Transmission shudder

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Would Ford like the rest of our vin numbers from those having the same problems??
I wouldn't hold your breath. This Ford Rep reached out to me last week and I provided all my info. They told me the Ford Truck division would be getting in touch with me.

A week later not a word from Ford.
Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
shutter seams to be getting worse here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TylerL55

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT, 2010 King Ranch
Occupation
Controls Engineer
I took the truck back to the dealership I purchased it from hoping they could see the code after the engine light blinked. I heard back and they said the engine is misfiring and that is what is causing the shudder. They are currently investigating what's causing the misfire.
They said nothing is wrong with the transmission and the torque convertor never needed to be replaced. ?‍♂

So now we are back at square one with the same issue, but at least they are getting somewhere.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I took the truck back to the dealership I purchased it from hoping they could see the code after the engine light blinked. I heard back and they said the engine is misfiring and that is what is causing the shudder. They are currently investigating what's causing the misfire.
They said nothing is wrong with the transmission and the torque convertor never needed to be replaced. ?‍♂

So now we are back at square one with the same issue, but at least they are getting somewhere.
Interesting! I have an appointment on the 12th. I’ll let the dealership know about a possible misfire

Chase

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL 3.5 Ecoboost
Found another thread for others who are having the same issue.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/shudder-jerking-issue-when-accelerating-508814/

Posted a few months ago about same issue (2021 Supercrew 3.5 EB). Approaching 5000 miles now and problem is still present…8, 9 and 10th gears have what feels like a misfire/shudder/rumble strip under light highway acceleration. Been to the dealer once and got the normal response like everyone else. Will be going back soon because service advisor said they've had a few others with same problem. But wait, how’s it a “problem” coming from the service advisors mouth but documentation from the tech shows “No concern or issue” ?

Ford, you’re letting your F150 fans slowly slip away…

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
I wouldn't hold your breath. This Ford Rep reached out to me last week and I provided all my info. They told me the Ford Truck division would be getting in touch with me.

A week later not a word from Ford.
Been 20 days since they asked for my VIN and I've followed up with the rep about 9 days in. Never heard from them...

zsify03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 3.5 Eco
Occupation
State Employee
Checking in to see if anyone has got anywhere with this issue.

Update - I have been running 93 for the past week and half. From what I can feel, it has helped the shudder significantly, which makes me suspect there is an issue with the engine. I plan on running it for the next few weeks on longer trips to confirm.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
I dropped my truck off earlier this week to the dealership and they said they couldn't replicate the issue... I asked the service manager if one of their techs could take a ride with me so I could reproduce the issue with them in my truck. Their master tech took a ride with me last night and the shudder came out with full force (I was so happy) and he said this is definitely not normal. They kept my truck again and planned on hooking up some sort of vibration machine to the truck today to hopefully diagnose it. As soon as I hear more I'll report back.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
For those wondering, even after following up with them two weeks after submission, I never heard back from the official Ford account that posted earlier in this thread asking for my VIN.

TylerL55

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Controls Engineer
I was denied for my second buyback request through ford. They said to take it in yet again for them to escalate the repair. I took it to my local dealership and I could tell from the Ford pass app that they drove it 80 miles!
I called to check on it and they said they couldn’t feel anything.

I asked if I could come drive with the service foreman, I went up there on Tuesday to take the ride. He connected to the truck with the computer and everything was all green.

He showed me the screen that monitors the vibration and it was not outside of the ford tolerances when the shudder was happening.

He did agree that something is definitely wrong and that he was going to investigate further. I’m just glad that he was able to feel it.

I asked them to check the spark plugs and ignition coils, and he said that they did, but they didn’t pull them from the engine to inspect since the computer says everything is good.

The shudder is currently still there. I’m really hoping they can finally figure it out.

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Same here, shudder is still there. In fact, yesterday after work buddy of mine was behind me in his 14 f150, when he went to pass, I floored it and took off. This was the first time actually pushing it that hard. The shudder was so bad I thought the truck was going to fall apart ! I really hope ford figures out WTF is going on with these things !!! Side note - Buddy was so impressed with the way I pulled away from him so fast, little did he know I did it while hoping the truck would stay together as he doesn't know about the shudder problem most of us have been dealing with.

TylerL55

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Update! After my second buyback was denied, Ford said they would setup a hotline for the servicing dealer to contact for help.
I heard back this morning that they had been working with them and are going to be installing pinion angle shims to see if that solves the problem.

Not sure why I need those but if it solves the shudder I guess I don't care.

I'll update again if anything changes!

Tyler

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I was denied for my second buyback request through ford. They said to take it in yet again for them to escalate the repair. I took it to my local dealership and I could tell from the Ford pass app that they drove it 80 miles!
I called to check on it and they said they couldn’t feel anything.

I asked if I could come drive with the service foreman, I went up there on Tuesday to take the ride. He connected to the truck with the computer and everything was all green.

He showed me the screen that monitors the vibration and it was not outside of the ford tolerances when the shudder was happening.

He did agree that something is definitely wrong and that he was going to investigate further. I’m just glad that he was able to feel it.

I asked them to check the spark plugs and ignition coils, and he said that they did, but they didn’t pull them from the engine to inspect since the computer says everything is good.

The shudder is currently still there. I’m really hoping they can finally figure it out.
The Ford techs are pretty worthless if you aske me. All they do is hook up the computer and if a green light comes on Yep its fine nothing we can do.

Can you take if for a drive? Sure, yep something feels off but the computer is green nothing we can do.

Can you get the service manager? Sure, yep that doesn't feel right but the computer is green nothing we can do.

I am having the same issue, yep doesn't feel right, but nothing we can do because the computer says its green.

A complete joke.

My next oil change going to bring it to my 3rd dealer and see if they have people other than mindless robots that stare at a computer screen.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
The Ford techs are pretty worthless if you aske me. All they do is hook up the computer and if a green light comes on Yep its fine nothing we can do.

Can you take if for a drive? Sure, yep something feels off but the computer is green nothing we can do.

Can you get the service manager? Sure, yep that doesn't feel right but the computer is green nothing we can do.

I am having the same issue, yep doesn't feel right, but nothing we can do because the computer says its green.

A complete joke.

My next oil change going to bring it to my 3rd dealer and see if they have people other than mindless robots that stare at a computer screen.
I'm actually amazed between the differences in service experiences I've received from Honda and Ford. I've had a couple of issues with my 3 Honda's, all of which didn't trigger a CEL. The techs diagnosed these almost immediately and had me on my way. My experience with Ford on the other hand has been nothing short of miserable. The dealership STILL has my truck, yet hasn't even opened the door to look at it (thanks SECURIALERT). I got a call two days ago from the dealerships service manager in relation to a poor review I left and they asked when I could bring my truck back in for service because they don't like to receive 2 out of 5 star reviews. I had to do everything in my power to not laugh into this guys ear when I told him that they have my truck and have had it for almost a week at that point. I then asked him how long they expected to have it and was told he'd have to follow up with me later that day to give me answer. To my surprise (sarcasm) I never heard back. I emailed him, never heard back. I called their service department and asked the same question. Got told they'd have to ask the tech and they'd call me back. Never heard back. I called again today and was told they were still trying to diagnose the issue and when they know something I'll know something.
Needless to say once I have my truck back I will never step foot into this dealer again...

zsify03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 3.5 Eco
Occupation
State Employee
Mine is scheduled to go back in on 11/01 to be looked at again. I also had my case reopened with Ford because they have got no where. If anyone gets anywhere, please post. I will follow up if they find the problem or solution.
Sponsored