my transmission just runs cool…. Complete BS.

i noticed mine never works on a cold start but once the truck is warm and I shut it off and come back to turn it on it works….

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Has anyone gotten a proper fix for this yet? I had it in once and was told my transmission just runs cool…. Complete BS.

i noticed mine never works on a cold start but once the truck is warm and I shut it off and come back to turn it on it works….
This is exactly what mine does. It’s hard for me to bring myself to allowing my local Ford dealer to look at it. I don’t have a reliable dealer to deal with that’s close by so I’d rather just wait it out and see if the PCM update that’s coming will fix it.

Got a letter regarding a no start condition related to oil level and oil life reminder. They say an update is coming for this. Anyway, maybe that’ll take care of it and my backup camera that stopped working for a day but now works again lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
This is exactly what mine does. It’s hard for me to bring myself to allowing my local Ford dealer to look at it. I don’t have a reliable dealer to deal with that’s close by so I’d rather just wait it out and see if the PCM update that’s coming will fix it.

Got an email regarding a no start condition related to oil level and oil life reminder. They say an update is coming for this. Anyway, maybe that’ll take care of it and my backup camera that stopped working for a day but now works again lol.
Your truck sounds like mine…. I had the same camera issue.

i just dropped mine in the shop to get the vibration at 75-80mph looked at again and they gave me an STX identical to mine with a 2.7 instead of 5.0 as a loaner. It shakes worse than mine but the trans temp gauge does the exact thing…

but this truck shifts way smoother than mine. Mine lurches between 2-4 gear. This one is butter smooth…

With what you said - I’m about to call the dealer and tell them to forget about the gauge and look at my transmission roughness instead and fix the vibration which I’m starting to believe is just these shotty Hankook tires

weaveredge

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Your truck sounds like mine…. I had the same camera issue.

i just dropped mine in the shop to get the vibration at 75-80mph looked at again and they gave me an STX identical to mine with a 2.7 instead of 5.0 as a loaner. It shakes worse than mine but the trans temp gauge does the exact thing…

but this truck shifts way smoother than mine. Mine lurches between 2-4 gear. This one is butter smooth…

With what you said - I’m about to call the dealer and tell them to forget about the gauge and look at my transmission roughness instead and fix the vibration which I’m starting to believe is just these shotty Hankook tires
Mine shifts firm and has lurched into 1st when coming to a stop. Kinda scary! Generally it shifts good but can get confused on when and how hard to downshift. I’m convinced newer computer controlled vehicles go through a “learning curve” and adjust themselves as they go along. Some are worse than others maybe?

For what it’s worth, my wife’s ‘18 Durango RT had some computer relate “glitches” early on. PCM updates fixed it all. Now it has 40k and haven’t had any issues for a long while.

I’ll give the F-150 some more time before getting too bent about it. Drives really good overall and is super smooth at highway speeds. It came with Pirelli Scorpions.

Phrozenfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 2.7L STX
After taking my big girl in for the 6th time regarding this issue and escalating to the BBB and the customer service manager for the truck division in Michigan, I finally got an answer. Seems there's an issue with the software. The digital signal being sent to the analog gauge isn't being interpreted correctly when the tranny is cold. Programmers are working on a fix and once they can confirm via in house testing, they'll be rolling the software update out.

Wether or not this was told to me to keep me from coming back for a while, well, we'll see. Just thought I'd update now that I had something new to share.

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
HELLO EVERYONE, I have the same issue, 21 F150 xl 2wd with the 3.3. I have a FDRS and have looked at the PIDS while the gauge is not working, the voltage is good and the quality is good and the temperature in the PIDS is accurate, however the analog gauge is still stuck. I updated my PCM to the latest calibration and it worked for a day then stopped working. I am super upset as this is my first new vehicle and I expected more. We all need to make sure this gets fixxed. I did the IPC self test and the needle moves when it does the sweep and have no codes there. So maybe I need to update my GATEWAY MODULE. If I find out anything I will let you all know, I too have contacted a field service engineer at ford and I am going to submit something to there technical support. software is okay but it better not be a bad wire or something

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
After taking my big girl in for the 6th time regarding this issue and escalating to the BBB and the customer service manager for the truck division in Michigan, I finally got an answer. Seems there's an issue with the software. The digital signal being sent to the analog gauge isn't being interpreted correctly when the tranny is cold. Programmers are working on a fix and once they can confirm via in house testing, they'll be rolling the software update out.

Wether or not this was told to me to keep me from coming back for a while, well, we'll see. Just thought I'd update now that I had something new to share.
Have you heard what the update is for like which module ?
Sponsored