First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I’ve been having issues with my 21 lariat since new and yes it was shifting hard and had a vibration between 8 and 10 upshifts and downshifts were puzzling I’ve spoke to dealers and Indy trany guys and both said it’s a learning thing trany settled down at about 3k and I now have almost 10k on it however I’ve also been dealing with a phantom electrical issue that keeps killing my battery and it’s been at the dealership more than it’s been in my driveway to get it fixed and it’s had modules replaced and constantly gets updated they even had a Ford engineer work on it and still nothing fixes it it’s been a battle dealing with Ford to get them to replace it but after 7 months of aggravation they have agreed to reaquire it and swap it out for a new one only problem is I had to order one as the dealerships wouldn’t part with one as they are charging a premium fee above MSRP for them so it’s going to be almost a year before it’s a done deal but Ford does everything in their power to discourage you from going through the buy back route

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
What feedback have they given regarding the buyback? How are they handling it?
All I had to do was send in all my service invoices from the Ford dealers and the purchasing contract to the lawyer. The lawyer sent over a retainer letter that I signed.

They then sent a pre-lawsuit letter to Ford and a couple weeks ago sent the lawsuit stating my issues and the requesting a buyback or replacement.

The lawyer said it will probably take 60-90 days to hear back.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I have a 21 Limited PB that has has the same issue you all have been experiencing. I took it to the dealership last week to have it checked out. They were not able to find/admit that the truck shakes/shudders when shifting. Dealership stated to give it some time as there is a learning curve in the program that should help over time. I will wait until first oil change is due, if things don't improve , I will have them check it out again. Will not except '' this is normal '' for this transmission !

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have a 21 Limited PB that has has the same issue you all have been experiencing. I took it to the dealership last week to have it checked out. They were not able to find/admit that the truck shakes/shudders when shifting. Dealership stated to give it some time as there is a learning curve in the program that should help over time. I will wait until first oil change is due, if things don't improve , I will have them check it out again. Will not except '' this is normal '' for this transmission !
8000 miles still does it. Learning program was reset at 2500 miles because it was so bad. Reset did nothing for the shudder.

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
8000 miles still does it. Learning program was reset at 2500 miles because it was so bad. Reset did nothing for the shudder.
Lets just hope Ford comes up with a fix ! $100k truck should not be having these issues !

Nelson21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT 2.7 Eco
Lets just hope Ford comes up with a fix ! $100k truck should not be having these issues !
13k miles and still shudders. Been running 93 the past couple fills and slight improvement. Developing major clunk at certain times when going slow and down shifting in lower gears… So loud at times I have had people on the street turn their heads. I have also heard major gear noise when taking truck out of park to reverse on slight grade facing downhill. So tired of taking it back and complaining. I believe that is what Ford wants to happen!!

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
13k miles and still shudders. Been running 93 the past couple fills and slight improvement. Developing major clunk at certain times when going slow and down shifting in lower gears… So loud at times I have had people on the street turn their heads. I have also heard major gear noise when taking truck out of park to reverse on slight grade facing downhill. So tired of taking it back and complaining. I believe that is what Ford wants to happen!!
The problem is in my opinion dealership technicians are incompetent and don't have a clue how to fix an issue unless the computer tells them what to do.

Our issue isn't going to show up on their stupid program and they have no idea what to do cause nobody is holding their hand.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Somebody should do a drain and fill and get an oil sample at Blackstone

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I complained to my dealer about shifting rough and this is what he gave to me. Said it takes about 5000 miles/ 8000 km to learn.

Attachments

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I complained to my dealer about shifting rough and this is what he gave to me. Said it takes about 5000 miles/ 8000 km to learn.
Next, they will say it takes 36K miles and then 100K miles and then "sorry you are past your warranty" LOL not funny

TylerL55

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT, 2010 King Ranch
Occupation
Controls Engineer
So I went back to the dealership I purchased the truck from and they said that they could tell Long Lewis didn’t reset the adaptives in the transmission. That fixed the hard shifting. They also saw that the transmission line wasn’t fully seated after the repair and that had caused transmission fluid to spew out all over the underside of my truck. I have been driving it since these issues were fixed and the shudder is still present. Yesterday I was driving and the engine light started blinking and the air conditioner almost shut off completely and starting blowing hot air. After about 5 seconds it was back to normal. This is just getting worse and worse. I’m taking it back to the dealership soon and am currently still in the buyback process. Ford is trying to give me the runaround on that though. I’ll keep y’all updated!

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
My shudder is getting worse too. While On my way home tonight I was on the highway and went to pass someone and when the truck shifted from 10 to what I’m guessing was 8 it slammed really hard into gear. My wife and kids thought I hit something. The truck is going back to the dealership on 10/12 again. I regret buying this thing

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I picked up a 3.5 ecoboost on 2/28. Has around 300 miles on it. I’m noticing when I’m barely on the throttle and between the 8th and 10th gear there is a shudder in the transmission. Almost like driving over a rumble strip but not as quite pronounced. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can see what I can do to assist with your transmission's behavior?